White March 2 question

It took them about 6 months to release part I after the base game shipped, so I guess 6 months after part I could be a good ballpark. That would be roughly one year after the base game's release, so around March 2016. Again, ballpark based on speculation.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Some of the news coverage around PAX mentioned March of next year as the most likely release date, though the devs haven't publicly confirmed it.  I'm not sure where the November 2015 date came from but I do remember a couple of posters guessing Part 2 might be released then.

• Like 1

Well here's hoping that somehow they take as much time as it needs to be perfect while still rushing it out ASAP to give more content for the community just in time for them to start cranking out the next kickstarter campaign for the sequel.

Yeah I am holding off on my new run through as well until the whole White March is there to play not just half of it.  Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

same

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yeah I am holding off on my new run through as well until the whole White March is there to play not just half of it.  Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

same

HA! Good Fun!

If only game allowed the player earn EXP even after level cap. That way people wouldn't feel obliged to wait.

am not genuine concerned 'bout the level cap, but to each his own.  

the thing is, we tend to be disappointed with expansions.  HoW, for iwd, were blasted by fans because the level design were poor/rushed AND because it were short.  am recalling how irate were Gromnir with HoW.  

am not expecting white march to be a HoW inspired collection o' "S" shaped maps wherein we fight a half dozen mobs o' mooks, but part 1 will necessarily be shorter than part 1 & 2 together.  waiting will result in us getting more content... and one expects that the content we do get will be more polished from having additional fan feedback and development time.  we can wait.  alternative is for us to play and judge white march part 1 whilst attempting to keep in mind that it is only 1/2 o' the complete expansion.  am self aware enough that we know we would be overly harsh with criticism if we played part 1 while needing wait for part 2. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Pretty much in the same boat. I only went through Act 2 and only messed around with WM1. I'll start over from the beginning after WM2 comes out.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the same boat but jumped out and played it. Liked it better than the original game; it was pretty lengthy, more enjoyable, better paced, more responses to our character's various stats/background etc, scripted events were better and occurred more often... more polished experience overall. Feeling pretty much the same as I felt for HoS expansion for Witcher 3 about WMP1 to Pillars, tho WM felt more fresh cos of the snowy setting I guess.

And finally companions can talk to and get a response from NPCs when they interject. 

Also no cliffhanger ending, felt like a complete story so this shouldn't be a reason to postpone if it was : p

Edited by Quillon
  • Like 1