Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Blarghagh

Some interesting spoilers out, possibly old as this is the first time I checked

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

yoda kills dumbledore

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Spoiler: Luke blows up the Death Star and the gang gets medals.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I bet the black dude dies first.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I bet the black dude dies first.

Nah, he and Leia, or whatever the new heroine is called, falls in love is my bet. 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Actually, if this spoiler I read is true.... :lol:

From the reactions of the premiere it doesn't suck apparently. That's good. That would have been disappointing.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If spoilers are true, it seems like pretty much a remake.

I don't believe anything I read on the internet. I don't even believe a lot of things I WRITE on the internet. :lol:

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

There's only one way to prepare for TFA:

Thank you. I now have that music going round and round in my head....

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I am not a fan of the EU, or Legends as it's called now, while I liked the Timothy Zahn books the vast majority of the rest of it was well, let me put it this way: I had to stop reading the first book of the New Jedi Order series because I wanted to knife myself in the face reading it (but then the author was the guy who created Drzz't, so I wasn't expecting much anyway).  However, while I don't particularly care for it a lot of other people clearly did and still do, and so while they may be engaged in tactics that some may find distasteful I do not see why they couldn't let writers who want to write for Legends to still do so.  As long as they are clearly marked as Legends, I don't see the problem, I mean both DC and Marvel have alternate continuities to their main franchises too (including a Zombie one I was surprised to discover).

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I never like EU, it is a mess of things, and don't make any sense, there should not be any EU

I know KotOR 1 ad 2 also taking some EU things, but it is EU that destroy both later...i hate the EU canon Revan and canon Exile...and now both are Legend...

• Like 1

For the rest of us who always wanted our very own C-3P0 to give us the odds...Vegas odds for gross opening weekend.

CWWqPy0WcAA8nbn.png

Don't let the 250 to 1 odds fool you. Anything under $250 million --let alone under $100 million is dead money. Incredibly enough, the safe and conservative bet is over $401 million at 4 to 1! That's a decent enough hedge especially if you're going in for 30 to 1 at $376-$400.99 million.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle