Update error [2.03]

Messier-31

Question

5 answers to this question

Since the only solution to me was downloading and installing yet another software (Galaxy, yay) therefore I should not mark this thread as solved. Well... it is not what I wanted, but good thing the game runs as it should though.

PS. How do I disable achievments in this thing?

PS II. Right, I don't. Yay again.

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Hello Messier,

I'm sure you probably installed both patches, so I would suggest running the patch again, it seems the patcher didn't install the Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle\spirit_bane.unity3d

GOG would like users to start using Galaxy to make updating the game a lot easier, this is optional of course.

Thank you for your support. 

Running it again makes the same exact error.

The reason I install both patches is because of this: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/82896-update-102-the-small-harvest-the-white-march-part-ii-and-update-203/?p=1744295

Do I really *need* the Galaxy? I am not a fan of installing additional software that is not compulsory - also I don't like achievments.

Also, could I get this file from someone in order to apply the patch? Would it work?

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Running it again makes the same exact error.

Do I really *need* the Galaxy?

Downloading and using Galaxy is always optional but it does make updating the game a lot easier, and if you are having an issue with the game, the repair/verify option is really useful. But you do not *need* it. Its just something GOG would like their users to start using. 

I would suggest contacting GOG support about the issue since we won't be able to do anything on our end. 

I can't install the basic patch either - white march patch installed fine - basic patch says  I have the wrong version for this patch and to download a new installer - what exactly does that mean (download a new installer)??

Edit: After about 12 hours to download the new installer - game is finally patched ......... now I get to decide whether to restart with a new team or continue with an old save and hope for the best...

Edited by wanderon

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...