[WM1] Chaotic Orb and Storm of Fire Trap - Accuracy bug

Achilles

Question

Still really pissed about what happened with traps in 1.05 (great idea horribly executed). However, I still feel obliged to point out that the new traps have the pre-1.05 "+10 Accuracy".

If you're going to over-nerf something, I guess it should be consistently over-nerfed *grumble*

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

5 answers to this question

Hey Achilles,

While this nerf may seem bad, if you have someone with an extremely high mechanics, they are better at placing traps and can get a higher accuracy chance when placing the  traps. A character with 14 mechanics gets a +42 trap accuracy and placing a Bounding Missile Trap has -20 accuracy, so you are getting +22 accuracy instead of the +10 from back in the day. 

But thank you for pointing this out. I have added bug reports on both traps.

Keep up the good work!

Hi Aarik,

I tried to address that point here and here. Again, I don't think the change was a bad idea. I don't think enough thought went into how it would impact the higher-end traps. That "character with 14 mechanics" that you mentioned will only be a rogue and will probably have to have a resting bonus to get there (at the time I originally posted that, I think +1 Mechanics was the best resting bonus you could find). For Bounding Missile Traps, this hypothetical rogue is going to get a very nice bonus (per your post). However, the *best* she (and only she) will ever do with a Sunlance Trap is -3 in vanilla PoE and +3 in WM1.

Don't even bother having Sunlance Traps at this point, right? Am I making sense or am I missing something?

I appreciate you taking the time to respond! :)

EDIT: Hey, I was doing that last bit from memory and mistakenly thought that Sunlance was -45, not -40. Which means I should have said, "+2 in vanilla and +8 in white march".

Edited by Achilles

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Hey Aarik,

Just posting a quick updated to let you know this is still in 3.02.

Aarik,

The new WM2 traps appear to be something of a grab bag also. A few of them have the +10, but one has +10 and another has -25.