windows 10 multiple game crash

thothor

Question

Hie,

I have not played since more than 3 month.

Yesterday I decided to return to pillar of eternity, and why not, buy the extention.

But, i have upgraded my system to windows 10 and now,after 3-4 mn playing, I can not save the game anymore (when I choose "save game", the "save selection screen" is fully empty and not work). And then the game crash 1 or 2 mn after.

If I do not try to save, the game also crash after some minutes playing...

Here is an example of a crash report.

I have check the integrity of pe through steam, and steam says it's ok...

Can anybody help ?

Is there anybody having this "empty" screen when saving (quick save do not work also).

(PS : I can not post a saved game, they are bigger than the limit authorized to attach... ???)

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Edited by thothor

5 answers to this question

Hello thothor,

The issue you are experiencing is due to having a 32 bit OS. Please refer to this link and scroll down to the part about 32 bit OS.

"For 32-Bit Machines

• There are reports of reporting crashing when transitioning on 32-bit machines.  We are aware of the issue and attempting to fix it.  This issue did come up on Wasteland 2, which is another Unity project, and a workaround was discovered by their fans: here

You can change your system settings on your computer to increase RAM used by a single application.  However, there are inherent risks involved when changing settings involving your operating system and any attempts to change your system settings will be at your own risk.  Obsidian is not liable for any issues that might occur with those settings."
Edited by Sylvus_Moonbow

restart the game, do one fight... and crach again

PS : I try to play with the last version (steam keep it up to date) and I have re-intstall the whole game,. I have no mods, no special installation , just a simple PC with windows 10, graphics driver up to date, and pe... and it not works :(

PS: I have attach the 3 files in "crash" directory created by pillar of eternity. The crash dump is an empty file.

Any developper help ?

error.txt

output_log.txt

report.txt

Please also post your DXDiag file. Check if you have enough space on drive C:

From the logs you can see that there are errors in: C:/Users/Thothor/AppData/Local/Temp/Obsidian Entertainment/Pillars of Eternity\TempSaveData

(Maybe move files from there to another location)

Do you load a save game and then try to save? Maybe post also your save game. It might be corrupted.

Edited by Aurelio