[TWM 2.02] Durgan hit-to-crit conversion doesn't stack with Dire Blessing

AndreaColombo

Question

SAVED GAME: link

OUTPUT LOG: link

REPRO STEPS:

Load the attached saved game.

Select the protagonist, go to her inventory and right-click on the weapon she's wielding; observe it has been enhanced with Durgan Steel, which grants a 20% hit to crit conversion.

Summon a hostile creature via console or look for trouble somewhere so you can enter combat state.

While in combat state, let the creature engage someone other than protagonist and Durance.

Use the protagonist to attack Durance and observe the attack rolls. You'll see Durgan kicking in and occasionally converting hits to crits.

All good so far.

Now have Durance cast Dire Blessing (2nd level spell) on the protagonist. Observe in the spell's description that it says it grants a 20% hit to crit conversion.

Have the protagonist attack Durance.

Observe that only Dire Blessing will occasionally convert hits to crits for the duration of the spell. Durgan's conversion has seemingly become inactive.

As the spell wears off, observe Durgan resumes converting hits to crits.

For all I know, this might as well be intended behavior. However, this is not clear at present as Durgan typically stacks with everything and Dire Blessing would be an exception to the rule. Could you please check with designers and confirm?

EDIT: This is the same save game of my crit calculation bug thread. It should have the protagonist wield Hours of St. Rumbalt with Durgan enchantment. If that is not the case (I went by memory) let me know and I'll provide a different saved game.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

4 answers to this question

Hah!

You know what's ironic? Before I installed the IE Mod, I backed up my files so I'd be able to revert to a clean install any time. You'd think that would occur to me before I went bug-hunting ... but apparently it was too obvious for me to think about it :)

I will revert to a clean install and rerun this test, the crit damage test, and the crit-to-hit conversion test; will let you know how that goes.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

All right, I've just tested this without the IE Mod that two do indeed stack. Will let the mod's maintainers know :)