Can't be challenged after I went to the white march (PoTD)

Hi, I went to White March when I was level 7, spent some time there just to recruit Zahua and Caroc, then I got back to the main story. Currently I am finishing Act II at level 10. After some experience in the White March I found the main arc easier than before. Now I can't decide what to do:

• If I complete the main game, white march will be too easy.
  • If I complete the white march, the rest of the main game will be too damn easy

So my options here are, boring vs boring!

Edited by id3a

Hi, I went to White March when I was level 7, spent some time there just to recruit Zahua and Caroc, then I got back to the main story. Currently I am finishing Act II at level 10. After some experience in the White March I found the main arc easier than before. Now I can't decide what to do:

• If I complete the white march, the rest of the main game will be too damn easy

I did the same thing and went to WM at level 7.

I ended up trying to figure a good path to be semi challenged. I went back and forth between Act2 and WM and finished up WM before Act3.

Truthfully there is no way to be challenged by mid game in PoE at all excluding the Dragons (thank goodness for that)

Definitely after fighting the Speedy Reptiles and the constructs the rest of Vanilla game seemed so easy.

I suppose it is difficult for them since they add the content into the middle of the game rather than just tack in on at the end which can work but they have to really overthink the design and flow of the game so the challenge remains.

Like I said the only way for me to stay challenged was to do a bunch of research before playing the Game and plotting a course way beforehand.  In addition I am using iemod and nerfed exp by 50% until I hit level 7 and then I set it to 25% exp.  I still hit cap before praying to the Gods in Teir Evron.

And I have not done Cragholdt which really should be scaled by itself when you visit it.

I am just completing it for completion's sake now.

If I manage to play through again I will do a solo run to try and push some challenge.

PoTD basically feels like a split between normal and hard.

I'm currently doing a solo playthrough on PotD, haven't yet reached Raedric's Hold. It feels difficult, I'm required to pay attention to weapon stats, deflection/accuracy, potions and power ups. In other words, I'm actually playing the game as opposed to going through beautiful areas and reading dialogues. I miss the party management though. I wish the game could be as difficult but with a party.

With my previous playthrough (hard difficulty), where I have a party, I entered the expansion areas at level 9, chose to scale up encounters and it felt just as difficult as I would want it.

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

I think 6 players makes the game to easy, and they also capped the level cap to early, I hit level 14 with about 30% of the game left

• Like 1