Almost a month since my last topic

I would bet that the marketing of this game is fully under the power of Paizo.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

As much as I'd like to blame another company, marketing and publishing the game is on us. We also get to make tactical decisions about the release date and feature set. Many of these decisions are made with consultation and approval by Paizo, but they don't do anything to impede us. I know you are all impatient for us to get this game out (or at least more news about the game). And I am impatient to give that to you, but we have the rare opportunity to do this game and its release, not just well, but right. 

In the meantime, I'm continuing to playtest the heck out of the Tutorial and make lots of revisions. Also, Justin Bell (who did Eternity's soundtrack) is composing some great music for it.

Thanks as always for your support!

• Like 5

Glad to hear it. To have enough time for a proper release is one of the most rare things man can have in this field. I can't wait for the final release and I hope so much for a non Steam-only PC release. Hope I will see it one day :-P

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

As much as I'd like to blame another company, marketing and publishing the game is on us. We also get to make tactical decisions about the release date and feature set. Many of these decisions are made with consultation and approval by Paizo, but they don't do anything to impede us. I know you are all impatient for us to get this game out (or at least more news about the game). And I am impatient to give that to you, but we have the rare opportunity to do this game and its release, not just well, but right. 

In the meantime, I'm continuing to playtest the heck out of the Tutorial and make lots of revisions. Also, Justin Bell (who did Eternity's soundtrack) is composing some great music for it.

well, at least they own up to these "tactical" decisions.  something to be said for that.  something better could be said about a weekly screenshot or a development blog, but oh well.    

As for Fall 2015, according to the great and mighty Google began September 23, and ends December 21st.  I expect a December 20th release then, and to be neglecting my family and friends while playing this app over Christmas this year. 

Strange, I never thought of summer reaching all the way to September 23rd, and certainly not Fall almost reaching Christmas day, but there it is.  Perhaps that's because central Texas stays a miserable 90+ degrees all the way through mid-October.

One specific question to close out - class decks feature some of the same characters as the base game.  The base game characters had some balance issues (some being OP, some being impotent) - which version will the app feature?  base, class deck, or both eventually? 

• Like 1

well, at least they own up to these "tactical" decisions.  something to be said for that.  something better could be said about a weekly screenshot or a development blog, but oh well.    

As for Fall 2015, according to the great and mighty Google began September 23, and ends December 21st.  I expect a December 20th release then, and to be neglecting my family and friends while playing this app over Christmas this year. 

Strange, I never thought of summer reaching all the way to September 23rd, and certainly not Fall almost reaching Christmas day, but there it is.  Perhaps that's because central Texas stays a miserable 90+ degrees all the way through mid-October.

One specific question to close out - class decks feature some of the same characters as the base game.  The base game characters had some balance issues (some being OP, some being impotent) - which version will the app feature?  base, class deck, or both eventually?

Well thats why I cant see them hitting that target. This basically means they have about 8 weeks to have the game finished, marketed and submitted to the the app store , yet there are still only a handful of official images that exist for this game. Im not telling the developers what to do, but if I had the license to a property like Pathfinder, I would have started the marketing part already if the game is truly coming out in 8 weeks. Just my opinion. Just feels like this is the Duke Nukem Forever of IOS apps.

I'll assume silence means we're getting the original text of the character cards in Rise of the Runelords - the completely broken versions of Sajan and Lini, and the mostly broken version of Merisiel. 

I'll assume silence means we're getting the original text of the character cards in Rise of the Runelords - the completely broken versions of Sajan and Lini, and the mostly broken version of Merisiel. 

It would be wiser to assume they have more productive things to do than respond to mean spirited passive aggression.

I'm kind of following this from the lurkers' gallery, but I *am* surprised at the lack of marketing. I'm sure it's been sort of second fiddle to the PoE franchise, but come on you glorious Obsidz bastards! Throw us die hard fans a bone! :Cant's receding back to the shadows icon:

• Like 4

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Releasing it any time in the next week or two would be suicide. Well.. perhaps not.. but there's a certain title by a tiny studio launching in a couple days that every other game regardless of platform should just steer clear of launching with.

I don't know how much competition a AAA console/pc title would be tablet/mobile device game. I don't have a tablet right now, but I'm literally going to buy one in order to play this game when it hits the shelves. Granted, I tend to hate to buy anything big for myself close to Christmas, but I'll make an exception this year.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!