What's on the idiot box?

Blarghagh

Yeah the ratings were low so not a surprise - although I liked the show

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Snart, no! NO!

It is a time travel show, though.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

For the best, since they already announced Beckett wasn't coming back. What's the point of going on?

Is season 8 her last season?

Yeah, it was her last season no matter what

Lanie too I think

Thanks Shady.  :)     

And Galavant bites it I'm afraid....

“Season 2 Finale” was apparently Galavant‘s swan song: ABC has taken the “happy” out of the fairy-tale musical’s happy ending and cancelled it.

Although critics loved the two-year-old series’ self-referential humor and dazzlingly diverse soundtrack of witty-as-hell Alan Menken/Glenn Slater tunes, the ratings could have used an assist from a fairy godmother. Or at least a little shot of D’DEW. Not even guest appearances by celebs ranging from Ricky Gervais to John Stamos could turn the numbers around.

And, while the show represented a big, admirable gamble on the part of the Alphabet network — and its two-for-one episodes served as a bridge between half-seasons of Once Upon a Time — its grim fate was probably sealed when its champion, Paul Lee, stepped down as entertainment president this February. As early as March, leading man Joshua Sasse had already booked a new gig, starring in The CW’s No Tomorrow pilot.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

My PVR is thanking ABC. Muppets is gone too. Which is a shame, because the soft reboot really improved the show.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

This.. could be interesting.

Kevin Smith is making an Adventures of Buckaroo Banzaii Tv show

A series based on wonderfully weird 1984 cult science fiction classic The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension is likely coming to TV, courtesy of Kevin Smith, and we have The Flash to thank (or blame, depending on your point of view). Read on, Hong Kong Cavaliers.

The source of this unholy tidbit is Smith himself, who said on a recent installment of his podcast that his directorial stint on The Flash was such a slam dunk that it opened new doors all over Hollywood. One of those doors was at MGM, a studio that found great success turning Fargo into a TV series. There, Smith was invited to discuss the possibility doing the same with Buckaroo Banzai. His idea:

“Basically you just do the entire movie for season one, then season two you finally do the sequel we’ve all dreamed about, Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League.”

That sequel gets a shout-out in the Buckaroo Banzai credits, but was obviously never made, because the original is the very definition of a stand-alone, perfect movie.

Will a TV show—made by someone who has “loved the movie forever,” though that someone is Kevin Smith—do it justice? He notes that he’d want to reach out to the film’s writer, Earl Mac Rauch, for input; he’d also want to bring back as many actors (like Peter Weller and John Lithgow) as possible from the movie, not playing the same characters, but playing “the bad guys.”

Well, okay. That could actually be kind of cool. (Significantly less cool: Smith also says he’d want to cast himself in “the John Bigbooté role.”) And this is no fantasy project—it’s real. The wheels are in motion. An optimistic Smith says a deal was struck and in the next month, he’ll “take it out try to find a home for it... I’m excited as ****.”

For those who might have missed the original film, the old trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WWYkIeLpRM

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The movie came heavily recommended and I was woefully underwhelmed.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Oh, for those fans who are still waiting to find out if it will continue..   It's Official, Supergirl Season 2 will be on the CW

As has been rumored for a while, Supergirl will get a second season. But it will move from CBS to the CW.

As time ran out for CBS to renew Supergirl, the idea to cut costs and move the show to the CW became a serious option. Supergirl was an immensely expensive show for CBS, with a very high license fee. Costs are going to be cut for the second season, with Supergirl’s production moving from Los Angeles to Vancouver. And CBS won’t own any part of the show anymore—while every other show on the CW is jointly owned and produced by CBS and WB, every show based on DC characters is the sole property of WB. DC, you’ll remember, is owned by WB.

There are so many reasons the CW makes a better fit than CBS. WB owning DC, for one. Presumably you don’t have to charge yourself licensing fees. The CW being the home of The Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow another. And the fact that Supergirl’s viewership was significantly younger than CBS’ average.

So, with the show joining the other DC-CW shows in Vancouver and the CW, prepare for even more crossovers.

I wonder which channel this is going to show on up here in Canada.  It was on Global, but was obviously the CBS feed.  Might be moving to CTV (which is where shows like Agents of SHIELD, Flash, and Gotham are televised up here). 

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The new MacGuyver is as bad as the new GB. Pure and utter crap.

Supergirl > BOTH

P.S. Just saw the remake for Lethal Weapon as tv. Throw THAT one into the DOG PILE of crap. lMAO

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.