RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

I doubt anyone high enough up to comment is available. It is Christmas day.

High up people usually have to give up holidays for things like this at some places. One downside to having that role, heh

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Valve is really s*** at pr. Not a word of reaction from them.

I doubt anyone high enough up to comment is available. It is Christmas day.

By the same measure who rolls out a new caching routine- supposedly what went wrong since they have now made a statement- on Christmas Day? OK, so it isn't like xbox/playstation where kids get given one for christmas and it's the busiest day of the year for their internet infrastructure as everyone sets them up but it still seems a very odd time to be tinkering with such stuff even so. You've got both people working on 'improvements' on Christmas Day and rolling out changes, surely there would be better days for it let alone a quick way to roll back any stuff ups.

Amateur hour, and not just the PR aspects.

Edited by Zoraptor

no RPGs I care about or like came out

Oh right, Sunless Sea. Sorry for bringing this topic up *again*, but I'd slam my head against a wall if I didn't mention it. Stellar and nontraditional writing, almost completely alien setting to dip into and a game cheerfully defying many principles of modern game design, putting worldbuilding, storytelling and exploration ahead of such petty concerns as player convenience.

I actually tried Sunless Sea, but playing it appeared to crash my PC and make my operating system unbootable after like fifteen minutes. It appeared to have rewritten some registry values involving my Windows 7 "user" folder (C:\Users\User Folder) - specifically, it set the directory location back to the default (the previously mentioned location), whereas I had externalized it to another hard drive years prior and never run into any issues until immediately after trying to play Sunless Sea. I'm not sure if it would happen again, but I don't really have any interest in finding out, either.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Explanation of Steam's clusterf*** yesterday:

• Like 6
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

What about all the other educational video dudes like John Green or that "Smarter Every Day" guy? wait, does that mean you hate Bill Nye?!

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Technomancer has some new screenshots, looks like an improvement on Mars: War Logs: http://www.thetechnomancer-game.com/

I hope it turns out well.  I enjoyed Mars: War Logs and I thought Bound by Flame was an improvement, so hopefully Technomancer continues that trend.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oh. You beat me to it! :-(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Now that is a FF i want to play again. :o

I sometimes think about going back and finishing it (I got to the final boss accidentally my first playthrough and never finished because I was annoyed at missing all the optional stuff) but BS like time limits to get a character's ultimate weapon have kept me from doing so. At least I'd know to keep all the starter weapons around this time.

Truth be told, I think the only Final Fantasy I'd be willing to re-buy is the updated version of Final Fantasy Tactics, just because I'd love to have Agrias' job class available to everyone.

Edited by Vaeliorin

yes, and you're in denial

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

yes, and you're in denial

Yeah, 10 was good, but 9 was the last great one that still had the overworld map and such.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg