Getting it in the hole. Basketball 2K15-2K16

Leferd

Shuttlesworth out of retirement to the Dubs would be too sweet

JESUS!

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

" A team scoring > 90 points should be a rarity."

u on crack.

The 2003-2004 Detroit Pistons gave up 84.3 points a game. I personally found that a lot more enjoyable to watch than what we see now.

Mid/late 90's to the mid 2000's NBA were my personal dark ages for basketball.

You had coaches dictating pace to a grinding halt. Only Don Nelson and Mike D'Antoni were advocating up tempo play. Only Rick Adelman's Sacramento teams utilized a motion, backdoor-cutting based (Princeton) offense. The Phil Jackson Triangle teams were deliberately slow and punctuated by heroball and Shaq postups.

Guard play was de-emphasised and stifled. The abolishment of the handcheck rule after 2004 was the best thing that could have happened to the NBA game. Smalls such as Steve Nash and Chris Paul cold finally break free and properly weave through defenses that are now forced to move their feet as opposed to constantly hacking, holding, and clutching guys from the perimeter. The floor opened up, and now you can free up bigs who have the skills to play outside-in. Coaches started to loosen the reins and allowed players to freestyle and play more on the open floor. Increased spacing opens up wider passing lanes, allowing greater emphasis on team play. We started to see less isolations.

The pace of play increased, players started to share the rock again, and team defenses became more sophisticated with the advent of Tom Thibideau's ICE and increasing use of defensive rotations. In short, the game became less one-on-one and more team oriented on both sides of the ball.

Today's game overall hasn't been this aesthetically pleasing since the early 90's when Magic, Bird, and Jordan were hooping.

Well, I've always been an admirer of big men more than guards, so that explains a lot of it.  Heck, my favorite player growing up was James Edwards.  So this version of the NBA that's basically done away with big men just doesn't appeal.  Way too many 3 pointers, post play is basically non-existent, players just allowing layups instead of punishing guards for going inside...it's basically the antithesis of what I liked about the NBA. 

It feels like Bill Laimbeer would have no place in the modern NBA, and that's not a good thing, as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Wow. The Bulls. I really wanted him to go to Cleveland. That would have been fun.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

CLE could only pay him around 4mil (barring big trades). No way would he in his right mind take that huge of a paycut.

btw, People will attack Wade for this 'disloyalty' but this is 100% the fault of his former employers who treated him like trash, as second rate garabge, and for granted. They are the ones who have absolutely no loyalty and they paid for it. But, ehre comes Riley's excuses and blame game as they will try to make him be the bad guy.

hey, Riley, enjoying the 2 finalis appearances for James with 1 championship while you have 0 championships and one missed playoff since he  told you to take a hike?

HAHAHAHA!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I wouldn't call Wade disloyal. After thirteen years and three NBA titles what more does he owe them? He's got bad knees and you have to figure he's only got one or two good seasons left in him. No one plays forever. It's a shame he missed out on that would have been a big deal with jersey retirement, etc if he'd stayed but it was his choice to make. If I were a Heat fan I'd just wish him good luck and say "thanks for the memories".

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm just sad he wouldn't come to Denver for more money (but even we wouldn't give him a 3rd year from what I've read)

Sure he's past his prime but it hurts right in the feels when nobody wants to play for you

Free games updated 3/4/21

I don't know if a Wade/Rondo/Butler combo can work. They are all ball dominant guards who don't shoot threes playing for a coach who loves ball movement and the three point shot.

Edited by Leferd

"you have to figure he's only got one or two good seasons left in him."

People have been saying that about Wade for the past 4-5 seasons. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

so, what exactly is draymond green's problem?  didn't he have a reputation as kinda a good guy when off the court?

then again, we recall stories o' an acquaintance o' ours, a guy who played for the minnesota vikings during the early 70s.  he told us that some o' the bar fights that would routinely occur 'tween players and irate fans after a loss (or a bad win) were responsible for almost as many o' his injuries as on-the-field contact. 

different times.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

so, what exactly is draymond green's problem? didn't he have a reputation as kinda a good guy when off the court?

then again, we recall stories o' an acquaintance o' ours, a guy who played for the minnesota vikings during the early 70s. he told us that some o' the bar fights that would routinely occur 'tween players and irate fans after a loss (or a bad win) were responsible for almost as many o' his injuries as on-the-field contact.

different times.

HA! Good Fun!

Testosterone and alcohol. Mutual taunting. Draymond slaps the MSU football player in the face. Cops were across the street and witnessed it. Tough guy football player pressed charges.

Draymond even told the cops that he wanted to apologize to the "victim" immediately after the incident.

Not like we have a Manziel, Ray Rice, or Ray MacDonald situation here.

so, what exactly is draymond green's problem? didn't he have a reputation as kinda a good guy when off the court?

then again, we recall stories o' an acquaintance o' ours, a guy who played for the minnesota vikings during the early 70s. he told us that some o' the bar fights that would routinely occur 'tween players and irate fans after a loss (or a bad win) were responsible for almost as many o' his injuries as on-the-field contact.

different times.

HA! Good Fun!

Testosterone and alcohol. Mutual taunting. Draymond slaps the MSU football player in the face. Cops were across the street and witnessed it. Tough guy football player pressed charges.

Draymond even told the cops that he wanted to apologize to the "victim" immediately after the incident.

Not like we have a Manziel, Ray Rice, or Ray MacDonald situation here.

don't let your fandom get in the way.  the "tough guy" football player is 6' and 183lbs.  draymond is 6'7 and 230lbs, and at least according to a couple o' accounts, draymond sucker punched the guy. 

with cops and witnesses present, am not surprised draymond wanted to apologize. 

am genuine hopeful that the stuff 'bout draymond's entourage having roughed the guy up the previous day and his "scholarship" comments is inaccurate.  

HA! Good Fun!

ps when we first got to california, we literal bumped into ralph sampson at an airport.  we both apologized, though it were Gromnir's fault, and then went our separate ways.  

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

My fandom always gets in the way. It's sports.

yeah. we didn't much like the ny giants when we were young, but pretty much like any kid who played defense in the 80s, we idolized lawrence taylor, and we never complete forgave him for that second failed drug test.  seemed like such a big deal at the time.  maybe it was and we has become numb. dunno. 

HA! Good Fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to miss Tim Duncan, man. I was listening to the Le Batard show and Dan was telling a story Etan Thomas once told him about Tim. It was during a game that he had Tim in the post. He failed miserably the first time and Tim told him to next time put his shoulder into him. That way, he's more likely to get the foul call. Etan said to himself that this guy must be ****ing with him. Is he really coaching me? Sure enough, he tried it again and tried it the way Tim suggested.

He missed the shot, but Tim told him he did much better that time and if he continues to do it that way it will cause him some problems defensively throughout the rest of the game. The big fundamental man. John Amaechi had some stories to tell as well but not as good, in my opinion anyway, as the one Etan had to tell.

Now to post my favorite Duncan video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2SYIrUnf5Y

Joey Crawford, man. He's something else.

• Like 1

Amare's decline these last few years made me concerned for my own knees. Good for him getting paid and deciding to stick a fork in it.

• Like 1