Special Extra Life Edition of #ObsidianPlays This Saturday!

Mikey Dowling

Hey, everybody! This Saturday, November 7th, we'll be participating in a 24-hour video gaming marathon for the Extra Life Charity Event!

If you have the ability, any donations (no matter the size) are appreciated. Even just spreading the word and sharing the message is fantastic! 100% (that's right, all of it!) goes to the Children's Hospital of Orange County!

You can donate here: www.obsidian.net/donate and you can watch us play games in a special Extra Life edition of ‪#‎ObsidianPlays‬ on our twitch channel (www.twitch.tv/obsidian)!

Let's do it for the kids, everyone!

If you have any questions about the event, feel free to ask and I'll answer all that I can!

• Like 10

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Pft, to hell with the kids.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What! I'm not paying for a long expensive journey to a metaphysical realm of anguish, punishment and suffering for any children. They can walk the road of good intentions like the rest of us!

No but seriously, i'm afraid I personally support Great Ormond Street Hospital, as they need more funding now that the rights to JM Barries works are no longer under their control, and I firmly believe that charity begins at home. However I applaud any moves such as this, and would donate were I a Californian, good luck ladies and gentlemen.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

What! I'm not paying for a long expensive journey to a metaphysical realm of anguish, punishment and suffering for any children. They can walk the road of good intentions like the rest of us!

No but seriously, i'm afraid I personally support Great Ormond Street Hospital, as they need more funding now that the rights to JM Barries works are no longer under their control, and I firmly believe that charity begins at home. However I applaud any moves such as this, and would donate were I a Californian, good luck ladies and gentlemen.

Totally understandable, Nonek! Even if you can't donate, come and by the stream and hang out with us. We'll be playing various games throughout the day. We also have other Obsidian employees doing their own streams that you can pop into. I'll post schedules for everyone as I get them.

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

What kind of games? Board games? Competitive multiplayer? Cards Against Humanity? Whatever strikes the fancy at the time.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What kind of games? Board games? Competitive multiplayer? Cards Against Humanity? Whatever strikes the fancy at the time.

Im joining Mikey in some Mario Maker in the morning i think, I plan on finishing up the Uncharted collection with some Uncharted 3 (never played)  Supposedly there may be some Goldeneye action happening? and I hope Mariokart...

• Like 1

The rage is strong with Mariokart, excellent.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

In the office (so far):

- The morning will start with Super Mario Maker as people filter in

- We'll probably do a new game on Mass Effect (N7 Day and all) for a bit and have chat help us make all of our choices. It'll be great.

- There are talks of some Rock Band 4

- There might be a Destiny Raid

- Goldeneye

- Mario Kart 64 or 8 (I easily have 8 - 64 is the one that I don't have yet in my 64 collection... I think)

- Other games throughout

But the big draws is someone who is so super easily scared playing PT at 10:00PM PDT. Then once that is done, we're going right into Until Dawn (again, with chat helping us make all of our choices) most likely until we finish the game. Which will probably be just after if not right before the 24-hour mark.

• Like 2

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

No Smash Bros? But seeing Obsidian devs fight each other as miis would be hilarious.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

In the office (so far):

- The morning will start with Super Mario Maker as people filter in

- We'll probably do a new game on Mass Effect (N7 Day and all) for a bit and have chat help us make all of our choices. It'll be great.

- There are talks of some Rock Band 4

- There might be a Destiny Raid

- Goldeneye

- Mario Kart 64 or 8 (I easily have 8 - 64 is the one that I don't have yet in my 64 collection... I think)

- Other games throughout

But the big draws is someone who is so super easily scared playing PT at 10:00PM PDT. Then once that is done, we're going right into Until Dawn (again, with chat helping us make all of our choices) most likely until we finish the game. Which will probably be just after if not right before the 24-hour mark.

No Armored Warfare? Pfft, scrubs.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Here's the schedule for Dave Webb [senior Designer on Armored Warfare] (http://www.twitch.tv/dweebikus) who will be doing a stream from his home:

- 6am - 9am: Pillars New Game

30 min coffee/breakfast break

- 9:30:00 AM - 12pm: Magic Online Battle for Zendikar Draft

30 min Lunch Break

- 12:30 - 3pm: Magic Online Battle for Zendikar Draft

15 min coffee

- 3:15 - 7pm: Pillars New Game cont.

30 min dinner break

- 7:30 - 9:20: New Sylvari Revenant in GW2 with Les (gameplay programmer on GW2)

10 min break

- 9:30 - 11:30: Overwatch

30 min midnight snack

- 12:00 am - 1am: Armored Warfare!!!

15 min break

- 2:15am - 6am: Keep Pillaring on

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Robert Lee [Designer, Armored Warfare] (http://www.twitch.tv/kuhlka) has his schedule up!

- 8:00AM PDT - 8:00PM PDT (that's when baby duty takes him away)

For both Rob and David, make sure to pop in and say hi and thanks! They're taking time out of a much needed weekend to do this and we couldn't be happier to have their help!

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

For both Rob and David, make sure to pop in and say hi and thanks! They're taking time out of a much needed weekend to do this and we couldn't be happier to have their help!

You expect me, a finnish person, to say hi to couple of dudes I have never met? That's really culturally insensitive. For shame Mikey Dowling, for shame.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

You expect me, a finnish person, to say hi to couple of dudes I have never met? That's really culturally insensitive. For shame Mikey Dowling, for shame.

tumblr_inline_nt8xikjXcs1r2xhmf_500.gif

• Like 2

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Crazy Finnish bastard, but we love his cat avatar so... what can ya do?

...And, kirottu had a sort of pictoral let's play of New Vegas. Kind of like an ol' skool twitchtv thing.

For my part, I've never actually taken the time to watch someone else play something, but I'll be at my computer all day tomorrow working on stuff anyway, so I might as well over a tab for the twitch thing.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

lol I had it on at the beginning and then left it on while I did other things. My wife heard them talking and asked me, "Do you have to watch it also? Can't you just donate?" ...And it was a serious question! I got disconnected, but I'm signing back on now.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I've always been of the mind that 8-bit era video games (Mario, Double Dragon, Ninja Gaiden etc.,) were a training ground for the development of one's masochism.

Watching endless streaming of Mario deaths this morning confirmed that.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle