Help me make a decision :D

Hello there!

My name is Dainank, and I am a fan of mmorpg's, for example Guild Wars 2 and LoTRO as well as home rpg's such as DnD and Pathfinder, but I am unsure whether or not I will enjoy a game like PoE, which is so heavily focused on lore.

I do enjoy lore a bit, but not to the extent where it is the main part of the game, but I also like leveling and progression.

I would appreciate feedback, at what this game is like, to come to a decision!

Thank You!

A comparison between MMOs and singleplayer RPGs like Pillars is pretty difficult to draw, especially when I don't really know what is it exactly that you enjoy about games -

1) Which singleplayer RPGs do you enjoy?

2) Which ones did you play and how did you like them?

3) Did you play Infinity Engine games, like Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale?

4) You don't enjoy when the main focus of a game is lore, but how about story?

5) What kind of stories do you like?

6) What do you enjoy about progression in RPGs?

Try to answer these questions to the best of your ability and we'll be able to provide you with a lot more accurate information. Since I'm a fanboy I'll absolutely say "Oh sure, you'll love it, there's progression and lore but also story!", but it's not an answer which would be worth much.

I do love MMORPG's as well, and have fully played through:

1) Dark Age of Camelot

2) Warhammer Online

3) Final Fantasy Online

4) Star Wars The Old Republic

One thing I can say is that I did enjoy the single player questing (lore) from most of these RPG's. So if you also enjoyed them, then games like PoE will give you much more entertainment since the storyline is much more invovled and rich. In contrast, storyline and lore in MMORPG's tends to get monotonous and only serves to help characters level up more quickly or gain a certain item, which helps in PvP or group PvE raids.

PoE heavily relies on lore to hook players. It is by far the best aspect of the game and the story requires a lot of reading and thinking to keep up with it. If you are not attracted by this characteristic, I would advice watching some youtube videos, maybe even walkthroughs of the first part, to see if you like it or not.

I do love MMORPG's as well, and have fully played through:

1) Dark Age of Camelot

2) Warhammer Online

3) Final Fantasy Online

4) Star Wars The Old Republic

One thing I can say is that I did enjoy the single player questing (lore) from most of these RPG's. So if you also enjoyed them, then games like PoE will give you much more entertainment since the storyline is much more invovled and rich. In contrast, storyline and lore in MMORPG's tends to get monotonous and only serves to help characters level up more quickly or gain a certain item, which helps in PvP or group PvE raids.

Dark Age of Camelot... Gosh, how I miss those days.