Getting it in the hole. Basketball 2K15-2K16

Leferd

Yep, the bench will have to be rebuilt.

Now, KD needs to be barricaded in his house for the next few days ala DeAndre Jordan.

#JusticeForTheSeattleSupersonics

CmiHPZ0UkAAqfZg.jpg

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Wow.  On one hand, on the surface, this means a slam dunk championship. However, Durant put himself in a tough spot b/c if they win  he'll likely be labeled as just going for a title the 'easy' way.. if they  do worse than lasts eason, he'll get the blame for 'ruining' their chemistry.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm more worried about them losing that great bench than I am Barnes.  Bogut is a tough one.  They still need a viable center.  Festus should be better next year if he stays healthy, but he isn't the shut down defender or the playmaker that Bogut is.  

I don't think chemistry will be an issue. GS plays the same type of basketball San Antonio plays. KD will get his shots, he just won't average 30 a game, neither will Steph. They have essentially replaced Barnes with a better scorer/rebounder. And he's better defensively, too.

Oh and Cuban, go after Bogut.

am not a stephen a. smith fan (understatement) but he has a point.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16761817/nba-players-react-kevin-durant-decision-join-golden-state-warriors

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

speaking from personal experience, speaking of self in third-person makes a person sound crazy.  if there is one thing Gromnir knows, it's crazy.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm more worried about them losing that great bench than I am Barnes.  Bogut is a tough one.  They still need a viable center.  Festus should be better next year if he stays healthy, but he isn't the shut down defender or the playmaker that Bogut is.  

Weaker bench? Sure. But look at the new Nellieball DeathSquad:

Curry

Thompson

Iguodala

Durant

Green

My hot take predictions:

1) GSW will avg. more than 120pts a game

2) GSW will break the Pts Differential record

3) GSW will go 82-0

4) Westbrook will avg. > 40pts/game while shooting <40% FG%

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

4) Westbrook will avg. > 40pts/game while shooting <40% FG%

That's the most important. Dude is gonna go off.

No need to worry about the bench.

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/750009183018295296

Let it all trickle down. They'll get to it. And it looks like both Barnes and Bogut will wind up in Dallas. Stein just reported that there's a chance. So hopefully it'll work out. Cuban better not give up a first round draft pick. That nut had the chance to draft this guy but traded down instead.

So Barnes and Bogut to Dallas?

Nowitzki should bail and join the Dubs.  At least then he has a shot at another ring.  If he stays in Dallas all he gets is another first round beat down. 

" A team scoring > 90 points should be a rarity."

u on crack.

Yeah, that's just silly talk.

...can't believe I missed this earlier.

Seems fitting.

• Like 1

*yawn* A team that great defensively is the rarity which is why they are great. Just like a over the top offensive juaggernault is also rare hence their greatness.

If EVERRY team gave up only 84 points a game it would be boring just like if every teams cored 120 points it would be boring. 100ish per game with professional shooters making ridiculous shots look routin is the way it should.

And, the league, the viewers, the players, and most importantly I don't give a crap what YOU personally think is 'entertaining'. L0LZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

My pet peeves are flopping and jumping into other players 

...I've thought of a few others like the rip through but I guess I can more easily sum it by saying I don't like abusing or cheating the system. Just play the game*

*I know players have been doing whatever it takes to get an advantage since the dawn of time but this is my whine time

PS the more I think about the pump fake followed by jumping into the defender the more I don't like it. It should be the same as the leg kick since the offensive player is initiating the contact on purpose. He's already won by getting the defender to bite on the fake and should exploit that as the situation dictates and not jump directly into the player while flinging the ball

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

" A team scoring > 90 points should be a rarity."

u on crack.

The 2003-2004 Detroit Pistons gave up 84.3 points a game. I personally found that a lot more enjoyable to watch than what we see now.

Mid/late 90's to the mid 2000's NBA were my personal dark ages for basketball.

You had coaches dictating pace to a grinding halt. Only Don Nelson and Mike D'Antoni were advocating up tempo play. Only Rick Adelman's Sacramento teams utilized a motion, backdoor-cutting based (Princeton) offense. The Phil Jackson Triangle teams were deliberately slow and punctuated by heroball and Shaq postups.

Guard play was de-emphasised and stifled. The abolishment of the handcheck rule after 2004 was the best thing that could have happened to the NBA game. Smalls such as Steve Nash and Chris Paul cold finally break free and properly weave through defenses that are now forced to move their feet as opposed to constantly hacking, holding, and clutching guys from the perimeter. The floor opened up, and now you can free up bigs who have the skills to play outside-in. Coaches started to loosen the reins and allowed players to freestyle and play more on the open floor. Increased spacing opens up wider passing lanes, allowing greater emphasis on team play. We started to see less isolations.

The pace of play increased, players started to share the rock again, and team defenses became more sophisticated with the advent of Tom Thibideau's ICE and increasing use of defensive rotations. In short, the game became less one-on-one and more team oriented on both sides of the ball.

Today's game overall hasn't been this aesthetically pleasing since the early 90's when Magic, Bird, and Jordan were hooping.

Edited by Leferd