What you did today

Blarghagh

Welcome back once again to another installment of the thread for narcissists - don't you even dare deny it, we all know why we come to this thread! It's all about you for the duration of however long it takes to read your post! :lol:

Last narcissists:

Reading Schopenhauer, ''Will and representation''. Heavy stuff, also archaic German (1820's) is sometimes a bit hard to read but I'm surprised I actually fully understand his rather complex thoughts and ideas, especially considering the fact I have not read Kant.

I might not be as dumb as I thought.

Had the most hectic day at work yet, started out awful with me having to unload a trailer full of sports goods, wich was supposed to be unloaded via forklift, but we had to do it by hand. Did get some help halfway through it though, because they had an acute lack of trailers to fill with outgoing goods. By that time I was unloading a EUR-pallet with mostly 20Kg weights, stacked nearly chest high. That was a metric ****tonne of "pita".

And then it went south after that.

• Like 1

I just assembled my new bench and barbell rack. Super stable stuff, used my lunch break to test it with some seated shoulder presses, works like a charm.  :w00t:

setup_zps2g1u7s57.jpg

Had the most hectic day at work yet, started out awful with me having to unload a trailer full of sports goods, wich was supposed to be unloaded via forklift, but we had to do it by hand. Did get some help halfway through it though, because they had an acute lack of trailers to fill with outgoing goods. By that time I was unloading a EUR-pallet with mostly 20Kg weights, stacked nearly chest high. That was a metric ****tonne of "pita".

And then it went south after that.

You sound like my mailman!  Look at the pic, 4 20's. You're welcome.  :biggrin:

You need to see the good in everything, sounds like one hell of a cardio workout, and you get paid for it too. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Beating the system. Sort of. Solved my banking problem by renting the cheapest place I could find through an agent, even if i'm never going to set foot on the premises. Got the tenancy agreement in the bank and all was good, got a new bank account. Now I just need a *real* address to call home (and a car). It sure was an expense I could have been without though, but whatever. Should make the revenue service happy too ;)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I made a thing that nobody knew how it works work. I still don't know how it works, but it works now and it's a thing that works as opposed to two days ago when it did not work. (it already kinda worked yesterday, but not really)

I've had to install Visual Studio 2010, .NET framework 3.5 and an obscure version of Silveright Tools into a Windows XP SP2 Virtual Machine for the thing to work using the powers of total guesswork.

I'm not sure how happy is my employer about me taking a week to do so, but guesswork takes a ton of effort. Impressive, innit? Yeah, I know, with this amount of information it's a quite difficult feat to appreciate by an outsider, but I feel like sharing :-P

Edited by Fenixp

I shall partake of a little pond gazing in the manner of Narcissus:

Are teachers now weaponising their pupils? There must have been some event for children occuring today in the city, and as I am strolling briskly to the rail station I come under assault by a wave of noisy toddlers herded straight towards me, I dodge one or two, say excuse me a number of times and then finally decide to reciprocate and walk forward obliviously. Then I come across a solid cordon of madly screaming children forming a solid line between me and the station doors, once again I ask them to excuse me repeatedly and this failing I attempt to wedge myself through a thin break in their lines, pushing them aside gently with my umbrella and briefcase, including one of the ignorant teachers staring off into space.

Now I am a large gentleman after a lifetime of playing as a scrum half and fairly exhaustive exercise, but I was as gentle as a mother bear, and yet as I walk past this cordon I am accused of being: "What a rude, angry man!" by the teacher I had to push aside, I simply shake my head and wonder what exactly I am supposed to do, levitate, teleport, send telepathic messages? One would think in teaching the children that it would be basic manners to leave aisles in their ranks for the dozens of frustrated passengers whom are trying to enter the station, especially at a busy hour such as lunchtime.

I'm glad I can raise my own children to be far more respectful, quiet and well mannered. Then again our local headmaster is an ex military gentleman who prioritises manners, respect and upbringing in equal measure to the curriculum, a staunch Christian with iron morals and little tolerance. I may be spoiled from such excellent childcare and teaching.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Holy crap!

I got one of those "this is windows tech support, if you check your computer you will find errors" calls today! I didn't know that scam was still running.

I didn't have the patience to deal with them too long though.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dang Woldan, youre going to collapse your upper floor into your lower floor. laughing.gif

Thats actually a serious problem I have to deal with, when I'm doing 230kg (500lbs) deadlifts and you add my 105kg (230lbs) body weight you get a not so insignificant amount of weight on a very small area.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I made a thing that nobody knew how it works work. I still don't know how it works, but it works now and it's a thing that works as opposed to two days ago when it did not work. (it already kinda worked yesterday, but not really)

I've had to install Visual Studio 2010, .NET framework 3.5 and an obscure version of Silveright Tools into a Windows XP SP2 Virtual Machine for the thing to work using the powers of total guesswork.

