Weapon Focus does not work, and Shields decrease Accuarcy to much?

Hello there,

my protagonist is using a shield and a one handed weapon (primarily swords) for combat, so choosing the Knight Weapon Focus seemed like a logical choice. It is suppose to give me +6 Accuarcy whenever I use a Sword, but whether I equip a Sword or a Flail doesnt seem to make a difference when looking at my stats, it always stays the same. Also, without my Shield I have 54 Accuarcy, but when I equip my Shield it gets reduced to 38, even though my Shield only gives a -4 Penality. Am I doing something wrong?

Guest Matt Sheets

There is an accuracy bonus for wielding a one handed weapon and nothing else in your off-hand.

Equipping the shield is causing you to lose that bonus.

• Like 2

Ah, I see. That explains the huge decrease with a Shield. But what about the Weapon Focus? Should I not have a higher accuracy with a sword than with a flail or a mace, since the Knight Focus only boosts the accuracy when I use Swords, Morning Stars or Crossbows? I dont see any difference when equipping a greatsword or a morning star either. Or is the +6 Accuracy simply not shown?

Edited by Aradin Lightweaver

What game version are you running?

WF definitely works - and shows - for me.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Single Weapon Style works fine with a shield other than with a Bash shield or if you are using a fist. It has always been that way. A weapon in one hand and a shield or nothing both satisfy the requirement of using only a single weapon.

Uh. If that's true then that sounds like it might be a bug? Or maybe not? Better ask one of the developers.

There is an accuracy bonus for wielding a one handed weapon and nothing else in your off-hand.

Equipping the shield is causing you to lose that bonus.

Aha!
Edited by Infinitron

Ah, I see. That explains the huge decrease with a Shield. But what about the Weapon Focus? Should I not have a higher accuracy with a sword than with a flail or a mace, since the Knight Focus only boosts the accuracy when I use Swords, Morning Stars or Crossbows? I dont see any difference when equipping a greatsword or a morning star either. Or is the +6 Accuracy simply not shown?

Hello Aradin,

There was a bug in 2.01 where the accuracy was not updating correctly in the character sheet, but it works correctly in the combat log. We are currently in 2.02 now and 2.03 is now in beta. Updating to 2.02 will fix this issue.

Thank you for your support. 

• Like 3

Also you are comparing a "fine" mace and an unenchanted sword.  Fine gives + 4 accuracy.  Still I would expect a 2 point difference between those two items.  So maybe accuracy not updating correctly in previous versions could be the issue.  But once you update, keep an eye out for that.