3.00 patch teased by Josh on SA

If the eyeless dudes killed the proprietor of that skeleton, I don't think full-frontal assault will be an option for us.

(Then again it is said in TWM pt. I they could walk against thick walls of solid stone and tear them down with their passage with relative ease, so I fully expect them to be, like, super tough if you decide to brute-force them.)

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Thoughts on the skeleton?

The seemingly mundane, down to earth setting of Eora, reveals more and more of its fantastical side as the devs get bolder.

I have high hopes for PoE2.

No, way. They wouldn't fit the screen if alive ;) You could just fight with their feet.

Edited by Cyseal

If the eyeless dudes killed the proprietor of that skeleton, I don't think full-frontal assault will be an option for us.

(Then again it is said in TWM pt. I they could walk against thick walls of solid stone and tear them down with their passage with relative ease, so I fully expect them to be, like, super tough if you decide to brute-force them.)

Maybe we will need another godhammer...

EDIT: @Cyseal: I've never said we would fight a living giant/titan/whatever died there. Just that we would see more "larger than life" things in the future.

Edited by DreamWayfarer

EDIT: @Cyseal: I've never said we would fight a living giant/titan/whatever died there. Just that we would see more "larger than life" things in the future.

I know. I tried to put a witty answer. I would like to see titans in PoE2. But non-human ones. Otherworld titans.

Edited by Cyseal

Could be Abydon's former body, or some other forgotten/failed god.

I thought the gods of Eora were

either fully ethereal constructs or soul-machines

Maybe they can

split some of their souls

and manifest an avatar, which isn't generally a good idea so (almost) nobody does it.

Edited by tinysalamander

Pillars of Bugothas

I guess it's one the

giants referred to in White March part 1

I don't think so.

Those are eyeless and their heads have a weird shape; that skeleton's skull appears to have a typical human-like shape with the customary two eye sockets. Besides, a creature whose skeleton was that big would be too tall to fit inside a building and we know the giants from TWM pt. I were inside Durgan's Battery.

EDIT: Before I forget—

Sking mentioned here that the max enchantment level on weapons is getting raised in TWM pt. II.

My 15-frame-recovery variant of the Lady of Pain is about to get a flat +25% damage from a lash, and I'm about to have an evilgasm.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 3

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Sking mentioned here that the max enchantment level on weapons is getting raised in TWM pt. II.

My 15-frame-recovery variant of the Lady of Pain is about to get a flat +25% damage from a lash, and I'm about to have an evilgasm.

Plot-twist:

The costs for enchantments also increase and the increase of capacity was just introduced to enable low level entchantments that would need fractions in the current system. :shifty:

In all seriousness though:

The most likely reason it's going to be rised is to have better qualities above superb and higher stat increases of +3 that cost more.

In that sense, you can have an evilgasm now as well since you can echange the superb bonus for exceptional and a lash ;)

Edited by Doppelschwert

I like the design of stronghold with sleeping giant on it. That is one step forward from map being patchwork of many elements to map which is one big element which makes sense as a whole.

Conspiracy theory: Maybe sleeping giant is related to Endless Path statue?

In all seriousness though:

The most likely reason it's going to be rised is to have better qualities above superb and higher stat increases of +3 that cost more.

In that sense, you can have an evilgasm now as well since you can echange the superb bonus for exceptional and a lash ;)

I could not, as the weapon I rely upon to achieve a 15-frame recovery time is already Superb from the get go (and I would lose 15% damage going from Superb to Exceptional anyway.) However, if the enchantment limit is increased, I can stack a lash on the weapon regardless of the reason for the increase; or, if a new quality enchantment is introduced beyond Superb, I could go for that one and gain damage and Accuracy (though a lash might still be the better option for my build's DPS, as it doesn't particularly need extra Accuracy.)

PrimeJunta—Not the first U-turn they make, if memory serves. The initial intention was to overcome the shortcomings of the AD&D system, which was a noble goal, but sometimes they applied multiple fixes to the same problem and it didn't quite turn out the way they wanted. Then people complained and changes got made—what matters to me is that said changes be good, and so far I like the changes that have been made.

Yeah overall Pillars has come a long way. I'm not so sure about the hard counters though -- as it is, dealing with stuff like Dominate or Terrify is an interesting mini-challenge that you can't resolve with a single brute-force fix. (I'm pretty proud at figuring out that a ranger's Faithful Companion buffed by a Goldpact Knight's Liberating Exhortation makes a great Dominate-magnet f.ex.)

Making the Prayers hard counters and letting anyone use them as scrolls will replace that with a one-size-fits-all solution. It simplifies the gameplay in a not-good way IMO.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Yeah, sticking stubbornly to some concepts won't really help the game in a long run, so it might as well get dropped. I know I'm setting myself up to "But engagements!", but I genuinely believe those to be an extremely beneficial addition to gameplay. Random chance that your protective buff quite simply won't work always seemed like a questionable design decision to me tho, since it adds little to gameplay, yet can add pointlessly to frustration. Feels more like a relic of old-school RPG design than actually beneficial mechanic.

Making the Prayers hard counters and letting anyone use them as scrolls will replace that with a one-size-fits-all solution. It simplifies the gameplay in a not-good way IMO.

Isn't prayer against treachery a fairly high level spell tho? I'm pretty sure you'll meet a lot of enemies with the effect before you even get the prayer itself and I imagine the scrolls won't exactly be too common, so it's not like your tactic suddenly won't be viable. Edited by Fenixp

Do we know whether Payer spells will also suppress the effect if already present? (I hope they won't.)

Personally I was good with them granting a +50 defense bonus, but I really wanted them to be all available as scrolls (and especially so Prayer Against Treachery.)

• Like 1

My solution would've been to put the Afflictions on a ladder, and have grazes downgrade it in addition to reducing the duration. 

Dominate > Charm > Confuse > Daze for example. 

Conversely, a Crit could upgrade the Affliction, so that e.g. a crit by a dank spore would Charm instead of Confuse. Then add buffs that specifically push these afflictions down the ladder. So if you had the buff that downgraded mental afflictions by two steps and were facing fampyrs, you'd know that they would Confuse on a hit, Daze on a graze, and Charm on a crit, whereas without it they would Dominate on a hit or crit and Charm on a graze.

That way buffing your Will or specific defence against Dominate wouldn't be a hard counter (=100% immunity), but would greatly mitigate it. The current system is too on-off and a half-duration Graze is usually just about as nasty as a Hit.

• Like 8

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com