Hey everyone! I started playing Pillars of Eternity recently and I really wanted a custom portrait for my female moon godlike character. Last week I had some time on my hands so I painted this - I'm hoping that someone else will find this portrait useful as well. I've included a full res along with the large and small cropped portraits for in-game use. Alternatively you can just download the zip file (linked below) with the cropped portraits. Enjoy! <3

moongodlike_amegani.png

f_moongodlike_lg.png f_moongodlike_sm.png

Here is what they look like in-game for those who may be curious:

tumblr_nw91u49Msz1tykb80o2_r1_1280.png

ZIP File Download:

http://www.amegani.com/portraits/f_moongodlike_portrait.zip

Installation Instructions:

Extract all of the files from the zip folder. Navigate to the female player portraits directory in your Pillars of Eternity installation directory. In my case, the directory was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\art\gui\portraits\player\female . Place the two extracted images (the _lg and _sm versions) in that directory and start Pillars of Eternity. The portraits should now be available for you to use in-game.

Tumblr Link - for those who would like to reblog from my original tumblr post. :)

Cant EDIT:  title changed at Amegani's request.

• Like 18

Good work, slightly different from the style used by the stock Portraits but close enough that it fits okay.  More fan made portraits is always cool, especially when original and high quality, kudos!

• Like 2

Thank you all for the kind words! It really means a lot to me. :)

I may work on more portraits if time permits, and I would definitely like to work on more godlike portraits. When I made this one I wasn't particularly aiming for the pillars portrait style - sort of just did my own thing and went with it. When I loaded the game and tested it out for the first time I was happy that it seemed to fit fairly well with the other portraits. I may attempt to replicate the Pillars style a bit more closely in my future portraits but admittedly I find it kind of difficult to mimic another artist's style. We'll have to see how that goes if I decide to take that route.

Anyway, I am so glad you guys found this useful. I might work on some more in the near future so keep your eyes peeled. Thanks again!  ;)

• Like 2

I'm going to move this thread to the modding forum and leave a redirect here.  I'd like to encourage people to use the modding forum for things like this.  Now that we have one, and some in the community have pushed to get one, I think we should support the people in the community providing content such as custom portraits.  Great job and keep up the good work!

• Like 3

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm going to move this thread to the modding forum and leave a redirect here.  I'd like to encourage people to use the modding forum for things like this.  Now that we have one, and some in the community have pushed to get one, I think we should support the people in the community providing content such as custom portraits.  Great job and keep up the good work!

Thank you for the kind words! My apologies for not posting there first - I couldn't quite figure out where something like this belongs. 

Ekkyo - Thank you very much! :D

• Like 1

Just wanted to update with another portrait that I worked on last night. I had a suave rogue-like sort of guy in mind when I made this. The face was modeled after Kevin Smith, who some of you may recognize as the actor that played Ares in the Xena and Hercules TV shows from the 90's.

m_human001_lg.pngm_human001_sm.png

Also, here is a process gif I made for fun. Enjoy :)

tumblr_nwazrfabKK1tykb80o2_400.gif

• Like 5

Actually it really does look a bit like Ares, I thought it pretty much before even reading the post.  The hair is a bit much for me, but it is very good portrait and really does fit perfectly with the stock ones as well.  Very nice work again, really like the time lapse too.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the kind words Oralaina and Karkarov :D

Just crossposting this from the pillars portrait thread ;)

Finally completed my first pillars portrait minipack! I'd like to continue making more minipacks and eventually bundle them together to create a large portrait pack.

pack01-amegani.png

Download link: http://www.amegani.com/portraits/POEportraits-pack01-amegani.zip

Feel free to modify these as needed for personal use. You may post your modified portraits online, all I ask is that if you plan on redistributing the originals please link them from either my tumblr post or my post on deviantart. Each portrait is painted from scratch and takes anywhere from 5 - 12 hours to complete, which adds up pretty quickly. Links back are always appreciated :D

Here are the individual portraits, for those who prefer to grab them this way. The first two are in my previous post.  ;)

f_human001_lg.pngf_human001_sm.png

m_human003_lg.pngm_human003_sm.png

f_elf001_lg.pngf_elf001_sm.png

m_human002_lg.pngm_human002_sm.png

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...