What's on the idiot box?

Blarghagh

Did a minor binge watch of all 7 episodes of Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell.

Pretty damn solid throughout, the story of two magicians in England during the Napoleonic War era, with some outstanding performances from the cast.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Watched a few performances by an angry American comedian named Doug Stanhope, quite amusing.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Did a minor binge watch of all 7 episodes of Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell.

Pretty damn solid throughout, the story of two magicians in England during the Napoleonic War era, with some outstanding performances from the cast.

Book's way better.

Not an indictment against the show by any means (Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell is probably the best fantasy book I've read in the last, say, decade), but the material is pretty much impossible to adapt in a manner that showcases why the book's so great.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Watched a few performances by an angry American comedian named Doug Stanhope, quite amusing.

I discovered Jimmy Carr, and my sides were cramped for like 3 days. If universities are too PC for Jerry Seinfeld...

• Like 3
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"Holy House of El, Supergirl is slaying me."

The blatant hardcore evil nazi sexism and racism screamed at me.I shoulda known that the Nazi SJWs were bound and deterimened to ruin a show I was looking forward to. :(

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Vin Diesel has a new tv deal

Is there anything Vin Diesel can’t will into existence? His 2009 return to the Fast and Furious fold helped turn that franchise into a monster. He’s got a xXx sequel on the way, and has already made two sequels to Pitch Black. Now, that latter world will expand into TV.

Diesel just signed a new deal with Universal TV. One of his first moves will be developing a TV show described as a “complement” to his Riddick films. Those consist of Pitch Black, The Chronicles of Riddick and Riddick, which follow a unusually brutal and talented killer alien fugitive who can see in the dark.

There’s no word if Diesel will reprise his character on the show. But odds are this will be Merc City, a show he talked about last month. It’ll follow “the Mercs and Bounty Hunters of the Riddick Universe.” In that same Instagram post, he also said that director David Twohy was writing a fourth Riddick movie, to be titled Furia.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Holy House of El, Supergirl is slaying me. 

"Holy House of El, Supergirl is slaying me."

The blatant hardcore evil nazi sexism and racism screamed at me.I shoulda known that the Nazi SJWs were bound and deterimened to ruin a show I was looking forward to. :(

But is it worth watching?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"But is it worth watching?"

Losing its appeal with every episode. Too bad too as I was looking forward to it. But the Brcues ruin what should have been a SLAM DUNK ENTERTAINMENT.   A Nazi SJW - Christopher Reeve - also ruined SM4 with his butthurt over the environment so he was too focusd on the stupid political message instead of, you know, ENTERTAINMENT.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Into the Badlands

Anyone else watching this? The first few episodes were "eh" but its grown on me.

is good as long as you don't take too serious... and the wire-fu, while limited, is utter unnecessary.  am also not certain why they felt the need to make fantastical pickaxes that weigh next to nothing.  sure, the show is campy and we got the weird nonsense where women actors gots reasonable footwear in 90% o' scenes but then sudden display ridiculous high heels for 10 seconds o' wiggle, but some o' the aesthetic choices is striking us as insulting to our intelligence rather than mere camp.

also, the super-powered chozen one is so annoying and stoopid that we want him to die in some comical horrible way.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I cant disagree with any of those critiques but its already worked its way onto my dvr. :lol:

But I understand the feeling. I accidently saw a few seconds of Childhoods End while it was recording, and there some stupid looking red devil thing on the screen, and I'm already demoralized to start watching it just from seeing that.

am actual enjoying badlands in spite o' our criticisms, is simple irksome that a few o' the obvious shortcomings (in our mind) is so darn... obvious.  wouldn't have taken much to improve.  and we understated how much we dislike the superpowered kid.  nevertheless, am enjoying. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I can't tell if Sunny is supposed to be a wooden charisma-less person, or if the actor sucks.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I can't tell if Sunny is supposed to be a wooden charisma-less person, or if the actor sucks.

yes

HA! Good Fun!

"But is it worth watching?"

Losing its appeal with every episode. Too bad too as I was looking forward to it. But the Brcues ruin what should have been a SLAM DUNK ENTERTAINMENT.   A Nazi SJW - Christopher Reeve - also ruined SM4 with his butthurt over the environment so he was too focusd on the stupid political message instead of, you know, ENTERTAINMENT.

Yes I agree with SJ influence to allow things to appeal to a  broader audience....Volo you now have Syrians in your county so there entertainment needs should  be considered?

Have you ever watched Islamic TV...we have it in South Africa and I get it on my cable selection. It must be the most boring and brain numbing channel I have ever been forced to watch...sorry to sound critical but its really bad. I remember the one show was just about this guy in a white room and all he did was pray and recite this song....thats it ...for 1 hour  

I assumed it cant be popular, I thought our SA Muslims can't seriously enjoy it ....but they do :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And I think we can all be impressed by Watson's moustache in this..:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nJbr3XpppA

Same day premiere in the US and UK, which I think is a first for Sherlock. 

I was going to watch college football January 1st, but, I have since been admonished how B0RING the sport is L0L. Period.

All Stop. On Screen.