Democrat Presidential Debate

BruceVC

Jesus O'Mally, SHUT UP ABOUT THE ENERGY GRID.

Although he does have a good point that the democrats seem to be more on the same side than the republicans.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well that was uneventful.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Jesus O'Mally, SHUT UP ABOUT THE ENERGY GRID.

Although he does have a good point that the democrats seem to be more on the same side than the republicans.

Well yeah, it's easy to be a team player when your team has been winning.  :p

I can predict the future:

Hillary = Clinton part 7, more sneaky freedom act stuff, foreign affairs will stay the same.

Fixed it for you.

I only saw a little of the debate, but what I saw was very hilarious. Bernie Sanders was talking about how he was a part of the opposition to the bank mergers in the 90's. Then Hilary trying to one up Sander's actual political opposition with the lamest tough guy(girl?) act I've ever heard. She told the speculators to stop being speculators. Yeah, that definitely made Sander's look weak and Hilary look strong. All Sanders did was try to stop them, but Hillary, she looked them straight in the eyes, and said, "Stahp it". She looked very strong.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I read that Sanders said that no one cares about Hillary's emails. Welp, that's the end of that cuck. Nothing much to do unless this Webb guy starts attacking.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I read that Sanders said that no one cares about Hillary's emails. Welp, that's the end of that cuck. Nothing much to do unless this Webb guy starts attacking.

The whole Clinton email Benghazi investigation has a serious criticism in that an insider who was part of the investigation believes it has become more about trying to undermine Clinton than a proper assessment to understand what really happened ....this makes sense to me and I feel this whole incident and trying to blame Clinton is misplaced 

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/10/politics/benghazi-committee-investigation-political-hillary-clinton-brad-podliska-lawsuit/index.html?eref=rss_politics

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oh, lets talk about her likeability or her being a women then. You know, the stuff that really matters?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

After getting some sleep on it, I believe Chaffe will be the first to drop out. He got the least amount of speaking time and while he did praise Snowden and call out Hillary on Benghazi, but his explanation for voting to repeal Glass-Seagal or authorize the PATRIOT act was weak as hell despite being honest.

Webb looks to take the mantle of "moderate", but he needs more speaking time. Would have liked to hear more of substance from him, but he handled what time he had well.

O'Mally positioned himself as a different flavor of Clinton with more focus on clean energy, but I don't think he managed to differentiate himself enough to compete with the frontrunner. And the grid talk was more annoying than anything.

Hillary was what I expected, an attempt to look tougher than Sanders and hyping her status as a woman. Will probably absorb half of Chaffee's support and will have to be called out to do any damage to her lead.

Sanders was a disappointment. His unwillingness to challenge Hillary on anything might raise his appeal to democratic primary voters, but it made his points look muddy and lack definition, and him not wanting Hillary to be held accountable for her actions(real or imagined) was weak. Will probably be spun as Stalin 2.0 when in reality is Tsipras.

Overall boring and uneventful. The best option would be for Trump to destroy the world economy and throw everything into chaos, but it's pretty clear Trump is a Hillary shill so the most likely outcome is Clinton 5th term or Bush 3rd term and the only difference between those is that the government wears a smiley face mask while spying on people and fellating the oligarchs.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

She had the best debating skills out of the lot on a technical level, but gawd she's so unlikeable.

They say opposites attract - that would explain how she ended up married to someone so naturally likeable that I can't help but think of his presidency fondly, despite some of his bad policies and inglorious departure.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Did they just plant seeds and all of the sudden we have three new candidates?

Of course you support Clinton, she has that great qualification that all SJW look for in a president: a vagina.

Jesus, dude. Put a lid on it.

I don't think she'll let me.

Seriously though, at this point the media doesn't even care about her qualifications they just want it because it would mean the first female president. So Hillary gets to hog all the limelight, her mistakes forgotten and hidden while nobody even knows who the other candidates are.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Seriously though, at this point the media doesn't even care about her qualifications they just want it because it would mean the first female president. So Hillary gets to hog all the limelight, her mistakes forgotten and hidden while nobody even knows who the other candidates are.

What media are you watching?  Her qualifications are a huge part of the discussion, and for good reason, since she does have the most experience in the crowd.  Her mistakes are super magnified, I hear about Benghazi regularly and the stupid emails are finally starting to fade into obscurity.  

I'd say the talk about her gender has been fairly minimal, particularly compared to the amount of attention race received with Obama.

I'm not voting for her, I'm not really a fan of her policies by and large, but some of the people going off about her are just off their rockers.

What media are you watching?  Her qualifications are a huge part of the discussion, and for good reason, since she does have the most experience in the crowd.  Her mistakes are super magnified, I hear about Benghazi regularly and the stupid emails are finally starting to fade into obscurity.  

I'd say the talk about her gender has been fairly minimal, particularly compared to the amount of attention race received with Obama.

I'm not voting for her, I'm not really a fan of her policies by and large, but some of the people going off about her are just off their rockers.

It is mostly liberal talk shows and Hollywood reporter crap, mostly the same type of shows where you see an actor promoting his/her movie: Now comes Hillary to promote her campaign. It is a bit bothersome to see a politician get the same soft treatment that actors get.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I'd say the talk about her gender has been fairly minimal

She does keep bringing it up herself, though.

Cooper: How would your presidency be different from a third Obama term?

Clinton: I'm a woman!

Cooper: Why should the Dems rally behind an establishment insider like you?

Clinton: I'm a woman!

(Well of course those weren't the exact words, but that's what her answers boiled down to... :p)

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

^Nothing to see here, folks! Just pure coincidence! No agenda pushed! There's no narrative to be had!

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Well, it is true that the stakes are different for her since she's the front-runner and "party establishment" candidate.

All she had to do to "win" the debate, was to avoid making any catastrophic mistakes.

Whereas her rivals are outsiders who would have needed to really stand out in the debate, in order to even establish themselves as a serious contender.

Since that didn't happen and she didn't make a catastrophic mistake, she won by default, in a sense.

But hey, the contenders will get another chance in the next debate.

With Hillary I cannot shake the feeling that if someone were to write a politician AI it would look a lot like her. Everything seems to be politically calculated, tailored and vetted. It was probably the same with Bill too in practice, but Hillary lacks the charm and skill in delivery that he had. That was evident last time she ran as well, Obama isn't actually the best speech writer nor maker nor is he a particularly good off the cuff orator but he had the big advantage of not sounding as if some PR agent was using him as a ventriloquist's dummy most of the time.

I can't imagine the Ron Paul crowd will find a lot to like in Bernie Sanders. There are some similarities on a few things, like trade protectionism for example. But libertarians are opposed to government expansion and Sanders is about TOTAL government takeover.  

But I guess they would both appeal to knee-jerk contrarians who are just looking for someone outside the "establishment".  But they are just asholes looking to muck things up.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

But I guess they would both appeal to knee-jerk contrarians who are just looking for someone outside the "establishment".  But they are just asholes looking to muck things up.

Heh, I'm pretty sure that is a fair description of people who live on the internet.  :p

• Like 2

I can't imagine the Ron Paul crowd will find a lot to like in Bernie Sanders. There are some similarities on a few things, like trade protectionism for example. But libertarians are opposed to government expansion and Sanders is about TOTAL government takeover.  

I don't think that the Ron Paul crowd were all libertarians, at the time the term was pretty unknown and has only come to the light due to Paul politics.

village_idiot.gif

Paul and Sanders are both effectively running the same campaign. They don't like the establishment trying to force their way into the establishment to adjust it. But they're the exact opposite in terms of overall goals, so they appeal to each parties disenfranchised base. Paul was pushing for a hyper limited government and had the socially progressive policies (relative) that appealed to those members of the party who'd been ignored, the millennial generation. Sanders is the same way, and appeals to the same people, but from the democratic base rather than the republican one. Sanders is looking directly at the Millennial gen and saying "Come vote for me so that we can be like all those things you hear on the internet!"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.