Getting it in the hole. Basketball 2K15-2K16

Leferd

How is that not a million dolalr fine according to NBA rules? Funny that they'll fine someone millions for being 'mean' but phsyical assault? Nah. That's kewl.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm pretty worried, but realistically the Warriors can win the next round without him if they play like they did in that second half.  It will be a much tougher series, of course, with a lot less room for error.

But facing the Spurs without Curry is a scenario I do not like to imagine.

Just finished Game of Rhrones and am now on my third drink. Did it all really happen???

The twitters say MCL. I'm feeling bone on bone on my right knee...

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The Steph Curry health concerns and the Celtics/Hawks series have been the only remotely interesting things about the NBA playoffs so far.  Not that it's surprising, round 1 tends to be a snoozefest.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Grade 1 MCL sprain. Will be re-evaluated in two weeks. Not the mere bone bruise I was hoping for but as far as knee sprains go, this is the best news. Hopefully he can be back halfway through the second round....assuming Houston maintains their dysfunction.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

I don't want to jinx it, but I doubt there is any scenario in which Houston can win 3 straight.  They just can't keep up with the depth.  The Houston starters basically have to play the whole game to keep ahead.  They get worn out, but the Warriors can keep rolling out bench players.  Game 3 was basically a best case scenario for Houston, and they still almost blew it.  

That being said, second round will be tougher for sure.  

Yup.   GS basiclaly squashed them in 2nd half of G4 w/o Curry. I wouldn't be worried  this round. Playing the Clips though w/o Curry would be a tough challenge.

Chris Paul breaks the third metatarsal in his right hand - likely done for playoffs as recovery from surgery is typically a month.   Blake Griffin reinjures the same quad that kept him out for weeks.  Now it's not even clear that they can beat Portland. (That series is now tied 2-2)

That franchise is snake bit.  

Chris Paul breaks the third metatarsal in his right hand - likely done for playoffs as recovery from surgery is typically a month.   Blake Griffin reinjures the same quad that kept him out for weeks.  Now it's not even clear that they can beat Portland. (That series is now tied 2-2)

LAC couldn't not think they had a feasible path to the WC Finals...atleast for one day.

LAC couldn't not think they had a feasible path to the WC Finals...atleast for one day.

:lol:   Yep.  About 24 hours from Curry's strain to Paul breaking his hand.  And that's when the bubble burst.   

• Like 1

I actually think Portland was a tougher match up for GSW than the Clippers even before the injuries.  Lilliard seems to thrive when he plays the Warriors.  Griffin can also be shut down pretty effectively by Bogut.

• Like 1

Portland is sneaky good. Lillard has a lot of heart and Terry Stotts coached the hell out of that team. I was surprised that he didn't win Coach of the Year.

GS's head coach - while good - shouldn't have won COTY. I mean they won about half their games w/o him even on the bench. LMAO Can you imagine a player playing half the games and winning MVP? COME ON.

Edited by Volourn

#TBT to the time in 1894 when Oakland was beaten by San Francisco 2-1 in the overtime third inning.

ChKbq3-UgAA6LAh.jpg

Captain Gillis with the clutch game winner, basketing the ball with just four minutes left in OT!

• Like 2

Captain Gillis, a leader for the ages who had ice water in his veins. His speech after the second inning must have been legendary.

• Like 1

Dubs down 17, come back and still cover the 10 point spread. Not quite as improbable as Leicester City and their 5,000/1...but still.

And what the hell are the Kings doing? Are they gonna interview every jobless or assistant coach in North America?

If they don't have a shortlist and aren't zeroing in this list, then they really have no plan or vision. This franchise will continue to be in the dumps.

It's one thing to be doing your due dilligence, but another to wander aimlessly and hoping, just hoping someone --anyone will be the right fit.

Mike drop.

Larry Bird: "Frank’s not getting fired, his contract is up and I just made the decision not to renew it."

Per Rachel Nichols: Larry Bird says he and Frank Vogel spoke for about a half hour on the phone this morning, and that Vogel kept asking him to reconsider.

LEGEND

Edited by Leferd

That sounds  jerkish. That's being fired. If they wanted him they want to keep him. It is defintiely a firing just  smokescreened. But, Larry Bird has always been an **** who loves to destroy careers.

carlisle.jpg

"WTF?"

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjj

"You need a time out."

rick-carlisle-nba-oklahoma-city-thunder-

"GTFO!"

122215_rick.jpg

"There's the door - what are you waiting for?"

Guess it was too subtle without the captions. 

Edited by kgambit

Hahaha! The Wildcat Rap! Three in the video are currently on the Dubs --Steve Kerr, Bruce Fraser, and Tom Tolbert.