Fallout 4 is coming soon.. is there a new OB Fallout Scheduled?

dava4444

One thing that does strike me is that.. hm, you can end up joining the Railroad , and if you do it's most likely after you've been the leader of the Minutemen. You'd think there'd be some way to combine/ally the two groups together. Or at least having the Railroad using your influence to use Minutemen settlements for aid and wotnot...

I mean, Deacon pretty much does that "Wow, this is the leader of the Minutemen, we want him working with us" at the start.. and then nothing further gets mentioned. (well, at least not yet that I've noticed).

Ah well. I guess it's all standard Bethesda writing and ne'er the "factions" shall meet.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

If you are going to do the minutemen you need the local leader perk which doesn't do anything other than let you chain together workshops. Without it you won't be able to build anything in all those settlements you liberated. If you sink a lot of points into that perk you will get a respectable income out of your established settlements but it's not really worth it. 

Building could have been fun if not for all those artificial restrictions.

My proposal would be the following :

You set up base for the ability to rest and craft. There is no fast travel except to diamond city and to your current base. (maybe faction HQ as well) So your base(s) move with you as you travel further south. Your base may actually be attacked with you in it, so there will be a point to all the defenses you built. 

Caravans will stop if you have stayed in one place a long time. Quests can have a starting point there etc. There is no restriction on what you can build, only if you can use it effectively. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Longknife, I thought you weren't going to bother with Fallout 4?  Why are you reading over all this plot stuff?

I'll answer that if you answer me this: why do you care?

61065006.jpg

Probably because this thread has people playing the game and discussing both the good and the bad, and then this thread has people who are not playing the game but seem obsessed with nitpicking all the bad stuff.  It's a weird mix and a bit hard to navigate. 

The very mentality that suggests people need to play a game to provide any decent criticisms or opinions of it is the very same mentality that results in a culture of "buy now, regret later" purchases.

I do not need to buy the game and play it myself to make judgement calls about many aspects of the game. My above spoiler has multiple people confirming that I've indeed drawn the correct conclusions about it, all without playing the game myself. Aside from that, months ago I made predictions about how cutting skills out is not as simple as skills being axed, but rather skills and perks would merge and become one another in a way resulting in a loss of perk quality, all while suggesting we may see perk ranks similar to that of Skyrim, and lo and behold the game is here and it has the exact same "u do the same as before but wif 20% moarererer damage hurrrdurrr" perks that Skyrim had.

I suggested that damage resistance as a system is rather difficult to balance for when on a scale as large as Bethesda allows for, namely 80-85% being the cap. The result is that the game must either balance around those with sub-par gear and be too easy for those with excellent gear, or it must balance around those with excellent gear while being near impossible for those that aren't maxed out. Sure enough, this is a game where people both report that it's insanely easy and insanely hard, and I would definitely argue you would quickly notice a pattern in who thinks the game is easy and hard if you simply asked everyone how frequently they use power armor.

And like any idiot could do, I predicted the dialog system would more or less be an atrotious downgrade where NPCs saw a drastic cut in the amount of topics they were capable of discussing, or best case scenario, navigation of conversation topics would become tedious as it'd need you to constantly thumb through a "show more" option when the old menu could display more. The latter didn't happen, and instead dialog is neutered.

With the amount of Let's Plays on the web, this is not a day and age where you need to purchase a game to make an accurate judgement of if you'd enjoy a game or not. Only some aspects, such as the nonstop excessive looting that goes on in FO4 that's abysmally boring to watch but might be fun and engaging to experience, cannot really be judged from afar. You do not hear me trying to judge that, you hear me judging the quality of the story, something I have absolutely full access to.

The fact of the matter is I am not a person who sees much use in endlessly praising something. I enjoy Dark Souls, I enjoy Binding of Isaac Rebirth, I enjoy Team Fortress 2, but you would never find me writing up praise of these games unless explicitly asked for. If something is good? Then good, it needn't be discussed as everyone is happy.

I voice criticism. Criticism is how you can pinpoint problem areas of a title and suggest ways it can improve in the future. Just as you will not see court cases where a court examines if citizen #65 spent his day being a good productive individual but you will see cases examining if citizen #73 commited theft, I only focus on what can improve, not on what's already doing fine. It's what I do, and it's my right. I do not absolve myself of this right by wisely bowing out of purchasing a game before I've bothered to check if it warrants a purchase.

And quite frankly, if you are suggesting that I should bow out of the thread because my big scurry "nitpick" posts are somehow disrupting your experience while browsing this thread, I would kindly tell you to get the **** over yourself. If you're "merely curious" as to why I write my complaints, there's your answer as to why I follow FO4: because I'm merely curious if my expectations for the game were right or wrong.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

You probably could have stopped there, as that is when I stopped reading.

I finished the game and his criticism was completely justified, so i fail to see your point.

I have criticised the game as well. That isn't really the point.

I finished the game and his criticism was completely justified, so i fail to see your point.

Then what is? You seem to have quite a bit of interest in me following anything related to FO4.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Then what is? You seem to have quite a bit of interest in me following anything related to FO4.

