Anyone getting SC2 LotV?

Darkpriest

I've got it, but like you I'm not really into competitive multiplayer. Allied Commanders looks fun, though. It came out here 15 minutes ago, but Battle.net of course went down. I don't know what I expected.

EDIT: Dragoons. :wub:

Edited by TrueNeutral

I got it already, am a sucker for RTS games and I'm already 2/3 of the way in so might as well finish it. I aspire to be in Bronze league, I am that good in MP :p , so will be SP only for me.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Story isn't even that bad so far. I'm about 7 missions in. Couple of massive surprises to me (click the spoiler if you want to know). But I'm sure Blizz will pull something ridiculous out of their ass again.

Holy ****, Amon corrupted the Khala and all free Protoss are now severed from it, Zeratul sacrificed himself to free Artanis and we BLEW UP FREAKING SHAKURAS!

Not that much of a surprise, kind of sad to read one of them though. Hopefully Kerrigan still dies. But I know we'll end up with some bull**** of her and Raynor being lovey lovey :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'll get it eventually to finish the story. Though after HotS I am not that bothered. God, that was terrible writing. Possibly the worst story I have seen in any game ever. Well, ok there is Dragon Age 2. But *shudder* that was terrible.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Not that much of a surprise, kind of sad to read one of them though. Hopefully Kerrigan still dies. But I know we'll end up with some bull**** of her and Raynor being lovey lovey :p

None of that so far, which is probably why it's better. Raynor has only had a perfunctory appearance as someone who needed Artanis to save his butt, and Kerrigan has yet to appear at all.

I watched all the cinematic videos on youtube for the second Star Craft game and I'll probably do the same for the third

It's weird because I used to love Star Craft to death back in the day but now I can barely be bothered... kinda the same with Fallout

Free games updated 3/4/21

Huh, I swear I'm on the last planet (I'm fighting the big bad directly) but other than a couple of missions guest starring them, both Raynor and Kerrigan have been suspiciously absent.

On another note, I absolutely love Alarak. Not only is he essentially a Sith Protoss (that even looks like Darth Vader got his helmet knocked off) he just exudes personality, thanks to John de Lancie (Q from Star Trek) voicing him and hamming it up to the max.

Alarak_BlizzCon_Art2.jpg

• Like 2

Yup, pre-ordered it ages ago. Every now and again when I'm bored, I go back to Starcraft 2 and play a few matches, so Starcraft has probably given me more happy gaming hours in total than any other game. 

I regret that the writing is still terrible compared to Star 1 (like WoL and HotS, I assume they're aiming for a lower age group). I think it's the campaign enemies that annoy me the most. In Starcraft 1, everyone was rational and did what they did for good reasons. In Starcraft 2, the enemy is a classic "let's destroy the universe for the evulz!" and everyone else is "corrupted/mind-controlled/fanatics". But I am happy that 

a certain prophecy spouting Dark Templar bites the dust.

Did laugh when Zeratul explicitly says "That guilt weighs heavily on me", didn't seem very natural. Am on the third mission now, that second one turned into a bitch to beat for me with the triggered warp prism and nydus worm spam. Tried tackling the Protoss base there but they had carriers :p

In stark contrast to my previous, more positive posts:

If you hated the writing in the others, wait until you see this ending. I'm literally reeling from how all-out insane and stupid this became in the end. Check the spoiler box if you want to read my summary. I want to know what kind of crazy pills the Blizzard writers are taking and how I can get my hands on some. What the ****.

After the unified Protoss destroy the big bad we all go into the void to find Tassadar, who turns out to be good space whale cthulhu pretending to be Tassadar, who sacrifices himself to turn Kerrigan into a celestial angel type thing so she can murder evil space whale cthulhu so the big bad can never ever reincarnate.

• Like 1

There's a little ending bit where they say what happened to everyone else who all lived happily ever after

except for Kerrigan who goes into the void or whatever I dunno, and Raynor joins her 2 years later and is never seen again or something, it wasn't clear

, but yeah, that's essentially it.

Cool Protoss don't look at explosions, apparently. I think I am in an annoying place, Hard is getting too hard for me and Normal is just facerolling. Guess I will just do it on Normal to find the story out.

I am really liking the music in this game

Finished. Now grinding for achievements. :p

A couple of nitpics: protoss aren't easy to relate to, makes the human drama kinda stale. Opponents were always the amorphous mass of Amon's underlings, so it seemed like there was very little variance.

I think I am in an annoying place, Hard is getting too hard for me and Normal is just facerolling. Guess I will just do it on Normal to find the story out.

It certainly ups the difficulty. I played through the normal mode so far and some of the missions around the end became harder than trying to get all the hard achievements in Heart of the Swarm.

It certainly ups the difficulty. I played through the normal mode so far and some of the missions around the end became harder than trying to get all the hard achievements in Heart of the Swarm.

Wussed out on the Shakuras evacuation mission, couldn't get enough Annihilators to punch holes and DTs had a lot of detection to weave through. On normal, pretty much stomped over everything easily, heh.