Democrat Presidential Debate

BruceVC

Bruce, can I ask why you like Hillary so much?

She's not well liked in general here so I'm curious

Excellent question, I like her not just because she is women.....yes thats part of it but she is going to be the Democratic candidate and I do believe with her history of service she is qualified 

So many of you guys think she is just saying what people want to hear and she doesn't really believe what she says. Well the Democrats have ostensibly got a winning strategy which is based fundamentally on a belief that the middle class needs to be uplifted and supported and the federal government should intervene in some cases. Hilary Clinton says she supports this and I believe her because she is a Democrat, what is it people think she should be saying to be sincere?

Now for me this makes perfect sense, if you grow the middle class in any country you will have more spending power. Yes you won't have as many self-made millionaires but lets be realistic is becoming a millionaire in the USA still a goal people consider as paramount?

The objectives of Obama and the Democrats despite what people think is not to undermine white males at the expense of minorities...so I guess I am still not sure why you guys don't like Hilary Clinton?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Because she's a crook and a liar, also negligent and callous in carrying out her duties. She also conveniently changes positions as it suits her, for example coming out against Trans-Pacific Partnership after helping negotiate it and before even reading it!

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Be and friends started talking last night after the debate and what it really comes down to for us is that Bernie is to hardline. He only goes for his issues and those are the only ones he'll deal with in an uncompromising manner.

Hillary is to post produced for most of her discussion and appearances. Every time she's seen "off guard" she appears to be a very good talker and a very capable mediator. However she's got so many enemies within the republican party that it's easy for them to attack her because she has a history. One point that is being used against her by WoD and others is that benghazi and the emails were somehow out of the ordinary, which ignores the fact that the previous administration had a larger attack on US soil (9/11) and had a Vice President who had a man sized safe, and his own private email server, and yet nobody is investigating those as hard as Benghazi or Hillary's emails.

• Like 2

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• Like 1

"But, the official said the threat of a hijacking by bin Laden's al Qaeda organization was general in nature, did not mention a specific time or place and was similar to the variety of different terrorist threats U.S. intelligence monitors frequently."

The facts are completely different. Hilzilla knew or should've known the facility was completely insecure, located in one of the most dangerous cities in the world, and the State department hired a Jihadist militia to provide security! That is not to say Bush did everything he could've to prevent 9/11, but two wrongs don't make a right. And what effective action did Bill Clinton take to combat Al Qaeda? There's lots of blame to go round.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Criticizing Bernie is antisemitic and you should all flog yourselves for putting greatest ally at risk with your support for the destruction of the Jewish people.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Somebody warned Bush 600 times that 9/11 was about to happen?

WOD please you and I do have several things in common like our condemnation of Snowden

But please dont tell me you believe in conspiracy theories....the USA didnt commit 9/11to themselves or somehow knew it was going to happen 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Criticizing Bernie is antisemitic and you should all flog yourselves for putting greatest ally at risk with your support for the destruction of the Jewish people.

KP please dont just vote for Bernie because he is Jewish and you think people will see you as more liberal and committed to transformation....only vote for him if you believe he is a better choice than Hilary....

Now you probably wondering why I'm telling you this...I know you young guys sometimes want to embellish your SJ status ...but let things develop naturally  :geek:

John Milton 

WOD please you and I do have several things in common like our condemnation of Snowden

But please dont tell me you believe in conspiracy theories....the USA didnt commit 9/11to themselves or somehow knew it was going to happen

You misunderstood what I was saying there. Calax was drawing an analogy between Benghazi and 9/11, and I was referring to the 600 security requests from Benghazi which went to the State Department but were not acted upon. Also read Calax's sources, there were general 9/11 warnings, there just wasn't enough done about them, but it wasn't because Bush wanted 9/11 to happen, just bureaucratic inertia and lots of other reasons.

You misunderstood what I was saying there. Calax was drawing an analogy between Benghazi and 9/11, and I was referring to the 600 security requests from Benghazi which went to the State Department but were not acted upon. Also read Calax's sources, there were general 9/11 warnings, there just wasn't enough done about them, but it wasn't because Bush wanted 9/11 to happen, just bureaucratic inertia and lots of other reasons.

Are you implying that Hillary WANTED benghazi to happen?

Wishful thinking on my part

Shady do you mind sharing why you personally don't like Hilary, I am interested in all Americans opinions because I am trying to see if I am missing something about her that Americans would be aware of but not a foreigner like me :)

John Milton 

I'm surprised there's people even talking as if Hillary won't win.

Are you a Hilary supporter as well ? Why do you support her ?

John Milton 

I think Baro is expressing a prediction, not a hope...

Maybe, I'm  not sure what Baro actually thinks about issues because he seems fine to insult people but cant actually respond to a simple question. And I doubt its because  " he won't speak to BruceVC  " because he seems fine with sarcasm?

John Milton 

Are you a Hilary supporter as well?

Hahaha.

And I doubt its because " he won't speak to BruceVC " because he seems fine with sarcasm?

You're alright Bruce. Your views are terrible but you can handle the banter.

Okay but then I have no idea what type of SJ you believe in?

I assumed you had similar views to me, not about Capitalism but the importance of a fair and equitable society and that would mean realistically you need to uplift people to the middle class at least

So what US president do you support 

John Milton 

Hahaha.

And I doubt its because " he won't speak to BruceVC " because he seems fine with sarcasm?

I assumed you had similar views to me, not about Capitalism but the importance of a fair and equitable society and that would mean realistically you need to uplift people to the middle class at least

The difference is that liberals think welfare is the way up, but don't realize that like children people have to be pushed or else they will still be 30 without a job in their parents house playing video games.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Shady do you mind sharing why you personally don't like Hilary, I am interested in all Americans opinions because I am trying to see if I am missing something about her that Americans would be aware of but not a foreigner like me :)

I think Elerond gave a better response than I ever could

I would also never support someone just because of race or gender either (it would not play into my decision at all) and did not vote for Obama in 2008 even though I did in 2012

Also

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Hahaha.

The difference is that liberals think welfare is the way up, but don't realize that like children people have to be pushed or else they will still be 30 without a job in their parents house playing video games.

Okay good point, to be clear I don't believe in  state welfare...no this is not what I would consider is sustainable or is about job creation. I doubt any Liberal in  the USA  would actually say this as welfare just holds people back as it gets abused? 

John Milton 

I think Elerond gave a better response than I ever could

I would also never support someone just because of race or gender either and did not vote for Obama in 2008 (even though I did in 2012)

Also

Okay that chart is ....concerning

How accurate is it and what questions was she asked ?

John Milton