Anyone else just waiting?

Endurance and Health bars are meant to complement the supplies resource management for resting. What makes it seem redundant is the fact that resting can be done with not much consequence. It kinda ties in the Health aspect as well as the the per-rest abilities aspect.I have previously suggested ways to make the resource management stricter eg. make some dungeons un-escapeable once entered so the supplies management is more crucial. Then came the objections as this would legitimately have a game-over effect, in which one might need to reload before entering the dungeon if the supplies was wrongly managed. Note that there are some situations where this is already present in the game itself, eg. The drop to lv5 of Endless Path via pit or the final dungeon of Sunless Shadow.At this point, you can also place self-restriction on camping.

Sounds good to me. How about making camping supplies finite in potd - they never restock. And all inns are closed for renovation. That would sure shake things up

OR!

You can camp a much as you want but there is a small chance each time that you will be killed by one of those ax murderers that always seems to target campers.

That's all fine and dandy.

My point is not to make the game more difficult for the sake of difficulty itself, but to make the other aspects of the game more relevant and/or require some degree of planning. Imo, not all ways to make the game more "difficult" is agreeable to me.

This game aren't stabilizing any time soon.

Care to elaborate?

How long do you think it will take to finish ?

There isn't a sense of the game being "finalized", at least for me. I have the game since launch, and up to the last patch it introduced heavy changes. Some would even say some changes went against the initial design philosophy. Check out AndreaColombo's posts on further patch tease. Those normally includes direct replies/quotes from Josh Sawyer and so far they have been accurate. Things to expect may include:

• Stronghold changes
  • Chanter mechanics change
  • Casters' per-enc system changes
So yeah...
I think the first thing need to be improved is the boring companions.

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

That's all fine and dandy.

My point is not to make the game more difficult for the sake of difficulty itself, but to make the other aspects of the game more relevant and/or require some degree of planning. Imo, not all ways to make the game more "difficult" is agreeable to me.

In wasteland 2 you have to conserve ammo and medical supplies. Pillars could use some reasorce management.

If your basis is purely because another rpg happen to have same sort of resource management system, I have to respectfully disagree. Never played WL2 but from what I can see the ammo and meds resource management makes sense as it is a post-apocalyptic setting where scavenging is crucial to survival. 

I feel like this game is changing too much.

I want to enjoy the finished product.

Haven't bought the x pack. I will buy both later once the game has stabilized more.

Or maybe there will be a directors cut or something. Anyone else in the same boat?

KS'ed the game, started it after it came out and it was super bugged, but it down ever since. Maybe sometime after the final expansion is patched up and solid I'll actually the play the game.

Edited by AstroCat

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

Think I'm joining this group. I have a big problem with restarting RPGs and I have put roughly around 200 hours into this game trying out new builds up to Act 3. This game is right up there with Baldur's Gate for me (and I'm one of those crazy people that prefer part 1).

I haven't actually finished the game either. I get pretty far into Act 3 then decide I wish I had tried something else... so I do. I was actually pretty confident I would finish my latest game but just reading about all the 3.0 changes... Yeah, I might as well wait.