Hard West - the game (opinions?)

Darkpriest

I'm loving the Method in Madness scenario.  It has a mechanic where you can visit and explore locations, and if you explore them thoroughly you'll often find valuables or be inspired to make an invention, but you'll also be driven deeper and deeper into madness.  From a purely mechanical standpoint the madness is a bunch of debuffs that get worse and worse as the level of madness increases, so it's a trade-off of potentially getting and inventing cool stuff  vs retaining your sanity.  I've gone headlong into madness, exploring every area thoroughly.  My man Solomon is a raving lunatic at this point, but has he invented some cool stuff.  Good times.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 3 weeks later...

My display driver stopped working as soon as I started the tutorial. I waited for patches hoping they would fix it, but nothing changed. I finally reduced my GPU clock by 300 Mhz even though it was already at its normal setting, and now it ran the whole tutorial just fine. Which reminds me I need to clean out my fans.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

• 1 month later...