Is this a legitimate Zolla strategy or cheese/exploit?

Hello, I'm a couple of weeks new to this game.  Yesterday and today I was trying to kill Zolla and kept dying(Normal difficulty).  My characters are mainly 4 and 5.  So I tried something I haven't done at all in the game so far and that is run after I beat the easiest ogre.

After I did that, the most powerful of the 3, the druid ogre,  reset but Zolla stayed out in the hallway.  While running, 3 of my characters died however they revived(lack of the correct word) and I was able to go into combat with just Zolla out in the hallway without the druid interfering.   Later on after killing Zolla, finishing off the druid by itself.

So my question is if this is a legit strategy throughout the game or just cheesing it?  

Hello, I'm a couple of weeks new to this game.  Yesterday and today I was trying to kill Zolla and kept dying(Normal difficulty).  My characters are mainly 4 and 5.  So I tried something I haven't done at all in the game so far and that is run after I beat the easiest ogre.

After I did that, the most powerful of the 3, the druid ogre,  reset but Zolla stayed out in the hallway.  While running, 3 of my characters died however they revived(lack of the correct word) and I was able to go into combat with just Zolla out in the hallway without the druid interfering.   Later on after killing Zolla, finishing off the druid by itself.

So my question is if this is a legit strategy throughout the game or just cheesing it?  

It's a single player game, so it's really up to you to decide how you feel about it. What I would say, though, is that those Endless Paths of Od Nua were actually designed with higher level parties in mind. So if you want the challenge of having to come up with strategies like that even if you progress slowly, go for it. If not, I'd recommend moving on to Act 2 and revisiting Od Nua at a higher level. You could come back and do a few Endless Path levels after every few character levels, for instance. There's no need to clear it all at once.

I think those ogres are meant to scare you out of the Endless Paths and back to the main quest for a while. That's why you get frequent fast travel points in the Endless Paths, so you can easily come back later.

In fact if you do manage to clear several levels of Endless Paths, when you return to the surface the main quest fights might be too easy for a while.

So yeah. This is a game where you sometimes need to choose your fights. Even on Normal difficulty the early game is tough whilst you're still learning things and your characters have few abilities and poor gear.

That said, it can be rewarding to win a really challenging fight. On my first go, I was in the same situation, except I had trouble even with the regular ogres. After a few reloads and using up most of my potions and scrolls, I won a fight against 3 ogres, and that felt really great. But I didn't feel like pushing it with the matron, because there's a difference between being tactical and being lucky with the dice on the umpteenth reload.