Fallout 4 is coming soon.. is there a new OB Fallout Scheduled?

dava4444

Minutemen - We be good folks who help other folks, so they in turn help folks around them.

Railroad - We are super-secret types railing against bigotry and synth-slavery.

Brotherhood of Steel - We are jerky tech power-mongers with righteousness on our side.

Institute - We are brainiac science types who know best.

I think that covers the basics?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

so, this let's player is traveling with a BoS paladin. they come across a synth fighting a BoS vertibird. the player can't get involved because he is allied with both factions. the vertibird finally goes down. the paladin companion fails to acknowledge that. the player approaches the wreckage and begins looting the bodies. "Good work. Don't leave anything behind", says the paladin. 

I don't know if I should laugh or cry...

I had a similar "WTF" moment last night.  I fast traveled to the Railroad HQ, but had Paladin Danse as a companion.  As we arrived, all the members of the Railroad were gathered together and were talking about this new threat, the Brotherhood of Steel, and what they needed to do about it.  Talking about it.  With Danse standing literally right next to them.

It was so immersion breaking.  None of them responded to Danse's presence, Danse made zero comment about what they were talking about, etc.

At least in New Vegas, you had to be careful what you wore or who you had with you in certain company.  Don't bring Boone anywhere near the Legion.  Don't wear Legion armor around town.  In FO4, it's like everything is happening outside of the bubble that you and your companion are surrounded by.

• Like 4

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Speaking of Danse, the flirt option for dialogue just came out of nowhere.  We're traveling together, the next thing he's talking about how he hasn't had a friend like me in forever, and I have the option to flirt with him.

Apparently Bethesda is taking a page out of BioWare's book where every character is bisexual and wants to romance you.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Minutemen - We be good folks who help other folks, so they in turn help folks around them.

Railroad - We are super-secret types railing against bigotry and synth-slavery.

Brotherhood of Steel - We are jerky tech power-mongers with righteousness on our side.

Institute - We are brainiac science types who know best.

I think that covers the basics?

I've gleaned that much.  I wish I could better articulate the feeling but it seems I'm not getting all the details I need before I nail my colours to a mast.  I'm just kind of drifting around doing quests for whoever while I figure out what's going on, which isn't so bad but it feels like I'm helping everyone far too much  :blink:

Speaking of Danse, the flirt option for dialogue just came out of nowhere.  We're traveling together, the next thing he's talking about how he hasn't had a friend like me in forever, and I have the option to flirt with him.

Apparently Bethesda is taking a page out of BioWare's book where every character is bisexual and wants to romance you.

Yeah I was taken aback by that, they should have made the wedding ring into an item that disables flirting.

New patch disables all mods.

This annoying stuff I didn't expect from them, it was the same with Witcher 3.

It's the launcher clearing the mod list, open your mod manager and enable everything while the launcher is open and then start the game.

I mean, does it mean I have to actually flirt with Danse to get his side quest?  I got Cait's, but only after reaching max flirtation with her.

At this point I wouldn't put it past them...but I don't think so.  I just wish they'd let us totally disable the whole shoddily written mess that is romance  :getlost:

Edited by WDeranged

Didn't expect from them? That's pretty much the standard with patches, they have a tendency to screw with savegames too. Nothing new there.

I'm sure most of the publishers would rather have the entire install base to be on the latest version and that's that. What about what I want though. Why doesn't steam have a version rollback function with all the useless fluff features they have accumulated over the years. 

Also, why are there no patch notes, don't people do that anymore. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I mean, does it mean I have to actually flirt with Danse to get his side quest?  I got Cait's, but only after reaching max flirtation with her.

At this point I wouldn't put it past them...but I don't think so.  I just wish they'd let us totally disable the whole shoddily written mess that is romance  :getlost:

You sure he has one ?

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Had a PE teacher back in secondary school called Mr Dans. Has the same sort of build, square jaw, and massive chin (bigger, actually) of this Danse character that it's a bit disconcerting. Mind you my memory would be playing at least a few tricks on me since this was all of 15-20 years ago.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

You sure he has one ?

Not sure if he does.  Obviously I haven't gotten one yet if he does since I refuse to flirt with him.  I'm not THAT easy.  ;)

• Like 2

Had a PE teacher back in secondary school called Mr Dans. Has the same sort of build, square jaw, and massive chin (bigger, actually) of this Danse character that it's a bit disconcerting. Mind you my memory would be playing at least a few tricks on me since this was all of 15-20 years ago.

His name reminds me of Forrest Gump's Lieutenant, Lieutenant Dan.  So now I pronounce Paladin Danse's name in Forrest's voice every time.

• Like 1

I've just had a thought, I think I can express what's bugging me.  *here be spoilers* I'm the General of The Minutemen, I've been announced as the next leader of The Institute, I've single handedly conquered half the Commonwealth for the BoS and half built Liberty Prime yet at no point has anyone said that maybe I shouldn't be doing all these things.

I'm just floating around triggering plot events without repercussions.  If anything I feel like an agent of chaos, backing all sides and priming them for an (apparently) inevitable war  :lol:

You sure he has one ?

Good point, he might not.

One more short ramble before I go to bed.  It relates to Piper's synth obsession and contains spoilers so I'll tag it.

When I was poking around the Institute I found a terminal entry that proved the mayor was a synth agent, so I eagerly ran back to Piper to tell her all about...nothing, apparently.  Later on I get an actual quest from the Institute to contact the synth and collect a report, so I take Piper with me and she stands there mute while the mayor spills his robot guts.  No dialogue options, no nothing.  What a let down :getlost:

After turning shadow detail & distance to medium I have silk smooth 60 fps everywhere.

God that engine sucks.

Yeah, shadows are a huge hog.  You can probably get away with higher than medium though, I set mine to 7000 in the .ini file, medium is 3000 and high is 14000.

Edited by WDeranged
  • Like 1

I'd love to see a Bethseda game in Frostbite.

But I don't think it would work well for the open-world game they insist on making. I.e. being able to interact with practically every single object.

Problem with Frostbite is it isn't mod friendly and would kill off the replay value of their games. It has better graphics and the emotional expressions of the 3D characters appears almost real.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I believe it is. At low levels I usually find that pipe garbage.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester