Durance's repulsing seal - slicken who? 10/10 would prone

The traps have a major bonus. Its normal.

Its a short zone but, very effective. Really useful against dragon battle, when the team is full offensive without tank.

BUT the real issue is :

With 2.03, Sleep call of the magician (level 5) was nerfed to 9 seconds. Furthermore, a spell level 4 ( druid ) will last 11 seconds and doing damage . Balancing is strange.

A spell level 2 of priest its better than the other two with 15 seconds and accuracy of the universe !...

for me , sleep appeal must remain diminished, but must be accompanied by a penalty to the enemy, such decrease willpower (concept of the sleep after all...)

Edited by theBalthazar

i think priests are currently the undisputed best caster class in the game.

they have incredible spells that completely control how a battle develops if utilized correctly, and they also hae a very healthy mix of (mostly fire-based) direct-damage spells that always apply a secondary effect after the damage, unlike the majority of direct-damage wizard and druid spells; they have the buffs, nuff said; and the packed is nicely wrapped and sumptuously gifted with their suite of godlike trap-spells. a high-INT priest with average PER will prone fools with repulsing seal for freaking 10-15 seconds. that is legendary.

they also have specialty spells like withdraw, which i don't even need to go into detail about as it's applications are well known nowadasy; the obvious heal/revive spells but also extra-special buff-heals like Barring Death's Door, which is often overlooked but is a Fast Cast spell that prevents dying. what the hell more do you want? lol.

and that brings me to my final point about the strengths of the priests in poe: casting times. go ahead and visit the wiki for a moment, or fire up the game, and go directly to your go-to priest spells / wizard spells / druid spells and compare the casting times. out of all the casters the priest is by a very LARGE margin the one with the widest gaumt of utility/buff/damage/disabling spells that are also... FAST CAST.

i will leave you with one example of one such spell that is level 1 and is one of the strongest priest spells in the game, useful against absolutely any enemy, including them dragons: Halt.

Halt is Fast Cast, targets Reflex (the highest saves *common* in enemy mobs, averaged, are no. 1 their Fortitude saves, in second place enemy Reflex, and third place and obviously the willpower defense. wait, i misled you, on potd the no. 1 saving throw is actually enemy deflection. a good rule of thumb is to not rely on fort-targeting spells on potd, or rely on deflection-targeting CC.

of course, guess who has the highest amount of reflex and will-power targeting CC's and nerfs and the like? (such as Halt) mmm the priest once again! and even ones such as the traps which all target reflex, they get a 20-30 +ACC modifier for good measure. thanks magran!

addendum: an 18 INT priest with average-to-high natural accuracy (this affects all of their spells, unlike ciphers and wizards and druids that generally have included modifiers on their spells independent of their ACC. the priest does too, like the traps, but a lot of his spells are undocumented in the fact that they rely on his normal ACC) anyway the 18 INT priest's Halt will "Stuck" an enemy mob for upwards of 14 seconds. sure, they can make an attack but they hve to do without moving. Halt is an absolutely AMAZING way to control space in a large melee purely because it is fast cast, targets reflex and therefore tailor-made to halt advancing enemy fighters/martial-types and root them to the spot so you can organize accordingly.

and it's level 1. okenough about halt. tldr i reallylike priests :)

a good rule of thumb is to not rely on fort-targeting spells on potd, or rely on deflection-targeting CC.

Disagree, other casters have tools to lower Deflection and Fort saves. Heck, the Priest themselves have Shining Beacon which is the best spell ever. Why do you not talk about it? Its so amazing. The damage over time is so insane with scion of flame and -10 to all defenses is so good and it targets will and *foams at the mouth*

But anyway, there's a ton of tools that can make your casters overcome say for example, Fort. Weapons with -5 defenses on hit, the Priest's Shining Beacon and Devotions for the Faithful, the Paladin's Zealous Focus, the Cipher's Secret Horrors and Fractured Volition... tons of ways. With them you should be able to crit a dragon with Plague of Insects, which is both hilarious and highly effective.

On another note, nah, I still think Wizards win in CC. Slicken spam is pretty pathetic compared to Ninagauth's Shadowflame (Though Slicken is a great opener for it) and the ridiculous amounts of Interrupts that Wall of Flames can cause.

Edited by Wolken3156
  • Like 1

lol i thought i did mention it. perhaps it is because it so obviously OP i just forgot!

shining beacong is actually 60 percent of the reason i decided to have only durance along, and kick out aloth and hiravias. i take GM along sometimes cos ciphers are cool.

my bounty fights in TWM went like this: my 4 martial-type units hold the coming wave of enemy mobs, that is step one. 
step two: watching a completely naked durance spam shining beacon as fast as my finger can click!!! the 6th unit, usually GM or Kana, are literally standing guard for durance, to prevent anyone messing up his beacon-spam.

:D :D :D

priests! love 'em

it would be... madness!!i think 2 priests, 1 cipher and 3 fighters/monks is probably the most ridiculously OP setup right now. 1 priest spamming beacon, the other traps, the cipher spamming amplified wave, and the 3 martial units doing their thing.