Improved combat in KOTOR 2

Well, range weapons shouldn't be fired if there is an enemy 1 foot away from you striking you with a melee weapon. It is impractical to be fired, let alone get decent aim when the enemy so close to you because they can keep striking your weapon to the side before you can fire at them, and then strike you. I suggest having more weapon modifications like bayonets so you can use range weapons as melee weapons (though they won't be as effective as a weapon designed solely for melee, like a lightsaber or even a sword). If you don't have bayonets, you'll have to bludgeon the enemy with your rifle butt (if you're holding a two handed rifle) or pistol whip him (if you're holding one or two pistols) if they come close, as it should be impossible to shoot. It sure beats going pause each time an enemy comes close and equipping everyone with different weapons each time, it gets pretty tiresome.

You can also lift up your foot and do a kick, to push your opponent back a few feet so you can fire at him. Maybe as you level up, the kick becomes a swift karate jump backflip kick or something, just throwing ideas around.

Thoughts?

Something like bayonets might be a good idea for two-handed weapons like rifles, but you should be able to shoot in melee with one-handed weapons (pistols). Both variants should have penalties for melee, though, and that may be fixed with some additional feats you could take.

Hmm, seems like that would work, especially for those characters that prefer Dexterity instead of Strength.

Although something makes me think that at this point in development it may be a wee bit late to add/optimize those features to the game... Though who knows...

Just wondering on a side note, can a lightsaber deflect a rocket? They won't be much good against suicide bomber driods too if there are any lol. Or a frag grenade. At least with a ranged weapon you can have a chance to take down people before they do their attack against you. Wonders how Jedi's would be used in Iraq.

Well, range weapons shouldn't be fired if there is an enemy 1 foot away from you striking you with a melee weapon. It is impractical to be fired, let alone get decent aim when the enemy so close to you because they can keep striking your weapon to the side before you can fire at them, and then strike you. I suggest having more weapon modifications like bayonets so you can use range weapons as melee weapons (though they won't be as effective as a weapon designed solely for melee, like a lightsaber or even a sword). If you don't have bayonets, you'll have to bludgeon the enemy with your rifle butt (if you're holding a two handed rifle) or pistol whip him (if you're holding one or two pistols) if they come close, as it should be impossible to shoot. It sure beats going pause each time an enemy comes close and equipping everyone with different weapons each time, it gets pretty tiresome.

I like this idea, and i think they should make the ranged weapons more accruate. a 5 year old can shoot better than anyone in KotOR, they miss almost every shot.

Blame the D20 rule sets.

Personally, I think it look silly to have stationary targets that you miss at point-blank-range with a hero character. However, the rules are supposed to be accomodating the notion that the target is moving and actively defending itself. The game engine just doesn't accomodate that.

Blame the D20 rule sets.

Personally, I think it look silly to have stationary targets that you miss at point-blank-range with a hero character.  However, the rules are supposed to be accomodating the notion that the target is moving and actively defending itself.  The game engine just doesn't accomodate that.

Well, it tries to make the character look as if they're dodging and ducking...sometimes. I just hope the defense animations have been improved along with the attack animations in KOTOR. Hey, maybe you should have cooler defense stuff with faster reactions as you level up, kinda like the attack animations.

I can't remember what game it was I was playing, but when a character was using a range weapon, and someone got too close to them to use it, they'd actually whack the snot out of their opponent with said weapon in order to push them back to effective range. I liked that a lot.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

You can also lift up your foot and do a kick, to push your opponent back a few feet so you can fire at him. Maybe as you level up, the kick becomes a swift karate jump backflip kick or something, just throwing ideas around.

Thoughts?

That bayonet tihing is not a bad idea but i think ut has alredy been said that workbench would be Upgraded.

For the melee Gun Problem i think that there were script in the game to avoid a player attaking at melee whit a ranged weapon