Starting with other characters still brings my rogue out of stealth

I thought this what was specifically supposed to be implemented..

They just couldn't get it to work?

So (excluding shadowing beyond) a rogue still has to land the first blow of any fight to backstab from stealth?

Why don't they just add invisibility potions so we can actually use this goddamn feature.

Please tell me it's viable at 10 stealth.

*missed "a fight" out of the title.

Edited by Spam101
  • Like 1

When combat start enemy awareness seems to jump up which often means that if your rogue (or any other character you want to keep in stealth) is close to enemies and don't have high sneak (compared to enemy level), enemies will spot them nearly instantaneously after combat begins. 

I tested it by putting them way out of sight range of any enemy.

I am playing the beta patch.

Are you supposed to be able to re-stealth mid combat if you're out of sight range? a bit cheap as a tactic and not something I'd really want to use anyway but I'm just curious.

I tested it by putting them way out of sight range of any enemy.

A fun fact, I don't know if you've noticed - if one enemy sees you, all enemies see you. What I mean:

1. You are stealthed and out of the view of an enemy who is in your sight range.

2. Another enemy who is on patrol route comes near you and sees you.

3. Result: the enemy you were stealthed from now also sees you.

Are you supposed to be able to re-stealth mid combat if you're out of sight range? a bit cheap as a tactic and not something I'd really want to use anyway but I'm just curious.

No, except with Shadowing Beyond. The other bonus for the Rogue is from Sneak Attack, which applies if the enemy is under the respective afflictions. Once combat starts, going to stealth, exiting the area, opening containers, accessing your inventory, all become unavailable.

Inb4, if you think this makes playing a rogue "easier" in a boring way, I agree.

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

• 1 month later...

Hey (you serendipitous group of gamers)

Individual Stealth is in the game as of the 2.0 patch (If I remember correctly). The best way to use Backstab (In my opinion); is to sneak your Rogue off to the side, while starting the combat with a long ranged attack from a different character (my favorite being a Wizard stacking Rolling Flame with Crackling Bolt). Your Rogue should remain in Stealth and can move around the mess of the frontline fighters and hit the ranged/casters in the back with Backstab for at least 2 attacks. If you buff your Dex and use two weapons you can get upwards of 4 attacks in with Backstab. Once the enemies notice the Rogue Shadowing Beyond or cast Withdraw/Beetle Shell on him/her. 

I got your backs

-Sking

• Like 3

I got your backs

-Sking

with your rogue.

That doesn't bode quite too well for our backs.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus