Fog of War removal

Hey everyone!

I know this topic was posted a lot of times already, but for me it's game breaking. I bought PoE the day it was released, and I really wanted to love it, but with that Fog of War I just couldn't. The most important thing in RPG for me is immersion. It's really hard to immerse myself in a shady world. FoW hides all the beautiful art of the game. And if I'm zooming out a bit, it gets much worse. I can only see a small spot of the world around my party.

I you look at the official screenshots, they're all made without FoW! Why? Because PoE looks awesome without it. If Obsidian made screenshots from real game they wouldn't look so attractive.

In the end of the day I had to give up on playing. Now I want to give it another chance, and that's why I'm here. A few months passed. Did anyone find a way to remove FoW or at least make party's field of view much wider? Or is there any other solutions to actually see the game? I don't care if it makes the game easier or if it makes me a casual scum in the eyes of "real gamers". A lof us played Arcanum. It has no FoW at all, and still it is an excellent game!

I heard about cheat Iroll20s, but it's really not what I'm looking for. Mainly because I'd have to use it every time I enter a new map. If there a more consistent solution?

Thank you everyone!

Hey everyone!

I know this topic was posted a lot of times already, but for me it's game breaking. I bought PoE the day it was released, and I really wanted to love it, but with that Fog of War I just couldn't. The most important thing in RPG for me is immersion. It's really hard to immerse myself in a shady world. FoW hides all the beautiful art of the game. And if I'm zooming out a bit, it gets much worse. I can only see a small spot of the world around my party.

I you look at the official screenshots, they're all made without FoW! Why? Because PoE looks awesome without it. If Obsidian made screenshots from real game they wouldn't look so attractive.

In the end of the day I had to give up on playing. Now I want to give it another chance, and that's why I'm here. A few months passed. Did anyone find a way to remove FoW or at least make party's field of view much wider? Or is there any other solutions to actually see the game? I don't care if it makes the game easier or if it makes me a casual scum in the eyes of "real gamers". A lof us played Arcanum. It has no FoW at all, and still it is an excellent game!

I heard about cheat Iroll20s, but it's really not what I'm looking for. Mainly because I'd have to use it every time I enter a new map. If there a more consistent solution?

Thank you everyone!

Fairly easy console command:

NoFog

Hey everyone!

Thank you everyone!

Fairly easy console command:

NoFog

That's what I meant by iroll20s. You have to use this command every time you enter a new place. That would be annoying.