Fallout 4 is coming soon.. is there a new OB Fallout Scheduled?

dava4444

Yeah I have Curie wielding a minigun, a rifle and a .44.  Was fun when we tackled a glowing deathclaw.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"They also don't seem to use better weapons when I give it to them.  I gave Cait a modified combat shotgun, but she keeps using some double barrel thing she has as a default weapon.  And then there's Strong.  He just charges at enemies with some kind of club, but never even gets close enough to do damage with it.  They just knock him out before he reaches them with their guns."

You need to press a button to equip stuff on them.

I've noticed this, even if you get them to equip a new weapon half the time they'll swap it back for their generic weapon that they come with.

Even if you do load them down with ammo for the weapon you hand over.

Of course, then there are companions like Deacon who will constantly be picking up any weapons from people you kill as you go along. He'll use the newly looted weapon that you didn't bother to pickup but apparently he did for a short while, then it disappears.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Sanctuary Hills is turning into my own little brothel.  I keep recruiting people and then sending them there to wander around when they're not accompanying me.

Kind of funny I've got a super mutant running around muttering about wanting to eat something and no one seems to bat an eyelash at it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

How do the enemies feel in this game?

I've seen some numbers and they seem quite strange to me. For example, reportedly Deathclaws - when leveled as high as possible - have 1390 HP and do 173 damage a hit. Meanwhile, if the player at least has pimped armor or any form of Power armor, the damage of the deathclaw should be reduced by 60-70% (somewhere in that area).

In New Vegas for comparison, the strongest Deathclaws got was 500 HP and 300 damage, if I remember correctly, and without drugs you could only hope to reduce their damage by about 50. 50 damage, not 50%. So they'd hit you for 250 still.

I've also seen people state you can get sneak attack damage up to x9 (x8 was the max for a sneak attack headshot crit before), silenced weapons boost damage by 50%, and Better Criticals is up from 1.5x additional crit damage to 3.5x.

If those numbers are true, I can't wrap my head around this. EVERY stat went up except for enemy damage. I've heard lots of raiders use explosives and I imagine those hurt, but it seems so odd leaving Deathclaws behind. Am I missing something? The numbers incorrect or...?

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Toughest enemy seems Legendary glowing deathclaw.

Also I think Deathclaw attacks completely ignore armour. As do poison attacks from radscorpion/mirelurks.

Legendary Mythic deathclaws I think are most powerful and toughest version that you can run into (your character needs to be level 85 or higher). Although there is no enemy that can win player character when you use psychojet as it gives you good damage bonus and lows time so you can cause massive damage without needing to worry that enemies hit you.

Sanctuary Hills is turning into my own little brothel.  I keep recruiting people and then sending them there to wander around when they're not accompanying me.

Kind of funny I've got a super mutant running around muttering about wanting to eat something and no one seems to bat an eyelash at it.

I've got a similar madhouse in Sanctuary, a bunch of crazy schizoids all muttering to themselves.

"They also don't seem to use better weapons when I give it to them.  I gave Cait a modified combat shotgun, but she keeps using some double barrel thing she has as a default weapon.  And then there's Strong.  He just charges at enemies with some kind of club, but never even gets close enough to do damage with it.  They just knock him out before he reaches them with their guns."

You need to press a button to equip stuff on them.

That doesn't work for long.

Every.

Single.

Time.

I equip my companion with a better weapon, and the next thing I know we're in combat and they're fighting with their old default weapon.  Frankly, I don't know if they swap out at some point during combat or if they switch right after I close their inventory box.  In either case, it's annoying as hell.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

How do the enemies feel in this game?

I've seen some numbers and they seem quite strange to me. For example, reportedly Deathclaws - when leveled as high as possible - have 1390 HP and do 173 damage a hit. Meanwhile, if the player at least has pimped armor or any form of Power armor, the damage of the deathclaw should be reduced by 60-70% (somewhere in that area).