I am sorry if i came across as having quite a bit of interest.  Does it seem odd to me that you are obsessing over a game you are not going to buy?  Absolutely.  Is it annoying that you keep spamming a thread where I typically would enjoy discussing the game with other players?  Sure.  But hey, feel free to keep doing it.  Qistana did the same thing over Dragon Age: Inquisition, so I guess you are the Qistana of Fallout.  Congrats.  

• Like 1

I am sorry if i came across as having quite a bit of interest.  Does it seem odd to me that you are obsessing over a game you are not going to buy?  Absolutely.  Is it annoying that you keep spamming a thread where I typically would enjoy discussing the game with other players?  Sure.  But hey, feel free to keep doing it.  Qistana did the same thing over Dragon Age: Inquisition, so I guess you are the Qistana of Fallout.  Congrats.  

Unfair comparison. Bethesda only banned him once, BSN banned her three times. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Longknife, I thought you weren't going to bother with Fallout 4? Why are you reading over all this plot stuff?

I'll answer that if you answer me this: why do you care?

61065006.jpg

Probably because this thread has people playing the game and discussing both the good and the bad, and then this thread has people who are not playing the game but seem obsessed with nitpicking all the bad stuff. It's a weird mix and a bit hard to navigate.

Yes, those people are supposed to stick to the Bioware game threads on this forum, some people have missed the memo! ;)

Edit: teaches me to read the whole thread before replying. Maybe.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I don't get it, are people not allowed to talk about the game if they haven't played it? What would change if he plays it? Seems like you just don't like that he's critisizing it. 

I don't get it, are people not allowed to talk about the game if they haven't played it? What would change if he plays it? Seems like you just don't like that he's critisizing it. 

He has been posting long essays on why he dislikes the game since it was announced.  I don't like that.  Do you really want to encourage that kind of thing?

I have no idea what his critiques even are, at this point.  It's just white noise.

• Like 1

He has been posting long essays on why he dislikes the game since it was announced.  I don't like that.  Do you really want to encourage that kind of thing?

I have no idea what his critiques even are, at this point.  It's just white noise.

Encourage what? People expressing their opinions? I still don't understand the issue.

I have to say, I really like the music in this game. not the 50s stuff on the radio, but the music in the background, that plays during combat etc. it's *really* good. I'd love to own FO4's soundtrack.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

All right, people seem to be a bit confused about 'derailment' and what that means it seems, so I'm gonna clarify.

Any further discussions that veer from Fallout 4 will be deleted and the poster will be given a warning, this is the last public one. Repeated violations will result in moderated review.

Examples:

Discussing HOW you discuss is not talking about Fallout 4

Discussing other people and what you think of them, is not talking about Fallout 4.

You are free to PM each other for the above examples or any questions to me.

Fortune favors the bald.

Fallout 4 is gold, a little tarnish on the gold, but gold all of the same. I have 75 hours vested into it.

Beth not being the greatest story tellers, that's where some of the tarnish is.

Spoiler of the story:

I'm at the part of the story where Shaun tells you and his council he has cancer. After the meeting I approach him to see if you can talk to him about it, like any concerned parent would. Nope nothing to say on the matter. Don't know if its a bug or Bethy didn't write anything about it. I just have to get on doing my next quest basically.

Their crafting/settlements is good but there are many flaws to it. Either they need to address them or leave it to modders to make it a better system.

As usual we got the lame boarded up buildings in the game. Really? And speaking of such, wouldn't it be better to have settlements take over these perfectly preserved buildings instead of making some junk town settlement or take control of a back alley? Developer logic fail.

Companions. Yeah no surprise on that one. I don't put much in Bethy writing when it comes to companions, romances.

Now on the plus, I spent close to half my playing time building settlements. As flawed as it may be, its still fun. No one has had the guts to attack Sanctuary Hills though. :(

Graphics are beautiful, its nice to see color in the world unlike the greens of Fallout 3. 

• Like 1

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

And speaking of such, wouldn't it be better to have settlements take over these perfectly preserved buildings instead of making some junk town settlement or take control of a back alley? Developer logic fail.

Isn't it over 100 years since the Great War? Modern as it may be, I would not want to spend more than a day in a building which stood that long with no maintenance.

Spoiler of the story:

I'm at the part of the story where Shaun tells you and his council he has cancer. After the meeting I approach him to see if you can talk to him about it, like any concerned parent would. Nope nothing to say on the matter. Don't know if its a bug or Bethy didn't write anything about it. I just have to get on doing my next quest basically.

It's Bethesda quality writing. Youcan never ask further about anything. The only thing you are allowed to do is saying "yes, I will accept this quest".

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Companions. Yeah no surprise on that one. I don't put much in Bethy writing when it comes to companions, romances.

Companions are great, much better than New Vegas.

On the surface yeah - they are initially a lot more interesting.. but after about 5 minutes you realize there's not really gonna be anything new to them and they add very little to the gameplay, they are like static NPCs that just follow you around.. Much like Skyrim.

Fallout 4 companions with NV companion quests would've been awesome.

Fortune favors the bald.

Spoiler of the story:

It's Bethesda quality writing. Youcan never ask further about anything. The only thing you are allowed to do is saying "yes, I will accept this quest".

Yeah, you get used to playing games with Obsidian and Bioware quality of writing, you expect it from others. 

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester