Way to bypass unreachable stash

lowest0ne

Question

I am playing a game where I can not reach into my stash while adventuring.  However, I found a merchant in a non-city area.  I can sell the merchant things that are in my stash.  Not only that, but if I were to put an item from the stash up for sale and then recant on the offer, the item will go into my inventory.

Just a heads up, I'd imagine that this is not a bug reporting forum and that this buggy type thing has been reported before anyway, but there it is.

Btw, thanks for the game.  Here I was, about to replay Baulder's Gate...

10 answers to this question

I'm moving this to the bug reporting forum because you just never know what's been reported already. Well... you could do a search, but I'm still sending this to the support forum. Thanks for signing up as a member, lowest0ne. Stick around and have some fun!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

His problem is not that he cannot reach the stash; his problem is that the restriction can be bypassed through the store interface.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I think maybe it was that he wound up with the items in his inventory, where they then would be available to him in the wilderness adventuring.  There are several merchants in the wilderness, so that might be cause for tightening up the way selling/buying back works?  Not sure - but I'd have to be awfully hard up for something to sell it, then buy it back since you have to pay so much more for it that way!

I think maybe it was that he wound up with the items in his inventory, where they then would be available to him in the wilderness adventuring.  There are several merchants in the wilderness, so that might be cause for tightening up the way selling/buying back works?  Not sure - but I'd have to be awfully hard up for something to sell it, then buy it back since you have to pay so much more for it that way!

You don't have to sell it. You put it on offer as if you're going to sell it, then cancel the transaction. The item pops into your inventory instead of going into the stash.

Personally, I don't see this as a huge deal. I figure if you're playing with the option not to be able to access the stash in the wilderness, then you'll just toss that stuff back in your stash anyway. I realize this is a sort of "Then just don't do it" statement, but this to me seems like a pretty low priority as far as bug fixes goes.

But what exactly is being bypassed if the player is speaking with a merchant? The stash becomes available in towns, cities and villages, allowing one to move items about.

The merchant in question is supposedly not in any of those locations though, it's a traveling merchant.

Windows 10 x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB OC1 Windforce x3 | Integrated Audio | 8GB DDR3 RAM | ASUS P6T | Corsair AX760 PSU

I'm going to have to learn the BBC here...

Ink Blot said:

You don't have to sell it. You put it on offer as if you're going to sell it, then cancel the transaction. The item pops into your inventory instead of going into the stash.

Exactly.

Cantousent said:

Thanks for signing up as a member, lowest0ne. Stick around and have some fun!

:)