3.00 patch teased by Josh on SA

At least now you've got to do some work to disable them—and the whole "immunity to ground-based attacks" thing actually makes sense :)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

For 3.0, flying enemies are no longer immune to Prone, but they're all immune to Ground-based attacks (e.g. Slicken) unless something else actually knocks them Prone or Unconscious (at which point they temporarily lose their Ground immunity).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706905&userid=17931&perpage=40&pagenumber=10

Do we know what else is considered "Ground-based"?  Traps?  Seals?  Spells like Tanglefoot and Vile Thorns?

For 3.0, flying enemies are no longer immune to Prone, but they're all immune to Ground-based attacks (e.g. Slicken) unless something else actually knocks them Prone or Unconscious (at which point they temporarily lose their Ground immunity).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706905&userid=17931&perpage=40&pagenumber=10

Do we know what else is considered "Ground-based"?  Traps?  Seals?  Spells like Tanglefoot and Vile Thorns?

In the link you quoted you can find the following exchange:

josh posted:

drgnvale posted:

That sounds like it could be pretty neat. Are there any less obvious ground attacks?

I tried to link them to all of the abilities that seem obvious: Slicken, Tanglefoot, Binding Web, Wicked Briars, the various priest Seals. There are a few others that could arguably be in that group (e.g. Rooting Pain).

• Like 1

In the link you quoted you can find the following exchange:

josh posted:

drgnvale posted:

That sounds like it could be pretty neat. Are there any less obvious ground attacks?

I tried to link them to all of the abilities that seem obvious: Slicken, Tanglefoot, Binding Web, Wicked Briars, the various priest Seals. There are a few others that could arguably be in that group (e.g. Rooting Pain).

Thanks.  SA can't always be counted on to be work-safe.

• Like 1

What i would love to see in 3.00 is the ability to more easily use abilities.For example when I want a fighter to attempt a knockdown I have to click on the character,then on the knockdown icon and finally click on the actual enemy avatar I want to attempt to knockdown.Is it possible to make it so that whoever the character is attacking is the recipient of the knockdown so that I could just choose my fighter and then click knockdown and they execute another knockdown? This can work well with the other abilities also.

One other thing that I feel would make for a more enjoyable experience in PoE is to have the selection circle of the character you select to become white instead of just a brightness change which is hard to see at times.

What i would love to see in 3.00 is the ability to more easily use abilities.For example when I want a fighter to attempt a knockdown I have to click on the character,then on the knockdown icon and finally click on the actual enemy avatar I want to attempt to knockdown.Is it possible to make it so that whoever the character is attacking is the recipient of the knockdown so that I could just choose my fighter and then click knockdown and they execute another knockdown? This can work well with the other abilities also.

One other thing that I feel would make for a more enjoyable experience in PoE is to have the selection circle of the character you select to become white instead of just a brightness change which is hard to see at times.

Well you can always do number macro's where you attach your knockdown to say a number 3 then click your fighter, press 3, then just already be in position to click the enemy in question.

Well you can always do number macro's where you attach your knockdown to say a number 3 then click your fighter, press 3, then just already be in position to click the enemy in question.

Dude, that is sooooo.... 1990's gaming :disguise:

The 1990s were a glorious decade, FTW.

• Like 2

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Same SA link as above:

The stronghold additions are mostly focused on new or revised content. Visitors have dilemmas you can resolve in the great hall. Adventures now actually have names, descriptions, and resolutions with unique items for each one (and there are about 35 of them IIRC). Finally, there's a new quest line directly connected to the stronghold.

I think heading into the White March around the middle of act 2/Defiance Bay is fine.

When you buy hirelings, they should all be showing up at various places in the exterior and great hall. I think they all have barks.

• Like 3

I guess it has to do with my style of play,where I click thru the character portraits on bottom left of screen and then click on who they wanna target.I think it would feel more fluid if I could just click on each character portrait from left to right and quickly give new orders while only having to click on the enemy icons to change who is attacking who.

