3.00 patch teased by Josh on SA

From SA:

Also in the next patch, immunities and resistances will be displayed on critter tooltips.

I think if we can increase the quality of the gameplay, primarily through better encounter design, feedback, and pacing in combat; better choice and consequence in stories/quests; and better/more open exploration, future installments can reach a bigger market.

For patch 3.0, the area designers have been assigned a list of areas (mostly late game and lower Od Nua) to remove redundant encounters and improve the ones that remain.

(HELL YES!)

I think we can also continue increasing the difficulty/complexity of combat as long as things are communicated and paced well. Reaching more people shouldn't mean, IMO, abandoning the people who really want increased challenge.

• Like 6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Really interested in how the quality of encounters are being improved. 2 of the obvious things I notice the game in the current state tries to handle encounters is by changing the number of critters and focusing on cc (either by making critters apply more of it or making them immune to it). It will be refreshing if the encounters were changed in other ways other than these.

• Like 1

Better A.I. and encounter design would be most welcome; most refreshing.

• Like 1

It all falls behind the whips. Give us whips! And two handed battle axes. What's a barbarian without his two handed battle axe? An ararian?

Wait... that sounds like an evil nazi term... :o

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

you can all thank me for spamming mr. sawyer via twitter about making fighter's knockdown a full attack btw :D

or he had that change in mind all along... and just never ever mentioned it. since no one has advocated for that specific change to knockdown i'll just take the credit for it now :)

It all falls behind the whips. Give us whips! And two handed battle axes. What's a barbarian without his two handed battle axe? An ararian?

Wait... that sounds like an evil nazi term... :o

*sings* Where there's a whip, *crack* there's a way.

Where there's a whip *crack* there's a way.

Yes.

So all that is left from smaller things to improve PoE is to implement magical ammo of different kinds and to fix boring companions like the paladin and ranger chick. 

Then for PoE 2 remove disengagement, remove limitations on spells that can only be used in combat and create spells and abilities that also give immunities and that just being passive ability of creatures. Then we can have back cool spellcaster duels from BG2 (and BG1 with SCS mod). 

Then for PoE 2 remove disengagement, remove limitations on spells that can only be used in combat and create spells and abilities that also give immunities and that just being passive ability of creatures. Then we can have back cool spellcaster duels from BG2 (and BG1 with SCS mod).

You don't have to play Pillars of Eternity, Baldur's Gate won't go anywhere. In the meantime let's allow Obsidian to experiment instead of regressing to 17 years old design. Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 6

The problem that Obs have is that some people really like ranger chick and paladin.

Edited by rheingold
  • Like 3

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

*slaps archangel*

No!  Bad archangel!  Go back to your room!

Seriously though, I like engagement system and the spellcaster 'duels' wasn't that great.  A proper mage duel done in the style of a fencing match would be cool, they should do that.  And have fencing duels too.  And be able to challenge people to said duels.  And to have Brian Blessed in the game.

• Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

So all that is left from smaller things to improve PoE is to implement magical ammo of different kinds and to fix boring companions like the paladin and ranger chick.

You don't have to use them, if you don't like them. I like Sagani and don't find her particularly boring. They are also two of the more useful companions after all the ranger and paladin changes...

• Like 3

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

Seriously though, I like engagement system and the spellcaster 'duels' wasn't that great.

Yeah, I always found the mage 'duels' more fun in theory than in practice. In theory it gave me the feeling of being a powerful mage with carefully prepared defences and counters but in practice it just involved learning a tonne of spells, always having certain ones memorised and going through the motions of countering each defence.

EDIT: Sagani is fairly neutral in her personality, but I like having her around. I have never really used Pallegina because originally she was built horribly, but I hear after 2.0 she is not so bad so I plan to take her in my next run,

Edited by JerekKruger
  • Like 1

I have never really used Pallegina because originally she was built horribly, but I hear after 2.0 she is not so bad so I plan to take her in my next run,

Yeah 2.0+ changed alot to let damage/ tank hybrids really shine. She is really decent and her damage explodes at max level.

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

Pld's in a pretty decent spot right now, so Pallegina benefits from that. It along with Rangers got the biggest boost from 2.0, have to see if 3.0 does the same thing by adding some amazing end game talent to the other classes. All it takes is one. (Like, fighter could get double attack stance - all attacks have a second free attack, -10 acc while in stance. Boom, class is now amazing on level 15.)

Pallegina's biggest issue is the whole, Non PC pld's miss out on 5 Def and 11 to all saves, plus the fact she starts with Flame of Devotion rather than Lay on Hands.

Personality wise, she kinda fits into Sagani's mold for me: bland enough to not offend anyone, but won't be remembered at all.

^ FoD's a great ability, though.