16 Personalities

Gorth

A friend and I tried this little online personality test. Unlike most of the "fun" ones out there, this one was almost spooky in how close it got to a lot of things about us.

http://www.16personalities.com/

On their website they claim:

"Take our Personality Test and get a 'freakishly accurate' description of who you are and why you do things the way you do."

Well, it was freakishly accurate (you do need to be honest though in your answers) wink.png

It labelled me "Logician". Never heard that before, but the details fits like a hand in glove.

So, who are you?

Personality: ISFP ("The Adventurer")

Variant: Turbulent

Role: Explorer

Strategy: Constant Improvement

I call bollocks, did the test twice, and I got the same result, with a few percentage points difference on the scales. The accuracy of the test results seem to be on the same level as actual horoscopes.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I got ISTP (The Virtuoso)

Variant: Assertive

Strategy: Confident Individualism

I'm reading about it now. Sounds about right.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Briggs-Myers is a nice test, but the problem as I see it is that unless you're pretty extreme in each category, it gets vague.

For example, I always score extreme introvert, but on the other 3 scales, I score about 50-50, so it doesn't really mean anything. 

I could be any of the Ixxx's depending on the day. 

Personality: INFJ ("The Advocate")

Role: Diplomat

Hm. Not so sure of that "diplomat" label...when my patience is tried by certain persons too many times, I throw tact and diplomacy out of the window and become more of an instigator than a diplomat. tongue.png

I've always been INTJ...odd that I'm not for this one.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Personality: ESTP ("The Entrepreneur")

Strategy: People Mastery

Honestly though I've long stopped caring about these kinds of tests cause I've know gotten three different results from it over the years I've run into this one, so yeah.

The idea you can categorize people in 16 different categories is also total horse****, but I'm sure we all knew that and just enjoy taking these for the fun of it.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I find these exercises a little inaccurate because some of the questions are difficult for me to answer because my mood and views  can represent both sides of the agree and disagree ....

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I find these exercises a little inaccurate because some of the questions are difficult for me to answer because my mood and views  can represent both sides of the agree and disagree ....

That's true of most people; the idea is to answer based on what would be the "most common" action/reaction/feeling.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That's true of most people; the idea is to answer based on what would be the "most common" action/reaction/feeling.

Okay...let me try that, I'm sure there was another issue I had but I'll let you know about it when I encounter it  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I got this

Personality: INFP ("The Mediator")

Which is not correct actually, the test put me as more feeling than thinking, and that's not even remotely true. I wouldn't call myself assertive either, but it's opposed by turbulent so maybe the word has a different meaning than usual? I think I usually get INTP on these kind of tests.

I got this

Personality: INFP ("The Mediator")

Which is not correct actually, the test put me as more feeling than thinking, and that's not even remotely true. I wouldn't call myself assertive either, but it's opposed by turbulent so maybe the word has a different meaning than usual? I think I usually get INTP on these kind of tests.

Yeah, when it said I was assertive I questioned it, then read what they meant by assertive, which was calm, doesn't get stressed easy and is able to handle things alone, vs turbulent which was quick to break down and needs support from others or something like that. Made sense, but I think assertive is the wrong word to use.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

INFJ-T

INFJs act on their convictions, so when they do something, it’s something that has meaning to them – if those actions come under criticism, even justified complaints, but especially unwarranted ones, their morale is likely to tank spectacularly.

All Stop. On Screen.

Personality type: axe wielding psychopath.

No, not really. But it would be rather amusing if it was an option. What I got was some ego stroking prattle about how I am such a precious little snowflake, and even my flaws were really signs of what a good person I am - and that, of course, they could tell me more, if only I would become a premium member.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Personality type: axe wielding psychopath.

No, not really. But it would be rather amusing if it was an option. What I got was some ego stroking prattle about how I am such a precious little snowflake, and even my flaws were really signs of what a good person I am - and that, of course, they could tell me more, if only I would become a premium member.

Is that you?

• Like 1

The trivia that always amuses me...   Because he'd been a firefighter before he went into acting, he was so skilled with using an axe to chop down doors  that he kept doing it too fast. So they went through a silly number of doors to shoot that scene.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."