[2.03] Monk AI - Disruptor/Aggressive

Achilles

Question

Perhaps not a bug, but posting it here anyway.

First things first, this appears to be working as intended. With that said, is it perhaps worth revisiting *ahem*...the range at which the behavior is applicable.

In other words, I like where this is headed, but could we keep the mother****ing monk from running off to some obscure corner of the map to aggro *another* group of baddies just cuz it's got a wizard or a lesser black ooze in it when there are mother****ers that need to be killed right here?!

Please and thank you :)

The Part Where I Try to Anticipate Well-Meaning but Misguided Suggestions: yes, Disruptor/Defensive is an option, but it seems that Defensive only looks for targets that are a few feet away. And "the rest of the map" seems like a awfully large max range and surely can't be intentional (right?).

EDIT: To illustrate my point, please see the attached. You'll see my party in the upper right, flush from their stunning victory over an unstable construct. In the lower left, you'll see Zahua, running like a madman to god-knows-where because triggered. Really, Zahua?

post-1981-0-60605100-1447192980_thumb.jpg

EDIT2: Whatever it is that got his loincloth in a tizzy, it's in this room over here.

post-1981-0-44783400-1447193282_thumb.jpg

EDIT3: That room had a lot of very bad things in it. Good thing I didn't let curiosity get the better of me and let Zahua run in there alone. 

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

5 answers to this question

Sure thing. I just pulled an available save from that map. He does it everywhere so feel free to fast-travel somewhere else to observe if everything there is dead.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4psqcpy6qt02ck/71e8c801ead54c11852e638b89f3be50%2011691910%20GalvinosWorkshop.savegame?dl=0

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

BMac,

I absolutely love that you updated this thread to let us know that this was fixed. You guys are awesome!

...even if you occasionally wear the wrong trousers.

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 2