Fallout 4 is coming soon.. is there a new OB Fallout Scheduled?

dava4444

Does anyone know if you lose "friendship points" with your companions if you leave them behind to take another companion with you?

I've currently got the reporter, but I'd like to try some of the others I've come across.  I just don't want to suddenly have her lose all interest (thus closing off any potential avenues of dialogue/interaction) if I do.

I don't think so.

To be fair, if you want to use the console you can check on the companions affection level. you use that "prid <companion id>"  then the "getav CA_Affinity" and it'll show you the hard cold number of their affection for you. :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm on the PS4.  And in any case, I don't really want to metagame to that extent.  I just would rather avoid losing all the gains I've got with Piper just so I can bring along different companions now and then.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I killed Maxson for his jacket.

Hmm, this is a good idea...I started the Brotherhood path but then I remembered that they're a bit single-minded...does it allow layered armor?  ;)

No, but you can add ballistic weave.

In the end, though, a generic outfit like Minutemen clothes with ballistic weave is still better since you can combine it with armour pieces. Courser outfit has the same problem.

Vault suit can't be upgraded with ballistic either, which is dumb.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

All you can do is get.. what.. Shielded Vault Suit if you have high enough armorer / science combo I believe. And that's still only about 1/3rd or 1/4th as good as Ballistick weave modded clothing (well, if you're talking the top of the line ballistic weave).

Piper has fallen in love with me, and all I had to do was press the Y (flirt) option a bunch of times after lockpicking a bunch of random items.

Apparently she's into charming kleptomaniacs.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Piper has fallen in love with me, and all I had to do was press the Y (flirt) option a bunch of times after lockpicking a bunch of random items.

She don't like when you steal she only has hots to see you to use those bobby pins with such great skill. :)

She don't like when you steal she only has hots to see you to use those bobby pins with such great skill. :)

She's got a weird moral code.

RtJZfFc.gif

lTuDKtl.gif

VPN9eod.gif

UDKr0zz.gif

Yzh5FJt.gif

• Like 9

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

How to get approval from Curie though

Offer to help people, help people and later say it was the right thing to help people.

Well mostly I just helped people.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Oh, there's that Polymer/Plastics place.. name begins with a C but I can't think of it off-hand. If you complete the science experiment there Curie loves it and it's a big affection boost.

Ah I haven't found that yet and maxed Curie out pretty quickly just being helpful around the Wasteland.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I saw the part about Lorenzo Cabot today. the whole quest line about the ancient artifact... man, I think someone at Bethesda wanted to sneak in a few quests from Skyrim, and this is one of them. so out of place... the Fallout universe is getting stupider with each new Bethesda release

There is also one Lovecraftian reference too. I did like the Cabot family quest though.

RtJZfFc.gif

lTuDKtl.gif

VPN9eod.gif

UDKr0zz.gif

Yzh5FJt.gif

That's just wrong -- and yet that's exactly where my mind went.

The companions do absolutely jack all in combat.  At best, they're bullet sponges so the enemy focuses on them and allows me to take free shots while they're distracted.  But in terms of actually helping me out, they'll maybe hit one or two of the enemies for a bit of damage, but otherwise I have to do all the work.

They also don't seem to use better weapons when I give it to them.  I gave Cait a modified combat shotgun, but she keeps using some double barrel thing she has as a default weapon.  And then there's Strong.  He just charges at enemies with some kind of club, but never even gets close enough to do damage with it.  They just knock him out before he reaches them with their guns.

Aside from the above mentioned bullet sponges, they're basically pack mules for me.

"They also don't seem to use better weapons when I give it to them.  I gave Cait a modified combat shotgun, but she keeps using some double barrel thing she has as a default weapon.  And then there's Strong.  He just charges at enemies with some kind of club, but never even gets close enough to do damage with it.  They just knock him out before he reaches them with their guns."

You need to press a button to equip stuff on them.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.