Pillars of balancing

I would also fund a PoE2 and any other projects set in the PoE world that continue to promise the same sort of (non-console) isometric party based CRPGs.! 

Bring them on! :)

• Like 1

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I'll back it.  Pillars wasn't perfect but they did a damn good job and nuffin is ever perfect anyway, even Baldur's Gate 2 (waits for the screaming to stop).  I will probably back it for even more than I did last time but that's more I know what to expect from them in this regard and what I'll be getting (previous backing was based on previous work but not knowing what they would turf out under a kickstarter, now I know what kind of work to expect and that it will be a game that I personally will like I will be willing to put up more).

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I'll back it.  Pillars wasn't perfect but they did a damn good job and nuffin is ever perfect anyway, even Baldur's Gate 2 (waits for the screaming to stop).  I will probably back it for even more than I did last time but that's more I know what to expect from them in this regard and what I'll be getting (previous backing was based on previous work but not knowing what they would turf out under a kickstarter, now I know what kind of work to expect and that it will be a game that I personally will like I will be willing to put up more).

I'd rather see a Game Editor so that we can finally have some true Mod's to this genre.

• Like 1

I'd back it. Didn't hear about PoE in time to back it, but if PoE2 comes around then I'll throw them some cash. Nothing is perfect, but it is by far the most enjoyable game I've played this year. The more lore they introduce and the more of game's universe they expose will (I believe) just add to my immersion.

Eh, Ill throw the lowest tier coin at PoE 2 to support Obs but the game will just sit in my library having never been installed, just like the first. ;(

Would you install if leaving it in your library uninstalled prompted your PC to need a save V BSOD DC 20?

Eh, Ill throw the lowest tier coin at PoE 2 to support Obs but the game will just sit in my library having never been installed, just like the first. ;(

Would you install if leaving it in your library uninstalled prompted your PC to need a save V BSOD DC 20?

hey mate we need help on anther thread in regards to attack speed, recovery speed,

can you give us a hand

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/82781-most-overpowered-builds-post-patch-202/page-8?do=findComment&comment=1745675

Baldurs Gate 1 was released Dec 1998

Baldurs Gate 2 was released Sep 2000

So maybe we might not be waiting to long for POE2, 18 months from now if where lucky..................

Keep in mind BG1 didn't have two expansions like POE1 has so I think it will be longer then 18 months.

an editor would be great. modding these 2d art games is insanely tough tho.

a nwn2-based creation kit with the nwn1-kit ease of use and intuitieness, unrelated to the dnd brand, something like FRUA but with nwn2 level technology but made specifically for creating modules.

hmm, much rather THAT than anything else. 

Every time I tried combat in the Beta my brain wanted to BSOD, so its a toss up. :lol:

• Like 2

Hello, long time player but first time poster on forums. I had to create account to tell you guys that patch 2.03 brings highly frustraiting and in some point boring gameplay combat wise. I play on PotD, Ironman, Expert for good challenge and am quite far into game. I have custom party of Cipher (main), Wizard, Warrior, Chanter, Rogue and Ranger. Now tactics that I applied before patch 2.03 by debuffing enemies and controlling "large pulls gone wrong" are mostly inneffective now.

Immune, immune, immune, immune is all I see. Lately I have resorted to "Door block", "Abuse corner" and "Rubberband" pulls because I cannot successfully control enemies. It was quite tough before as often enemies resist my spells or just get half of effect but now complete immunity is forcing my to abuse those god awful tactics just to survive, to point where I quit the game and went to play Wasteland 2 DC. It is just not fun. Not only that I fear I will now wipe on some random encounter because I have no idea of enemies "immunities" and lose Ironman, I also feel that most of my Cipher / Wizard spells are completely useless. Spells being useless is my main reason for not playing atm. Combat feels very one dimentional.

If immunities are here to stay, I am OK with that but you guys at Obsidian need to rethink of many spells that were useful before are now rare situational, and as cipher I dont have luxury of wizard spell variety.

Finally, my suggestion is that reduce ammount of immunities from enemies. Maybe add increased Saving Throw against spesific spell type (petrification, mind control, ect.).

• Like 1

Hello, long time player but first time poster on forums. I had to create account to tell you guys that patch 2.03 brings highly frustraiting and in some point boring gameplay combat wise. I play on PotD, Ironman, Expert for good challenge and am quite far into game. I have custom party of Cipher (main), Wizard, Warrior, Chanter, Rogue and Ranger. Now tactics that I applied before patch 2.03 by debuffing enemies and controlling "large pulls gone wrong" are mostly inneffective now.

Immune, immune, immune, immune is all I see. Lately I have resorted to "Door block", "Abuse corner" and "Rubberband" pulls because I cannot successfully control enemies. It was quite tough before as often enemies resist my spells or just get half of effect but now complete immunity is forcing my to abuse those god awful tactics just to survive, to point where I quit the game and went to play Wasteland 2 DC. It is just not fun. Not only that I fear I will now wipe on some random encounter because I have no idea of enemies "immunities" and lose Ironman, I also feel that most of my Cipher / Wizard spells are completely useless. Spells being useless is my main reason for not playing atm. Combat feels very one dimentional.

If immunities are here to stay, I am OK with that but you guys at Obsidian need to rethink of many spells that were useful before are now rare situational, and as cipher I dont have luxury of wizard spell variety.

Finally, my suggestion is that reduce ammount of immunities from enemies. Maybe add increased Saving Throw against spesific spell type (petrification, mind control, ect.).

Increased savings throws is a much smarter approach than simply smapping "immune" all over monsters. Sorry to hear about your experience going south, hopefully (another) patch will change that.

Although, this is the reason I never go beyond "normal" difficulty in any game. I love a challenge, but I do not trust game developers at all. So when I want a real challenge, instead of making a single-player game harder, I simply go play an online PvP game lol

Not only that I fear I will now wipe on some random encounter because I have no idea of enemies "immunities" and lose Ironman...

Just FYI, I think you can see enemy immunities by referencing the Beastiary (maybe even with cursor hover?).

Immunities are listed under abilities, which is the last thing that gets filled out.

• Like 1

Yes sorry to hear that.

I am also currently doing PotD Trial of Iron mode (already restarted once earlier on because of immunities). Didn't do triple crown this time round because I already done it last playthrough on a no-caster party (range indicator is not needed as most martial abilities do not need aoe targeting). Currently have a cipher and priest to help against the immunities.

I don't know about wizards but for ciphers, they thankfully have powers like Psychovampiric Shield, Body Attunement and Wild Leech that isn't covered by immunities (but can still be saved against). No active effects but at least enemies saves can be reduced. Also I am also looking to see if I can fit in weapons that stun on crit in my builds. Those are not actual stun afflictions so they should bypass immunity.