In New Vegas for comparison, the strongest Deathclaws got was 500 HP and 300 damage, if I remember correctly, and without drugs you could only hope to reduce their damage by about 50. 50 damage, not 50%. So they'd hit you for 250 still.

I've also seen people state you can get sneak attack damage up to x9 (x8 was the max for a sneak attack headshot crit before), silenced weapons boost damage by 50%, and Better Criticals is up from 1.5x additional crit damage to 3.5x.

If those numbers are true, I can't wrap my head around this. EVERY stat went up except for enemy damage. I've heard lots of raiders use explosives and I imagine those hurt, but it seems so odd leaving Deathclaws behind. Am I missing something? The numbers incorrect or...?

My current stealth sniper character does 5.9x sneak damage, but I have not invested in the "better criticals" perk yet. I think I am level 47 now.

This repetitive "save this community from attack" thing is getting annoying.  It's also jarring from a story point of view because of the accompanying dialogue with Preston.

I've saved Sanctuary Hills 3 times now from attack.  That's dumb enough on its own.  But the accompanying dialogue from Preston makes it seem like it's some far away settlement.  HE LIVES IN THE FREAKING PLACE THAT'S BEING ATTACKED!

Me: "I saved the settlement you mentioned."

Preston: "That's great.  Every new settlement we can recruit will just make us stronger."

IT'S NOT A NEW SETTLEMENT, PRESTON!  It's your friggin' settlement, and apparently all those gun emplacements I put up, not to mention you and all my other companions, can't fend off an attack without me present.

• Like 2

Settlements inability to defend themselves without you being there is quite idiotic decision. At least it gives me comedy effect when I go to settlement that is under attack and its defenses destroy all the attacker before I can is even take my gun out after fast travel and then settlers come and tell me how grateful they are because they can't even think what could have happened if I wasn't there to defend them.

• Like 1

So what happens if you just ignore attacks on the settlements anyway? I still haven't even built one yet because it doesn't seem like my thing from both a gameplay perspective and a roleplaying one.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

So what happens if you just ignore attacks on the settlements anyway? I still haven't even built one yet because it doesn't seem like my thing from both a gameplay perspective and a roleplaying one.

I saw a "mission failed" notice pop up at one point because I didn't get around to doing one of those "settlement under attack" missions in a specific set of time.  But when I visited that settlement, I didn't notice anything different.  Still had the same number of people living there, still had the stuff I built for them, etc.

On that note, guess which settlement needed me to save them again tonight?  Sanctuary Hills.  Ugh.  Preston's opening line of "I just got word that a new settlement needs our help" just pisses me off at this point.  It's our settlement, Preston.  How about you stop wandering around between the various houses I built, and stop sitting on the various chairs and couches I built, and actually help out at one of the guard towers?

After some 100+ hours I am finishing it. To me F4 is a shallow game with no soul at all. I would give it no more than six out of ten. And I am not buying any DLC or anything else that comes from Bethesda, sorry. I love RPGs and I have been playing on PC since the ms-dos days. Sure, I enjoyed the older Elder Scrolls titles (even Oblivion and Skyrim) but this casualized consolized poor pc port is overrated and overhyped in my humble opinion. I feel cheated by Bethesda.

I have encountered a good measure of bugs too. The main plot/story doesn't even make sense a lot of the time. The worst thing is that you don't really care about anything in this game. Everything seems forced on you, down your throat. There is no action -> consequence here. You travel the wasteland with your hand held tight all the time, probably by an iron hand. The only satisfying thing is to wander off alone and explore just for the sake of it. Yes, the companions are also annoying as hell.

The graphics sure look dated, but they are not an issue for me. Sound and music is okay too.

The things I dislike the most is the UI/interface/inventory management that are easily the worst controls ever made on a PC.

Shame on you Bethesda. Yes, you learnt how to milk the Fallout franchise but in doing so you ruined it.

