Special Extra Life Edition of #ObsidianPlays This Saturday!

Mikey Dowling

Yeah, I was rooting for them. I turned the sound down so the wife wouldn't knife me in my sleep tonight. Then I would leave, do stuff, come back, and yet more mario deaths. The first level Mr. Dowling here got out of dodge after several 1 second deaths. I don't know if they ever tried it again, but it was twelve shades of ugly. The other levels at least they made headway whenever I watched.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I was in a party. Rest of the people went to a bar. I came home to watch twitch tv. I don't even try to explain my life choices.

Did I miss Armored Warfare?

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Yeah, that sawblade level was pretty impressive. I didn't see the beginning and end, but I saw a lot of good progress. You deserved a sandwich after that my green shirted friend.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Well...there is a substantial lack of promised green shirts.

Anyways now gonna drive 80 miles to go play some 80's Coin Op.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Dave Webb (schedule and stream link on previous page) will be playing later tonight.

If I'm reading it correctly I can get good 6 hours of sleep now. Mmmm sleeep.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I have to admit, I don't understand the green shirt reference, but it does seem to have elicited a community response, so it must mean something.

• Like 1

Obsidian Plays

I have to admit, I don't understand the green shirt reference, but it does seem to have elicited a community response, so it must mean something.

It's from Project Eternity ... Obsidian streamed the final moments of the Kickstarter and the chat noticed one of the devs wearing a well-fitting green shirt. ;)       

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

It's from Project Eternity ... Obsidian streamed the final moments of the Kickstarter and the chat noticed one of the devs wearing a well-fitting green shirt. wink.png

ahhh! I seeeeee! Well, I can imagine. I didn't see.

Obsidian Plays

Who is Michie I love her don't sit over there Nicole I can't see  you how am I am going to stay awake until 0830 two Fifth Element refs in one night pretty good

edit: baby jesus in a sink i haven't laughed this much in days

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

Good Lord, my manifested friend, you've gone stalker on us! :Cant's slap on the shoulder grin icon:

• Like 1

Obsidian Plays

I cashed out around the same time and got up at 7ish just to see how it was winding down. Looked like a frat house after finals. A few people snoozing on the couches and a few guys playing some horror game. There were a couple of people I swear had been there chatting all day. Dogtooth and...poolsomething? facepool? Good times

Obsidian Plays

A huge thanks to all who joined us in the stream! Sorry if I didn't realize who you may have been in the chat as Twitch names and our forum names weren't always the same. Thank you all nonetheless. I hope you had a good time watching us play games. :)

The VOD of the entire stream is now up on our Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/obsidian/v/24497416), so you can relive it anytime you want. I'll also be working on editing out highlights from it this week (as there were PLENTY).

As for how much we raised: our team was made up of Obsidian employees: Dave Webb [sr. Designer, Armored Warfare], Aaron DuBois [sr. VFX Artist, Armored Warfare], Bree Maldonado [Recruiter], and Nicole "Green Shirt Girl" Evanich [Junior Animator/UI Artist, Armored Warfare]. They all helped spread the word and bring in donations for the team so a huge chunk of gratitude needs to go out to them for all of their dedication to this great cause!

I lead the charge for the stream held here and our "lead team" combined with everyone else has raised a total of $3,635 for the Children's Hospital of Orange County!

The donation window is not closed yet, that was just the time for the 24-hour marathon. So if you missed the oppurtunity to donate during the marathon, you can still do so.

While we didn't make our goal during the marathon, I'm still very happy with what we've accomplished. We didn't even have a concerted presence on Twitch until the beginning of October and it's completely through the love of our fans and you all helping us spread the word that we were able to do what we did.

So again, thank you!

And now for an announcement! We had thought that maybe we would just do the streams during October as a lead-in to Extra Life and then die down again. Have it be a thing where we raise awareness for a cause in spurts and then let it sit for awhile, which is all fine and dandy. But then it turned out to be a thing fans were into... and so were we! So, #ObsidianPlays is going to be a continuing thing for us!

We'll probably find a place for a thread to exist here so we can interact with people and talk about episodes and such. We'll continue to play other games, but we also have plans to do "Special Edition" episodes where we bring in Sawyer to go over some cool, never before seen White March Part 2 areas, have members of the KotOR2 team play through the newly updated Steam release and give a bit of commentary on it, or bring in Tim Cain to check out Fallout 4. Just as a couple of ideas.

That all said: Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU! You are all incredible.

• Like 6

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Congrats on the fundraiser!

And yes, those video streaming ideas all sound very appealing.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Thanks Mikey for doing this, and big thanks to everyone who watched/donated. I had an absolute blast doing this and will definitely be taking part in more of these streams, maybe even doing some myself sometime.  You guys are all awesome and it was definitely fun interacting with everyone!  

ps...im still tired.

• Like 1

Holy crap, I see myself typing things I don't even remember typing. lol That's pretty funny, but I was matching these guys in their drinking game.

• Like 2

Obsidian Plays