Used to be Corrode because it's a kind of damage that isn't often resisted a lot, but things might have changed in the last few patches.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Corrode is a solid choice, as Andrea Columbo pointed out it is rarely resisted.

Lightning is good if someone on the team has Stormcaller and can de-buff your enemies.

For my Paladins I like fire enchants as it will stack with my Flames of Devotion and be increased by Scion of Flames which I'll be taking for Sacred Immolation.

• Like 1

let's get real for a sec tho

by far the most power-gamey of the enchants is burning frankly because it stacks with

1) fire-lash song of Kana
2) of all the enchant elements it is the most reliable one to deal consistent damage and not worry about enemy immunity
3) stacks with Paladin class (Pallegina) flames of devotion ability
4) looks cool

however you can use whichever you want, truly, it's not a thing that will weaken your "build" or whatever. the only reasons i picked that one is cos more class abilities enhance it, but it's a minor thing really.

also some unique weapons have a special "crushing" enchantment you can't normally put on your own weapons. this one is by far bettr than the regular elemental enchantments. 

also i don't recommend picking one of the elemental talents in level up JUST to enhance your sword's lash. if it's enhance a few spells and ALSO the sword, then yes, but JUST for 1 weapon then i think it is a big waste of a level up talent pick.

just saying cos i did that sort of thing when i started first playthrough thought you'd like a heads up.

let's get real for a sec tho

by far the most power-gamey of the enchants is burning frankly because it stacks with

1) fire-lash song of Kana

2) of all the enchant elements it is the most reliable one to deal consistent damage and not worry about enemy immunity

3) stacks with Paladin class (Pallegina) flames of devotion ability

4) looks cool

however you can use whichever you want, truly, it's not a thing that will weaken your "build" or whatever. the only reasons i picked that one is cos more class abilities enhance it, but it's a minor thing really.

also some unique weapons have a special "crushing" enchantment you can't normally put on your own weapons. this one is by far bettr than the regular elemental enchantments. 

also i don't recommend picking one of the elemental talents in level up JUST to enhance your sword's lash. if it's enhance a few spells and ALSO the sword, then yes, but JUST for 1 weapon then i think it is a big waste of a level up talent pick.

just saying cos i did that sort of thing when i started first playthrough thought you'd like a heads up.

Depends, whether you want to kill the kind of enemies faster, that already dies like flies, or if you want to hurt the stronger enemies, like dragopns.