Same SA link as above:

The stronghold additions are mostly focused on new or revised content. Visitors have dilemmas you can resolve in the great hall. Adventures now actually have names, descriptions, and resolutions with unique items for each one (and there are about 35 of them IIRC). Finally, there's a new quest line directly connected to the stronghold.

I think heading into the White March around the middle of act 2/Defiance Bay is fine.

When you buy hirelings, they should all be showing up at various places in the exterior and great hall. I think they all have barks.

Me very like!

Usual link.

Prayer against ________ spells now grant full immunity to their afflictions, though the base duration was reduced a bit.

• Like 1

Ya I guess he doesn't like the Graze mechanic etc with spells.  I don't get it though its always seemed fine to me.  Just like deflection you are awarded or punished for having a low or high in that defense and just like physical attacks if you graze the effect is cut in half, a hit is normal and crit is double.  I don't see the problem.  I like the bit of randomness that the graze, hit and crit gets.  If you spec and prepare a solid defensive character you will be on the miss side even on PotD most of the time.  If you get a graze you get a graze or even a once in a while hit is no big deal.  In a party scenario that isn't going to lose you the fight.  Crits are what kill you and properly specing will keep you off the crit side of the dice every time.

PS.  If prayers get immunity so should speccing into Righteous Soul for Paladins lol!

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

An ideal solution would be if "hard" disables got lesser effects when they graze instead of lesser durations, and instead of immunities to CC we had something like all hits and crits becoming grazes against certain foes, so you couldn't knock a dragon prone but could unbalance it, debuffing ts reflex.

Edited by DreamWayfarer
  • Like 2

More news from the same source :

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706905&pagenumber=696#post454690419

As of TWM Pt. II, there are scrolls for all Prayer against _______ spells and Lore can be used by anyone.  Chanters get a 4th level Invocation that (among other things) cancels/prevents Frightened/Terrified.  Paladins have a new passive ability called Aegis of Loyalty that makes it very difficult for Confused/Charmed/Dominated characters to hit them (lowers Accuracy) and if the paladin hits a teammate under one of those effects, the attack does minimal damage and cancels the affliction.

I love that new Paladin ability! It's totally fitting the class and it's more interesting than a simple immunity/removal.

Edited by Sannom
  • Like 9

Also, scrolls of Prayer Against [...]—FINALLY! :D

• Like 2

More news from the same source :

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706905&pagenumber=696#post454690419

As of TWM Pt. II, there are scrolls for all Prayer against _______ spells and Lore can be used by anyone.  Chanters get a 4th level Invocation that (among other things) cancels/prevents Frightened/Terrified.  Paladins have a new passive ability called Aegis of Loyalty that makes it very difficult for Confused/Charmed/Dominated characters to hit them (lowers Accuracy) and if the paladin hits a teammate under one of those effects, the attack does minimal damage and cancels the affliction.

I love that new Paladin ability! It's totally fitting the class and it's more interesting than a simple immunity/removal.

I like it.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Same link; Fighters get a new passive selectable at level 7 that grants immunity to Frightened/Terrified.

In retrospect, the blue cross icon we saw on the action bar screenshot might be the new Athletics self-heal rather than a new Fighter ability.

• Like 3

Same link; Fighters get a new passive selectable at level 7 that grants immunity to Frightened/Terrified.

In retrospect, the blue cross icon we saw on the action bar screenshot might be the new Athletics self-heal rather than a new Fighter ability.

That makes sense, since it's something almost all your characters will have access to late game. Helps avoid action bar clutter.

Edit: What I really want for fighters, though, is some level scaling on Constant Recovery -_-

Edited by Mechalibur
  • Like 1

No official word on the new level cap yet.

oHxy9hF.jpg

Source.

Now your FoD alpha strikes can hit both your enemy's balls at the same time :w00t:

• Like 2