What's on the idiot box?

Blarghagh

Nice to see that television of this quality is still being made.

Well, sad to say, they made the final season. Which I still have to catch up with...

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I haven't watched Justified yet (maybe someday) but I was disappointed to find out it was filmed in California and not Kentucky.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I haven't watched Justified yet (maybe someday) but I was disappointed to find out it was filmed in California and not Kentucky.

Yes you must watch Justified 

Its indubitably one of my top 5 series of all times, its brilliant for a number of reasons but one of the main  factors are the various characters and personalities and then each season its the new "baddies " you get introduced to. Each one is so unique and believable

And the writing is so clever  :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

am recollecting that the pilot were filmed in and around pittsburgh, pa.  dunno if that helps or hurts you.  

HA! Good Fun!

ps western pennsylvania is very much a part o' appalachia.  that means that during the summers you got frequent thunderstorms.  am suspecting that weather is a major contributing factor as to why so many shows is filmed in california.  got diverse ca geography, but for the most part, the rains stop in spring and don't come back til mid-fall.  am guessing that eastern kentucky weather during summer is not gonna make it easy to maintain a film schedule. 

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Weather is probably a bit part of it - might even be why Pennsylvania was dumped after the pilot. I'd imagine that Harlan being a smaller town (so less places to stay) and not necessarily as accessible as a location in California might also be a factor.  Most of Harlan County was made up of small mining camps and a lot of unoccupied mountain space for many, many years and last time I was there (some years back, admittedly) a lot of the roads were small and winded up and around the mountains with lots of curves and dips and raises.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Harlan has so far not been featured so heavily, Raylan's office is in Lexington, but the impression I gained so far when Raylan went out that way was fairly much as you described Amentep. Except for a few houses that seem to be set on a prairie, such as Ava's.

Raylan worked the coalface there when young apparently.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Okay, I am onboard with the timeline. From TrekCore:

At today’s CBS All Access panel for the Television Critics Association in Los Angeles, showrunner and executive producer Bryan Fuller finally made the first major reveals about next January’s new Star Trek series.

The lead character will be female Lt. Commander in Starfleet – and human – not the captain of a starship. The rank comes “with caveats,” Fuller detailed cryptically.

Fuller elaborated on the choice to not center the show about yet another captain:

"The story that is fascinating for me is, we’ve seen six series from captain’s points of view… to see different characters from different perspectives, we thought it would give us different contexts. A different dynamic and relationship to the crew. For [her] to truly understand something alien, she has to understand herself, [and her journey will] teach her how to get along with others in the galaxy. We haven’t cast her yet, so we don’t know what level of diversity she will be."

As for you timeline targeters, the show will be set approximately ten years before James T. Kirk takes command of the Enterprise, in the Prime timeline. 

Says Fuller, the show will launch from an event that has talked about in the Original Series, but never fully explored. He did specifically state that the Kobayashi Maru, the Battle of Axanar (plus the Earth-Romulan War, from the 2150’s) are not the events to which he was hinting.

"We’re much closer to Kirk’s universe [than that of Archer’s], so we get to play with all of that [TOS-era] iconography of those ships and those uniforms."

In terms of other casting, Fuller stayed mum on if the captain of the USS Discovery will be portrayed by a male or female actor, but did say to expect both “robots” and “a few more aliens than usual” in the lead characters – including some “reimagining of existing alien [species]” – and he confirmed the show will “absolutely” have a gay character. 

In addition, Fuller hinted that the character of Amanda Grayson – Spock’s mother – “maybe” will factor into DISCOVERY at some point; he also said that “it’s not impossible” that Section 31 may come into play. The producer would not elaborate further on either point.

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

The day I die, I don't want Amazing Grace performed by bagpipe, I want Supergirl Season 1 Episode 2 replayed in perpetuity. 

as an alternative, we suggest ac/dc's "highway to hell"... on bagpipes.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The day I die, I don't want Amazing Grace performed by bagpipe, I want Supergirl Season 1 Episode 2 replayed in perpetuity. 

I suggest you have no music on the day you die and wait for the funeral.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

as an alternative, we suggest ac/dc's "highway to hell"... on bagpipes.

HA! Good Fun!

13925071_10154205194106201_6917198035762

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Bojack Horseman season 3 is out.  This show has a crazy ability of going from absolute hilarity to absolute depression.  They really ramped up the animal element this season, tons of great puns.  The last couple episodes were rough, but I suppose that sets the stage for season 4 redemption.  Biggest trouble I had was ushering the kids out of the room while trying to explain that the talking horse show is not for kids.  

She didn't even wear the black pyjamas, utter fail.

• Like 1

Tea for the teapot!

I was gonna post a post about how I don't have AMC, so I have to wait for blu-ray releases of The Walking Dead, which released today, Season Six, and how interesting the black-and-white/color past/present juxtaposition is, but then I saw a picture of Lion-O Richie and got distracted. Say You, Say Me, Say HO! Say It Together!

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.