So now that fall is halfway done ...

I don't even have a pad. I'll have to ask for one for Christmas... if Santa thinks I've been good... or if Mrs. Clause prefers me to be naughty. Either way, I'll be playing pathfinder before the new year I hope.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I don't even have a pad. I'll have to ask for one for Christmas... if Santa thinks I've been good... or if Mrs. Clause prefers me to be naughty. Either way, I'll be playing pathfinder before the new year I hope.

I've pretty much given up all hope of this being out before the new year. Its a shame Obsidian doesnt take the licence seriously and spend a little more money on a bigger dev team.

Trust me. It's taken very seriously (as we've staked our own money on it). Having a small team with a slower burn is allowing us to build-play-tune then build-play-tune to a much higher degree with less effort wasted building content the public will never see. Where on something like South Park, we had a lot of pressure to make a full game quickly before the jokes and mechanics were all 100% where we needed them to be. This meant that a lot of game went out the window once those elements were fully formed. We are proud of what shipped, but we cut a lot away to get there. Since this is just us, we have more time to test and itterate with lower stakes.

I know that for most of you this can't come out fast enough. For us, what ends up looking like a delay for you is, for us, a greater investment in the future of the game (future of the series really).

I know it's been quite some time since we've dropped any concrete news. There is a lot happening behind the scenes (all good!). Thanks for baring with us! I look forward to telling you more soon!

• Like 3

That's all very well and good. I'm looking forward to this game and can't wait to get my hands on it.

But the fact remains that we still have "this year" timeframe and the year is almost over, I'm getting concerned that this is going to stretch out into the never ever. 

In terms of providing more news and updates, you described it as coming soon. That's great! But similar things have been said on these forums for months. Apart from a few screenshots, I really feel like we've seen diddly squat about the game since it was announced, mid-last year. 

I love this game and I'm so eager to play it. Please give us a something or at least give us an honest assessment on why new information and even the announcement of the release date never seems to come.

• Like 1

I'm happy to wait for it as long as it doesn't become vaporware. I haven't bought every Obsidian title they've shipped, but I've ranged from happy to ecstatic about the ones I have bought. Hell, New Vegas is in my top five all time faves list. So, since I'm a Pathfinder fan, I'm jonesin' for this title, but I'm not necessarily so impatient I'm getting restive over it. Just keeping my ear to the ground. ...and looking at tablets.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!