What's on the idiot box?

Blarghagh

Doctor Who.

Surprisingly poignant and bittersweet.

Kind of annoying that they had the Doctor kill a guy with a gun just to establish that timelords can randomly become different races and sexes.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Doctor Who.

Surprisingly poignant and bittersweet.

Kind of annoying that they had the Doctor kill a guy with a gun just to establish that timelords can randomly become different races and sexes.

Obviously Capaldi's Doctor will regenerate into Colin Salmond, and Craig's Bond will regenerate into Idris Elba.

Absolutely typical Moffat episode, chock full of good ideas which were stitched together into a bit of an incoherent mess. His tendency to set things up and then handwave the conclusion is deeply annoying much as it was with the last series of Sherlock. Guess it shows how much the Doctor hated Adric, too, since he couldn't be bothered to go back and save him.

Is anyone watching the Limitless TV show? It's a buddy-cop show, but I found it to have an interesting spin on it, it's currently the only thing I'm watching that's not animated.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Is anyone watching the Limitless TV show? It's a buddy-cop show, but I found it to have an interesting spin on it, it's currently the only thing I'm watching that's not animated.

It's interesting how in some ways they've introduced a slightly comic element to it compared to the film. Of course the original book had a complete downer of an ending.

Actually, the trick that I quite like is how they have one shade for when he's not on the drug, but that slightly brighter, golden hue to things when he's on the drug.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ash VS Evil Dead. 

Its exactly what you might expect it to be, no more, no less.

ash_vs_ed_killers.jpg

• Like 3

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

It's interesting how in some ways they've introduced a slightly comic element to it compared to the film. Of course the original book had a complete downer of an ending.

Actually, the trick that I quite like is how they have one shade for when he's not on the drug, but that slightly brighter, golden hue to things when he's on the drug.

Yup, plus it's great that they continued the movie plot and didn't do a reboot in TV format.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I really don't understand how certain shows do so well on TV, while good shows get canceled. Are the bulk of people who watch shows 30-something women? It seems like if the show is something that a 30 to 40 year woman would like, it will stick. If it's got any sort of action and isn't basically a romantic/soap opera-like night time show, it gets canceled.

I mean, Madame Secretary? The Good Wife? All these hospital shows and Chicago Fire? Christ. There's no point even tuning in to new shows unless it's a soap opera chick flick.

Yup, most TV viewers are now women, housewives or the ones with lower income (pre-evening time) or the ones with higher income (late evening, early night time).

Men are less loyal audience and except for sport related shows they will spend way more time in front of a computer than a TV.

As for shows. I currently follow none. Not much time to be honest but would love some good sci-fi, down to earth adventures with some humor like the original Stargate SG1.

You should try Dark Matter then. For all the cheesy plot and B movie acting I did enjoy the entire first season. Defiance seemed a lot more ambitious but its got too much drama and too little sci-fi for my tastes - and I just didn't buy into the setting. I also tried watching Killjoys but it was a bit too... cheap... for my tastes. I hoped it was something like Cowboy Bebop, but the characters don't have much in the way of charisma so I didn't get past the second episode.

And then there's the upcoming "The Expanse", which looks promising.

What's the point of Arya's story anymore.

What's the point of any Martin's character story anymore.

Fixed that for you.

The Expanse looks cool, but so did the books it was based on. Just got tired of the insufferable self-righteous heroes and rather flat characters as it went on, bad-ass Indian lady who curses a lot or that scruffy Sergeant that always knows better than anyone else, etc.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You should try Dark Matter then. For all the cheesy plot and B movie acting I did enjoy the entire first season. Defiance seemed a lot more ambitious but its got too much drama and too little sci-fi for my tastes - and I just didn't buy into the setting. I also tried watching Killjoys but it was a bit too... cheap... for my tastes. I hoped it was something like Cowboy Bebop, but the characters don't have much in the way of charisma so I didn't get past the second episode.

And then there's the upcoming "The Expanse", which looks promising.

We started off liking Dark Matter more than Killjoys, but were way more into killjoys by the end of the season. Much better world building.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Expanse looks cool, but so did the books it was based on. Just got tired of the insufferable self-righteous heroes and rather flat characters as it went on, bad-ass Indian lady who curses a lot or that scruffy Sergeant that always knows better than anyone else, etc.

You read the books?

You read the books?

Yep. They weren't awful but I wasn't overly taken by it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Agents of SHIELD

Guess Ward was there for a reason after all.

Something about him got under my skin. Coulson totally crushed it this episode, though.

I see what you did there

Devastatorsig.jpg

Agents of SHIELD

Guess Ward was there for a reason after all.

Something about him got under my skin. Coulson totally crushed it this episode, though.

I see what you did there

I sure was happy to see Ward in the stinger. For a while I was afraid it came back with Fitz or Coulson. :sweat:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Giveaway Time ......

A friend gave me a brand new dvd/digital copy of Season 1 of The Last Ship.   Inside the case were TWO codes for redeeming a digital copy on Ultraviolet.  I've used one, the second one is up for grabs.    If you aren't familiar with UV or Flixster, check them out here:

https://www.myuv.com/

http://www.flixster.com/

Just to reiterate:  this is a digital copy only; it is not region specific and it does require a UV and Flixster account.

Here's the rules:

If you're interested, send me a pm

You will need to have an Ultraviolet account and probably a Flixster account as well. 

SPA accounts are not eligible for this.  Sorry.