Edited by eLPuSHeR
  • Like 1

This repetitive "save this community from attack" thing is getting annoying.  It's also jarring from a story point of view because of the accompanying dialogue with Preston.

I've saved Sanctuary Hills 3 times now from attack.  That's dumb enough on its own.  But the accompanying dialogue from Preston makes it seem like it's some far away settlement.  HE LIVES IN THE FREAKING PLACE THAT'S BEING ATTACKED!

Me: "I saved the settlement you mentioned."

Preston: "That's great.  Every new settlement we can recruit will just make us stronger."

IT'S NOT A NEW SETTLEMENT, PRESTON!  It's your friggin' settlement, and apparently all those gun emplacements I put up, not to mention you and all my other companions, can't fend off an attack without me present.

Yes. I have lost count about how many times someone was kidnapped on Abernathy farm or the same raiders attacked Finch farm IN A ROW!!! :banghead:

Too much grinding here.

Edited by eLPuSHeR

After some 100+ hours I am finishing it. To me F4 is a shallow game with no soul at all. I would give it no more than six out of ten. And I am not buying any DLC or anything else that comes from Bethesda, sorry. I love RPGs and I have been playing on PC since the ms-dos days. Sure, I enjoyed the older Elder Scrolls titles (even Oblivion and Skyrim) but this casualized consolized poor pc port is overrated and overhyped in my humble opinion. I feel cheated by Bethesda.

I have encountered a good measure of bugs too. The main plot/story doesn't even make sense a lot of the time. The worst thing is that you don't really care about anything in this game. Everything seems forced on you, down your throat. There is no action -> consequence here. You travel the wasteland with your hand held tight all the time, probably by an iron hand. The only satisfying thing is to wander off alone and explore just for the sake of it. Yes, the companions are also annoying as hell.

The graphics sure look dated, but they are not an issue for me. Sound and music is okay too.

The things I dislike the most is the UI/interface/inventory management that are easily the worst controls ever made on a PC.

Shame on you Bethesda. Yes, you learnt how to milk the Fallout franchise but in doing so you ruined it.

Dunno... I don't want to be the one, but... yet you played it over 100 hours, so all in all it really can't be that bad. You could feel cheated by Bethesda if you bought it for 60€ and then stopped playing after 5 or so hours. But over 100? Even if the game is shait, feeling cheated at this point seems unreasonable unless someone had you play the game at gunpoint or something.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yes, you are right. F4 is not a bad game per se, but a mediocre/lackluster one. The main dissapointment comes from the fact that Bethesda had several years at its disposal to make a great game, but they didn't make a wonderful game, not even a great one. Too much experimentation I think. There is no account for taste as they say.

I saw a "mission failed" notice pop up at one point because I didn't get around to doing one of those "settlement under attack" missions in a specific set of time.  But when I visited that settlement, I didn't notice anything different.  Still had the same number of people living there, still had the stuff I built for them, etc.

On that note, guess which settlement needed me to save them again tonight?  Sanctuary Hills.  Ugh.  Preston's opening line of "I just got word that a new settlement needs our help" just pisses me off at this point.  It's our settlement, Preston.  How about you stop wandering around between the various houses I built, and stop sitting on the various chairs and couches I built, and actually help out at one of the guard towers?

If you don't help settlements then random things will broke in settlement and settlement happiness will drop.

The one that bugs me is getting the "this settlement is being attacked" message, you go to that settlement and half the time nothing seems to actually be attacking it. Or maybe 5 synths are. They get killed. You wander around for 5 minutes and nothing else happens. You fast travel away, and then promptly get a "you failed to defend settlement" message.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The one that bugs me is getting the "this settlement is being attacked" message, you go to that settlement and half the time nothing seems to actually be attacking it. Or maybe 5 synths are. They get killed. You wander around for 5 minutes and nothing else happens. You fast travel away, and then promptly get a "you failed to defend settlement" message.

Synth infiltrator missions seem to be bugged for many people.