I'm not sure how happy is my employer about me taking a week to do so, but guesswork takes a ton of effort. Impressive, innit? Yeah, I know, with this amount of information it's a quite difficult feat to appreciate by an outsider, but I feel like sharing :-P

Ah, it's such a grand feeling being able to work out the right answer to something and/or get something to work while being oh so conscious of the fact that you have very little to perhaps no real idea at all what you're actually doing...and yet you're still able to get the job done anyways with just your intuition. Until you have to work with it again in the future and you're still just as clueless now as you were then. tongue.png

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

CEO holding a big meeting to detail the 'journey ahead' and other stuff.

Probably will be

Well, that or our jobs are outsourced to India.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

CEO holding a big meeting to detail the 'journey ahead' and other stuff.Probably will behttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0NNVm5ajMQWell, that or our jobs are outsourced to India.

Or he's just tired of watching quivering Head of Up Their Asses give him powerpoint presentations and wants to listen to his own voice for a while.

Happily only people more senior than I have to make slides for those presentations, btw. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I realized the other day that the prospect of a zombie apocalypse might be scary. But what is really terrifying is the idea that a spacehulk crushes near the city, discorging an Ork Waaagh! Zombies would probably be scared of a Waaagh! as well.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Welcome back once again to another installment of the thread for narcissists - don't you even dare deny it, we all know why we come to this thread! It's all about you for the duration of however long it takes to read your post! :lol:

Narcissism? Nah, I'd call it therapy. I come hear and read about everyone else's shenanigans (especially Nep's last one) and I realize that I have no problems! :lol:

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Much happier at my new location, Kinda fun to "steal" cars from my old job to fleet the new one. Also with a lot more variety makes the 11 hour days feel short

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ah, it's such a grand feeling being able to work out the right answer to something and/or get something to work while being oh so conscious of the fact that you have very little to perhaps no real idea at all what you're actually doing...and yet you're still able to get the job done anyways with just your intuition. Until you have to work with it again in the future and you're still just as clueless now as you were then. tongue.png

It was actually all skill.

... That's what I keep telling myself. I am absolutely looking forward to the moment when something explodes inside the application.

Couldn't you just find someone to briefly "live with" instead of renting a place by yourself?

That was my first thought too, could have done it for the 1/10th of the cost then :)

But that isn't good enough for the UK banks anymore. You need to drag the landlord to a solicitor then and have the solicitor to co-sign and rubber stamp the agreement as genuine and then it's still questionable if they would take it (more likely if you are a UK citizen). A signed piece of paper from an accredited real estate agent they have no issues with.

Edit: Just for good measure, it's not a legislation thing, it's something the members of some bankers association all agreed upon this year, so it wasn't much of a problem earlier. Now, even returning UK citizens can't open a bank account (hope they hung unto their old ones before leaving). Exemption are those working for the Crown, that is armed forces personnel etc. Also not a problem if you are wealthy enough, then they still want your money. Just deposit 25000 pounds and prove that you have an annual income of more than 150000 pounds. Then they send the business to the overseas branches and circumvent the local rules that they all agreed upon (yes, I checked all the major banks, they all have similar rules in that regard).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Trying to figure out how on earth you can get writer's block on trying to write out a CV profile...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Trying to figure out how on earth you can get writer's block on trying to write out a CV profile...

Maybe you don't know yourself as well as you thought? :p

Couldn't you just find someone to briefly "live with" instead of renting a place by yourself?

That was my first thought too, could have done it for the 1/10th of the cost then original.gif

But that isn't good enough for the UK banks anymore. You need to drag the landlord to a solicitor then and have the solicitor to co-sign and rubber stamp the agreement as genuine and then it's still questionable if they would take it (more likely if you are a UK citizen). A signed piece of paper from an accredited real estate agent they have no issues with.

Edit: Just for good measure, it's not a legislation thing, it's something the members of some bankers association all agreed upon this year, so it wasn't much of a problem earlier. Now, even returning UK citizens can't open a bank account (hope they hung unto their old ones before leaving). Exemption are those working for the Crown, that is armed forces personnel etc. Also not a problem if you are wealthy enough, then they still want your money. Just deposit 25000 pounds and prove that you have an annual income of more than 150000 pounds. Then they send the business to the overseas branches and circumvent the local rules that they all agreed upon (yes, I checked all the major banks, they all have similar rules in that regard).

That is messed up. There are seriously no exceptions or somesuch for people who are immigrating? What a system.

Well time to celebrate the burning of Papists, consume vast quantities of parkin and terrify the family pets with sub nuclear level fireworks. Happy 5th of November everybody.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I solved a lot of problems with my life and  made some progress on other ones and I question the value of life (although i'm drunk and I might just be breaking up). It seems to me that the value system that makes people believe in life  is a bit faraway from me. By which I mean that the things I need to accomplish said perspective are not within my scope right now and I don't see them near. 
Sorry that I'm being vague, I'm not used to being so honest about myself and I might just be looking for some comfort (I'm venting right now). But to be honest I'm just wondering what keeps everyone going. For me it seems that sometimes it just the fact that my mother has made it clear that she would kill herself if I wasn't around, so I just grip my problems and wait out things that I can't change.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif