Cancelhaut....the stupidest fight in the game?

I mean c'mon this fight is ridiculous. The mobs are all immune to most CC, my parties getting destroyed in 10 seconds at max level, don't even have time to try to get some defensive spells or potions up.

Any particular tactical advice cause this is just amazingly stupid right now....

• Like 1

I don't think I've cleared that fight without a little cheese. Normally, that mans I'm tapping into OP lore skill with Moonwells and Revive scrolls, but another good way is to just have the team back by the door and pull them into the doorway, limiting who the mobs can hit while setting them up for nice AoE.

The hardest part of the fight is definitely getting a good starting momentum, though using the doorway helps immensely. Overall, I actually found this easier than the Adra Dragon, its much easier to prepare against spells than a giant dragon. The Animated Wands should be your first priority to eliminate, since Bitter Mooring deals a ton of damage, and you definitely don't want that. Scrolls of Defense and Scrolls of Moonwell help immensely. If you have a Priest: Minor Avatar, Crowns for the Faithful, Devotions for the Faithful, and Prayer against Fear should go up ASAP. Spark the Souls of the Righteous is also a good spell to put up as it eats through the Death Guards quite nicely.

A Paladin is extremely useful in this fight too. Liberating Extortion can help with Crushing Doom, while Deprive the Unworthy is the best way to deal with Concelhaut's buffs.

Edited by Wolken3156

• 3 months later...

Bit of a thread necro but this fight is easier than white Forge final, white Forge siren bs in the mines, 2 higher dragons, magical weapons in cragholdt and maybe the vapor Springs in longewatch falls.

I assume no door pull cheese here and potd

Momentum: have A battle plan. Park your party in the lower right corner of the room. Send tank to talk with cancelhaut. Once fight starts have tank scroll of maelstrom mobs. Your other guys can summon figurines and swallow potions like deletrous motion. Next: throw a cc effect on the ground with wizard druid or priest (I had a wizard). Wall that hobbles everything is great from wizard. Have 3 of your guys engage and control mobs while 3 others deal with cancelhaut. Send a strong melee dpser right at cancelhaut after a potion or better yet pain link pain block Buff like a barb or a dw rogue you don't want him to do his mass aoes and bigby or hammer your mages back line. Buff that guy with your priest or cipher as appropriate as stated above. Have a ranged dpser with high accuracy also target cancelhaut like a rogue or Ranger. If you have a cipher cipher should have tactical melded with rogue and also target cancelhaut and use amplified wave on the mobs to support your tanks whenever focus is there. Heal / revive / use revive scrolls if somethings go wrong. Last time I did this on potd I was level 12, people did get buffed by food before but fight ended quickly. There are probably plenty of other strategies here and at level 14 don't your casters have uber spells?

Going on with the necro:
If you have 4 durable characters and 2 ranged attackers, you can barricade yourself in the upper left corner of the room before the fight begins. Then, at the very beggining of the fight, it's time to buff your party ASAP with priest spells(they were necessary for me as they give crazy defensive bonuses) and then focus your fire on the lich while healing your protective circle. That tacitc worked for me at lvl 12 despite the fact that Aloth met Crushing Doom after casting his second spell; ).

If you have a 6 man party the easy way is max summons... Give a figurine or 2 to every character, you can have up to 1 active summon for every character in your party... So ad the fight start summon 2 adra beetle, shadows, spider, all' you have. They will soak up DMG And deal some, ad the test of your party kill the boss And underlings.

I left my team outside his room... put down a few traps inside the door and out... send a fast dude in to draw him out.

A soon as they came near the door I use my summon statues and figures and pound him with range weapons while the summons keep his mob at bay... then drop pillars of fire, force walls, fire walls etc on the other side of the door where the bottle kneck is...

mutiple paralysis scrolls, greater malison, lightning storms, blizzards etc.

Once they get close enough that my fighters have to draw swords there were only few left and concealhaut. Then cast my summon spells.

Then something bad happened some kind of spell or effect and half my party died. There was only me - a wizard -, a fighter and paladin left. I got them to concentrate on his last help and then we all attacked him... wierd things was he didn't do anything after a while he just stood there after all his side was dead not casting any spells. I think it was such a long fight that he had used all his spells and couldn't hit my paladin or fighter... he really did just seem to stand there doing nothing.

It was tough and we all had to eat a few things before kicking everything off.

But this was right at the end of the game, after killing of the ardra dragon - my fighters had superb armour.

Killed him yesterday on PotD. Full party max lvl

paladin, monk, rogue, cipher, priest, druid

Took fight right infront of the door. Priest buffing non stop. Some heals here and there from both druid and priest. Except for that hammer stupid crap there was no actual damage to party. Long fight. Those deathknights are crazy fat.. If i knew what will wait me in this keep, i would come here before 14 and without this 'scale' difficulty, cuz it's just rediculus. Dragons dies faster than them

Killed him once on lvl 10 PotD with divide and conquer (and lots of reloads). But I always thought that the fight in the room with the animated wepons was way harder. Maybe it's because I like to apply a lot of CC and those wepons are immune to nearly everything. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Killed him once on lvl 10 PotD with divide and conquer (and lots of reloads). But I always thought that the fight in the room with the animated wepons was way harder. Maybe it's because I like to apply a lot of CC and those wepons are immune to nearly everything. ;)

Yea. That one was quite hard.

I am aswell like perma CC style. That's why i have druid and cipher in party. Most of fights becomes too easy when you nonstop stun and knockback everything. W/e is not dies by paladin and monk, rest just melts with rogue.

For me dude with weapons, Adra and Alpine dragons and ofc Thaos. First just bring too much chaos with all those adds.

I used to consider the lich to be the hardest fight in game, as it took me several reloads and required trying quite a few tactics(lvl 12, POTD). Now I see that I've skipped room with weapons, as I couldn't beat it. I'm also a CC lover, in most games. Do you have any suggestions on what to do with them?

Use Arcane Dampener or Deprive the Unworthy to remove the immunities. Found out too late that this works. :)

Also works on Concelhaut, Thaos and dragons. At least with 2.03. Don't know if this is still the case with 3.0.

Edited by Boeroer

If you have a priest in the party, his holy radice can half kill everything alone ( they count ad undead). I soled whit my priest that quite easily

Use Arcane Dampener or Deprive the Unworthy to remove the immunities. Found out too late that this works. :)

Also works on Concelhaut, Thaos and dragons. At least with 2.03. Don't know if this is still the case with 3.0.

Oh. Good to know!

I don't have mage in party. May be it's time to think about 1 just for this kind of battles.

But i belive i have 1 use of Arcane Dampener from some item.

And i didn't take Deprive the Unworthy on Paladin. Guess cuz it was created before all this immune crap and i didn't bother after to think about it :)

And Lich is a vessel, isn't it ?

Yes, but he's level 15 so you won't be able to one-shot him until TWM pt II drops.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I must be lucky or something because I beat him on my first try on PotD with no one going down using just my standard generic tactics and standing in the middle of the room. No consumables used.

Used gambeson on my priest to quickly cast Prayer Against Fear>Crowns For the Faithful>Devotions for the Faithful>Shining Beacon while Hiravias cast Relentless Storm > Plague of Insects > Venombloom, Aloth did nothing but chaincast slicken, and my ranger focused Concelhaut. Kana just chanted dragon trashed and grieving mother shot at things with an arquebus so that was two characters not even doing much.

Edit: Doesn't seem to have been luck, tried it again worked out fine second and third time as well even though party got hit by one of those push+prone attacks. The ranger does very good work on the Lich with gambeson alacrity (i have 2 gambesons thanks to the item duplicator from stronghold quest) which lets her shoot twin arrows with no recovery while wearing vambraces and cloak of frozen hunt (+10% ranged damage).

Edited by limaxophobiacq

Wait wait wait wait!  :aiee:

What's that duplicator item? Will I be able to get 2 Lead Spitters? Or 2 Shod-in-Faith? Two Flames of Fair Rhîan? Two Drawn in Spring? Two Little Saviors? Or even two Nightshroud?

I'm just imagining a dwarven barb with 20 base CON, Girdle of Eotun Constitution (+3), two Whispers of Yenwood (+4) and Greater Frenzy (+6) for a per-encounter CON of 33 points.  :dancing: Undying Spiritkilla No. 1. :)

Edited by Boeroer