Respawnable enemies?

Well, in KOTOR 1, it gets pretty lonely in an area when you wiped out every mofo in that area and none come back. Maybe have some places where enemy rushes you non-stop? I know in the Leviathan, a Sith grenadier respawns at a slow, slow rate. In a big enemy base like the Leviathan, there should be floods of enemy rushing at you non-stop and you couldn't hope to win if you tried to fight them all because they keep coming. In other smaller areas, like the Sand People place on Tattooine, I agree that there should be a finite amount of Sand People just for the satisfaction of making their whole tribe extinct. But in a major enemy base like in a capital starship, the enemy should come non-stop.

So let me get this strait, what you are basically saying is that you want everywhere to be like the starforge with nonstop enemies coming no matter what or how many you kill. That would be a tad unrealistic if you where on a starship or something and you couldnt kill the entire crew due to the fact that people just keep coming after you kill them. Sounds fun. (sarcastic) :)

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Frankly, endless waves of enemies become tedious and monotonous, more of an annoyance than an obstacle. Exactly like the starforge as pixies mentioned. In other words, not much fun and fun is the point of the entire video game industry.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I've always hate respawning enemies if the only point to them is to add more and more streams of enemies. Indeed it has already been stated it is more of a hassle than anything else. Unless the situation deems respawning, but only if it fits the context of the story in that particular scene and if it is used appropriately and sparingly.

i think the enemies should be respawning but only when you transit out of the area, so when you would come back to that area it won't be deserted and desolated. but also it shouldn't be flooding with enemies like inside the star forge. iff you kill all the enemies in that area they will respawn when you get out of there(repeating my self i know :) )

In some cases respawning would be a good thing, if it was at a reasonable rate, but in other areas it would just become tedious, and make combat boring.

Tatooine could have benefitted from a limited respawning, to break up all that sand and...well...sand. I guess that was about it on Tatooine.

If enemies just respawned all of the the time the game would just get boring because you wouldn't be able to concentrate on the if story if you just have wave after wave of enemies coming at you, because you would be so preoccupied with killing them.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

So let me get this strait, what you are basically saying is that you want everywhere to be like the starforge with nonstop enemies coming no matter what or how many you kill.  That would be a tad unrealistic if you where on a starship or something and you couldnt kill the entire crew due to the fact that people just keep coming after you kill them.  Sounds fun. (sarcastic) :rolleyes:

I dunno, maybe getting some glasses or doing reading classes might help you. :unsure: In a capital starship like the Leviathan, there would be thousands of enemy. Remember Luke and Han fighting in the Death Star, there was no way they could wipe out everyone there and call that level "safe". Now in smaller places, like the Sand People tribe, there are only a few dozen of them so yeah you can make them extinct. But not in a capital starship kind of place.

Well what you are saying about the starships is true but at a point in time you would be able to kill all of the people on the ship. It may take a while but it is possible. Besides you run into another problem, if there is just a continuing wave of enemies then you could just sit there and keep killing people until you level up to the highest level.

see you later

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Respawning enemies can do something, as others have said, up to a point. Other than that it is indeed simply tedious knowing that to get to this particular area you have to go through the rigmarole of killing hordes of useless creatures over and over again. Pfft. I'd rather them spend the time on storyline or new and interesting creatures to fight.

I've never been a big fan of camping in order to gain XP anyway.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

I dunno, maybe getting some glasses or doing reading classes might help you.  ;)  In a capital starship like the Leviathan, there would be thousands of enemy. Remember Luke and Han fighting in the Death Star, there was no way they could wipe out everyone there and call that level "safe". Now in smaller places, like the Sand People tribe, there are only a few dozen of them so yeah you can make them extinct. But not in a capital starship kind of place.

Negative.

Logistically speaking, a large capital vessel like a star destroyer would have its complement of troops; but the majority of its crew aren't trained to fight.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

I personally don't like the responable enemy idea but thats just me...

I think respawnable enemies are good to a very limited degree. Only certain places, and only upto a certain number of spawns. I personally thought the wave of enemies on the Star Forge was sufficient for it locale in the game. I would not have wanted to see that elsewhere in the game, though. There was some respawning critters on Kashyyk, if you recall. After you left Wookieville (or whatever the name of that place was) the first time, there were new critters to do away with along the path you had just cleared. That was adequate, although I never understood how the Wookies and outsiders roaming around didn't come in contact with them before me.

I wouldn't mind some free EXP especially given how easy the combat of the first game was. I'd rather them make combat more difficult first and then think about implementing something like respawning enemies, which are only good for EXP camping generally.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

Respawning enemies can do something, as others have said, up to a point.  Other than that it is indeed simply tedious knowing that to get to this particular area you have to go through the rigmarole of killing hordes of useless creatures over and over again.  Pfft.  I'd rather them spend the time on storyline or new and interesting creatures to fight.

I've never been a big fan of camping in order to gain XP anyway.

This all remind me of sometin Called (Baal Run).

I cant say this comes from ;)

Well, in KOTOR 1, it gets pretty lonely in an area when you wiped out every mofo in that area and none come back. Maybe have some places where enemy rushes you non-stop? I know in the Leviathan, a Sith grenadier respawns at a slow, slow rate. In a big enemy base like the Leviathan, there should be floods of enemy rushing at you non-stop and you couldn't hope to win if you tried to fight them all because they keep coming. In other smaller areas, like the Sand People place on Tattooine, I agree that there should be a finite amount of Sand People just for the satisfaction of making their whole tribe extinct. But in a major enemy base like in a capital starship, the enemy should come non-stop.

I would hate having respawnable enemies just for the sake of having someone to fight.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)