Update 2.03 Beta is Live on Steam

I keep hoping modals' VFX get fixed so I don't have to remember to deactivate them before saving and reactivate them after loading XD

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I know how to join a beta branch of a game on Steam. I have restarted Steam about 10 times now. I have verified my cache, and found no files needed to be redownloaded. After all of this, I restarted Steam again, just to be sure.

I still have no option under Properties>Betas, to join.

Just "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" in the drop down selection.

Current content BuildID: 794312

If you have a previous completed save, just load that up and refer to the bestiary. The entries should all been updated. (for beta)

For example you should be abke to look at Adra Dragon and see that it has immunity to Fire, Shock, Petrify, Stuck, Frightened, Terrified, Prone.

Edited by mosspit
  • Like 1

For example you should be abke to look at Adra Dragon and see that it has immunity to Fire, Shock, Petrify, Stuck, Frightened, Terrified, Prone.

Good thing I beat the Adra Dragon before this patch then, because I have no idea what kind of strategy I'd use with all those immunities.

Chanter summon cheese will probably still work, if one looks easy tactic to win that fight, although it is quite time consuming. :)

Good thing I beat the Adra Dragon before this patch then, because I have no idea what kind of strategy I'd use with all those immunities.

Paralysis (fetid caress, hold beast - dragon is a beast), stun (storm or ranger double shots)... maybe confusion... stil a couple of tricks can work.

If you tackle the adra dragon at level 14, you can just physically maim her even without knocking her prone. Blinded, Sickened, and Weakened would still work too.

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Beta branch appears to have been removed today; I was in 2.03 beta, now reverted back to 2.02 and don't see a beta branch.  

Hello blinkicide,

Check the Beta tab in properties again and see if you're still opted in the Beta. If so, close out Steam completely and log back in. 

Thanks.

Still not available for me, and I followed your suggestion.

Paralysis (fetid caress, hold beast - dragon is a beast), stun (storm or ranger double shots)... maybe confusion... stil a couple of tricks can work.

I only eyeballed the bestiary but for most part the cc immunities seems to be thematically applied. For eg., Dragons are Behemoth-sized creatures so hard to imagine them being knocked prone, undead are immune to sickened, floating apparitions are immune to prone.

Heaviest hit are prone afflictions. Upon eyeballing, it seems to be the most common cc immunity. Also what this implies is that one will not be able to lower saves of enemies like before in order for "normal" dmg dealing to be dealt consistently. This is not limited to hard cc like stun, but the general save reduction that every afflictions can provide. This basically means more leverage on the opposite of cc, aka buffs. So yeah priests will be favoured.

Personally I am someone who can impose self restrictions and tailor my own difficulty beyond what is offered by the game. This patch seems a little restricting in that regards. Anyhow, I will still need to make a proper playthrough using this patch to have more complete idea. Even then, it is still my personal take on the situation.

Prone immunity is a real serious concern because it affects fighter and monk crowd control (and ranger's pet). This makes their CC circonstancial and renders one of their (few) abilities useless in many cases.

A single boss with immunity is not a pb, but an entire category of ennemies is one.

Wizard, cipher, druids and cipher also have prone abilities but they are able to cast other spells...

Can anyone with the beta patch confirm whether the Confident Aim ability was fixed?

Beta branch appears to have been removed today; I was in 2.03 beta, now reverted back to 2.02 and don't see a beta branch.  

Hello blinkicide,

Check the Beta tab in properties again and see if you're still opted in the Beta. If so, close out Steam completely and log back in. 

Thanks.

Okay, it's been so long since i signed up for the beta branch, I didn't realize it's visibility was password protected.   Apparently I got removed from the branch for whatever reason, and couldn't see it.  But now that I re-entered the password, it is visible again.

Now I see [beta] next to my game in steam, but when i start it I'm no longer on 2.03, but 2.02.0749 again.  Was 2.03 removed?

I'm now back on 2.03.0788.  Dunno what happened, but all is right with the world again.

Edited by blinkicide

If you tackle the adra dragon at level 14, you can just physically maim her even without knocking her prone. Blinded, Sickened, and Weakened would still work too.

Exactly all one needs is a main tank with base 130 deflection and at least 200 hp and you're good to go. Also it seems Paralyze and Stun will still work on it for some hard cc.

Just equip tank with Strikehard war-hammer (-5 defenses on target) and another melee with the spear of same proc you buy from ondra's gift and these two stack cumulatively so after 1-2 hits you can stun/paralyze easily with your caster(add in there accuracy buff) and then it's the usual... but really cc is not even necessary with a tough front-liner and a party lvl 14. You can just tank & spank it.

Edited by Vorad

Can anyone with the beta patch confirm whether the Confident Aim ability was fixed?

Not sure what was broke on it. But with 17 min dmg on the character sheet, I killed  a few bar patrons, and the lowest dmg on a hit I saw was 20.8 (whic is > 17 * 1.2), and saw confident aim convert grazes to hits several times.  

Edited by blinkicide
  • Like 1

^ the minimum damage bonus was not applying, though judging from your post it seems that might be just a UI/display issue.