3.00 patch teased by Josh on SA

As evidenced by the fact that they ignored the request in this thread? Are you willing to engage in a public wager on your prediction? :-)

Now I just don't understand what you are saying.

I feared they would ignore the beard issue before it was confirmed it would be fixed. There was no prediction.

Edited by DreamWayfarer

• 2 weeks later...

Re-organized action bar on Josh's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAIBmKSJx-k/

On the top you can also see what appears to be the icon of two new Fighter abilities (the blue-cross one, and the one with the dude charging with a shield.)

Also, neat backpack icon for quick slots, and you can also see the icon you get from Survival resting bonuses next to character portraits.

Not sure I recognize the middle icon in Hiravias's item-granted abilities? Is that Moonwell spell?

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Pale Elves are supposed to be allowed facial hair, and that problem will be fixed in 3.00.

Awesome thanks devs, some of us have been asking this for a while.

Would it be pushing it if I asked for the lady elves to also have a beard option? :)

• Like 4

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Pale Elves are supposed to be allowed facial hair, and that problem will be fixed in 3.00.

Would it be pushing it if I asked for the lady elves to also have a beard option? :)

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Re-organized action bar on Josh's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAIBmKSJx-k/

On the top you can also see what appears to be the icon of two new Fighter abilities (the blue-cross one, and the one with the dude charging with a shield.)

Also, neat backpack icon for quick slots, and you can also see the icon you get from Survival resting bonuses next to character portraits.

Not sure I recognize the middle icon in Hiravias's item-granted abilities? Is that Moonwell spell?

Analizing toolbar icons: "some kind of chaaarge 2/encounter and healself 1/encounter" nice

You had my attencion, now you have my interest.

Hilvaris: arent they clickies from Greenstone stuff?

Edited by evilcat
  • Like 1

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

^ Ninja'd you 9 posts above, dude ;)

• Like 2

I'm not sure if the stuff on the right is supposed to be the spells granted by items. I'd rather think those are the bonus per encounter spell you choose on high levels that will replaces the 'spells being per encounter' we have now. I think the equipment spells/abilities are all listed over the backpack item as the bonus knockdown from the fighter.

I'm curious how many new abilities will be available on lower levels for the martial classes. If they do this right, just adding two of them may open up a lot of customizability within the classes.

Edited by Doppelschwert
  • Like 2

I'm not sure if the stuff on the right is supposed to be the spells granted by items. I'd rather think those are the bonus per encounter spell you choose on high levels that will replaces the 'spells being per encounter' we have now. I think the equipment spells/abilities are all listed over the backpack item as the bonus knockdown from the fighter.

Ah, that simultaneously makes sense and is true! :D

My uneducated guess is two new abilities per class, to be gained at either levels 5 and 7, or 7 and 9.

• Like 1

wut.

I believe you have captured the very essence of these forums and this community with your loquacious exultation regarding the news about elven beards.  Well that and someone wanting to be a bearded lady with pointy ears apparently.

• Like 2

So are the Aumaua beardless by design, or wut?

The fact that there's a scruffy one in the portraits, but not the game engine irks me. 

Fishmen gets scruffy beards at best. And the last thing we need are Aumaua hipsters.

• Like 3

For 3.0, flying enemies are no longer immune to Prone, but they're all immune to Ground-based attacks (e.g. Slicken) unless something else actually knocks them Prone or Unconscious (at which point they temporarily lose their Ground immunity).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706905&userid=17931&perpage=40&pagenumber=10

• Like 3