White March Part 2 Companion appears to be a female Aumaua

You are very perceptive with genders Infinitron, I personnally am not sure if she's supposed to be a man or a woman :getlost: I think it's the jaw.

But probably a lady, if only to balance the gender ratio a little bit, less sausage fest, more clam party.

I'm willing to bet she won't be from the same corner of world than Kana though. Probably someone from the Deadfire Archipelago, so that will probably give her more in common with Sagani than Kana, no?

It's female Aumaua to me. I guess she could be from Readceras, because I remembered Josh saying somewhere they had some concept art for aumaua of Readceran culture. If she's barbarian its fun, she looks like noblewoman or she has simple taste of style XD. We'll see. Can't wait to meet her. Maybe we hear about her in future updates just like with Zahua and Devil of Caroc. Don't know why she reminds me Hiravias a bit. Maybe that's her smile.

Edited by White Phoenix

Looks like a female to me as well. If she really is from Raedceras, she might have some very interesting banter with Edér and Durance.

Really looking forward to trying a Barbarian NPC, too. Hopefully she'll have all her legitimate stat points and they'll be allocated somewhat decently.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I hope I can use her in my party instead Pallegina, because I don't want remove Eder.

I think she is, I am tired another Dyrwoodan. I hope she has her own quest, maybe she has some connections to Zahua?

Well, people complained there was no strife in the party, so maybe this time will be different if my predictions aren't wrong.

Edited by White Phoenix

You are very perceptive with genders Infinitron, I personnally am not sure if she's supposed to be a man or a woman :getlost: I think it's the jaw.

But probably a lady, if only to balance the gender ratio a little bit, less sausage fest, more clam party.

I'm willing to bet she won't be from the same corner of world than Kana though. Probably someone from the Deadfire Archipelago, so that will probably give her more in common with Sagani than Kana, no?

She's a Coastal Aumaua (blue skin), so she should be from Rauatai too.

She's a Coastal Aumaua (blue skin), so she should be from Rauatai too.

She could be anywhere, as you can find members of every race in every territory. Like for example she could be from the Aedyran Empire, which has large Coastal Aumaua population (10% of total population) or she could be from Deadfire Archipelago which is another territory with Aumaua majority (in my understanding). I would even go so far that it would be bit cop out if their other Aumaua character would also be from Rauatai as it is quite far away and has quite little interaction with Dyrwood or areas surrounding it (at least that is impression that I have got).

Oooooooh she looks lovely :D I wonder if she might be from the Living Lands? Her accessories look pretty fancy and different from anything seen on the other companions. And unless I'm mis-remembering, it's one of the only areas that we know pretty much nothing about from in-game yet?

Also, what size are those pictures? Because I would definitely buy (and pay whatever absurd shipping rates to Canada) the hell out of a set of decently sized set of companion portrait art :o

Deadfire Archipelago is the home of yellow/brown-skinned Island Aumauas like Kana (his family immigrated).

But sure, she could be from anywhere. A wandering pirate type character, perhaps.

I think Deadfire Archipelago should have both types of Aumaua as those southern areas are where Aumaua originally come before they fought series of wars in north to conquer territories there. So even though other races mainly categorize Aumaua in island folk that lives in south and coastal folk that lives in north, I would think that there quite much interaction between those two groups as they both are seafarers and seem to prefer Aumaua only/majority communities.  But of course this is just guess that is mostly based on Kana's stories and bit of lore sources, as otherwise current lore sources don't really give us much to go on (as most of specific lore parts are about Dyrwood and areas surrounding it).

^ likely they forgot to pull it from the build before pushing it live. An involuntary marketing tool for the curious and the inquisitive. I like that :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus